main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Recap of 3/14/04 Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    We had a very productive meeting today. I first wanna thank all those who attended...Gwen_Amidala, Pada-1, JediJunky, PsycoYoda, JediMike and myself. First I just wanna say it was very nice to see JediMike again and no matter what is decided as far as the banning/reinstatement JediMike is a part of our FF now and will be welcome to attend all future meetings/activities. Next we decided to begin immediate construction on a Dayton FF website for several reasons...Although everything is calming down somewhat now as far as the little uprising with the Moderators and ownership goes you just never know what will happen in the future, Secondly we feel that many FFs have begun to move away from Star Wars and more towards other topics not Sci-Fi related and we want to avoid this trend, Third we all agree that it would be very nice to be able to say what we want when we want and not have to fear consequences for our actions, Fourth we will be able to have anyone we want join and post without being told do it and you'll be spanked. We also talked about ideas for future meetings and how much fun the next 2 years are gonna be for Star Wars and how we are definetely gonna take advantage of that...We've got part 2 of the Clone Wars cartoon, OT DVD release, C3, Episode 3 toys, Episode 3. We also discussed that if the Ohio picnic is decided to be in August then Dayton will be willing to host a All-Ohio cookout in July for those FFs that can't make the one in August. This FF is gonna have alot of fun over the next couple of years and I feel it started today. Thanks again everybody for showing up and being a part of this great Fellowship! :)

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    then Dayton will be willing to host a All-Ohio cookout in July
    I've heard about the Dayton cookouts...count me in! Good food, good people, good times!

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I thought the purpose of All Ohio was to get all the fanforces together for ONE BIG event. Having several of them would kind of take away from it, don't you think?

4. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    The way I've heard it is that Cincy won't show up even if it is in Cincy unless we kick out one of our own members and that is not going to happen.

5. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    What's all this about? Please enlighten me in a PM. Thanks.

6. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Sean, you know why some of our member do not want to be in presence of this individual, so please try not to make it sound like we requested you to kick him out, this is not true. And from what I know, the individual in question is banned from these boards too.

7. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I was alerted by a GSA who confirmed that the individual that you all speak of is banned and this time for good. That is for the best and safety of us all. :)

8. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Then no need to talk about it anymore.
    Nowif Dayton wants to welcome this individual at their meeting, that's their choice. I would just like the Cincy bashing/mocking to stop, it's getting really frustrating.

9. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Really Lady Lucas? I've heard that they are close to resolving this with a compromise. Until they post it why don't you go post some pictures of Dan Quayle or Billy Graham or something.

10. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Ok Sean, can you stop being rude? We have been nothing but friendly to you AND your family since we've known you. If you want to turn your back on us,that's your choice, but don't agress us, ok?
    I just hope the individual won't "Twist your cane around your neck" as he said he wished he could do.
    LL, ignore these boards and remain where we are welcomed, please.

11. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    We actually agree on something Ludo, I think it's best that you stay where you are welcome also...and I will do the same. :)

12. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    A bientot!

13. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    So Long! That's how we say it in America.

14. Gwen_Amidala

Gwen_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    Yikes. Well, in regards to yesterday's meeting, I enjoyed seeing everyone. :)

15. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    I second that yikes and raise a what the %*#@!.Taking this guy in is not meant as a insult to Cincy, I feel that if someone wants to join us and we agree, that should be it. No malice or ill will is intended by this action, I think it's getting ridiculous when any FF is fighting with another over member acceptance, bottom line is Star Wars fandom and appreciation.

16. Gwen_Amidala

Gwen_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with Pada. When this went from Star Wars talk to personal shtuff is beyond me.

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    As this is the Dayton boards...if those visiting from other cities can't keep their local business off the Dayton boards. The CR has every right to ask for assistance from the Regional Support Administrator for this Dayton board.

Any problems Sean_Starrider?

18. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I could not have said it any better myself Pada-1, You nailed it perfectly. Thanks for watching over us Krash and for checking in. I'm gonna go ahead and say that there are no problems. I think and hope that the arguements posted here today were a one time deal and won't be of future concern. Just to let you all know...The verdict was handed down to me and JediMike will not be reinstated. He won't be allowed to post here on our boards however he will be allowed to attend all our meetings/activities including when we do joint activities with other FanForces. I know it's dissapointing but we just gotta live with it, This is just how life goes...You win some and you lose some.

19. nero_2burn

nero_2burn Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2004
    Is he a part of Fan Force or not? I understand the no posting on the boards but is he a card carrying member? Or is he just not allowed to post?

20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I think Qui-Gon would have said something along these lines:
    "The ability to post does not make you a member."

If everything is going well with you guys, I would say he's a member of your FF...thee is more to being a SW fan then posting on the internet. As for matters of Dayton FF voting...you could have someone (Nero or Sean_Starrider) express his vote via PM.

21. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Sounds good to me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.