main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Recap of 2nd Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Miami, FL' started by Darth_Santos, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Santos

Darth_Santos Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 9, 2004
    Well, very disappinting meeting. Only 2 people met. I saw Sea_Trooper (I think) in a plain red shirt with black hair. Was that you? Only KornRawker and I met.

What we did?

1) Waited till 3:30 for everyone to show up.

2) Went inside Borders and looked at SW novels. I got Cloak of Deception and Guillermo (Korn) got Insider 82.

3) We went to the Costume store and looked at at SW costumes (Jango, Vader, Padme, Clones, etc.). We also saw standees.

4) We went to Hot Topic to look for a Sidious shirt but they only had 2X Large.

5) We went to KB Toys, and I picked up another Clone Pilot for my Republic Gunship.

6) We went to FYE and picked up the Collector's Edition Widescreen Box Set of Episode I for $5!!! It brought the Widescreen movie (VHS), the Art of TPM (book), and a unique strip of film from the movie. My strip was Qui-Gonn talking to Watto and Anakin about repairing his ship. Guillermo's strip was Padme speaking to a leader of Naboo aboard her ship right b4 Ani gives her the necklace.

7) We went to the pretzel stand - Guillermo got a pretzel and I got a coke.

8) We headed back to Borders and I met my mom and brother and parted with Guillermo.

END

2. ilovechewchew

ilovechewchew Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    sorry, worked graveyard shift last night and slept all day. i was very upset when i woke up and realized i forgot what today was.

3. Darth_Santos

Dec 9, 2004
    That's ok. Just try to show up next time.

4. sea_trooper

sea_trooper Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2003
    We went to FYE and picked up the Collector's Edition Widescreen Box Set of Episode I for $5!!!

:eek: OMG!!! I would have LOVED to get that! But if you saw me then I looked a bit depressed, mainly because my mom forgot to cash my paycheck and I was at the mall for an hour and a half with only 3 dollars in my card! Do you know how taunting that can be!

We went to the pretzel stand - Guillermo got a pretzel and I got a coke.

No way! I went too! But I went to the one at the food court area and I had a pretzel dog and a medium coke.

Only 2 people met.

I saw you with a long hair guy next to you. And on the bench I saw a guy with a KORN shirt on, was he with you too?

5. Darth_Santos

Dec 9, 2004
    We also went to the one in the food court.

Dude, there is one box set left in FYE; it's in the VHS section right after the dvds. Hurry b4 someone else gets it! :)

The "guy with the long hair" is KoRnRawker ;)

Well, I didn't see a guy with a Korn shirt on, but I did see a guy sitting on the bench with a Kiss shirt on [face_plain].

6. DarthKoRnRawker

DarthKoRnRawker Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    Well Like DarthSantos said...very disappointing this meeting was. We thought we were gonna have a bigger turnout but obviously we didnt. For those who went to mall and didnt find us, dont worry cuz next time we're gonna take signs so you can spot us. :D But still Santos and I found the Episode I Collector's thing so that was very good and for only $5!!! Overall, I just hope everyone tries their harderst to attend the next meeting. MTFBWY!!!

7. ilovechewchew

ilovechewchew Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    i think you need to get the word out a lil better. maybe leave flyers in the star wars related mags and books and videos, etc. also post about it on the web in other places. there are places you can leave flyers too like hot topic, mosh pitt, uncle sams, music stores, maybe even some comic shops, clubs, schools. you don't need fancy expensive flyers. just print a few small ones and maybe make a few "poster" types. there are star wars fans everywhere, but not all of them come to this forum. GET THE WORD OUT.

8. sea_trooper

sea_trooper Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2003
    Well, I didn't see a guy with a Korn shirt on, but I did see a guy sitting on the bench with a Kiss shirt on

Yeah I saw that guy afterward. He had longish hair and glasses right? The guy I'm talking about was like 20-something and had short hair.

Hurry b4 someone else gets it!

I will!

We also went to the one in the food court.

Heh, wasn't the register girl hot? ;)

For further meetings I'm going to try to make some sort of flyer and put them around places like I did for Enterprise.

And DarthKoRnRawker, I think I've seen you before... You from Braddock?

9. DarthKoRnRawker

DarthKoRnRawker Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    Yeah dude I just gradutated and if you're the guy me and DarthSantos saw then yeah I've seen you too. MTFBWY!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.