main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Recasting the Big 3

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jonipoon, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i have but the series on netflix doesn't have that episode.

2. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    i saw the one where harrison did the dialagoue. the end of it anyways.

cerealbox likes this.
  3. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    If they do do this, I say Taron Egerton for Luke, since he was considered for young Han, but thinking about it, he seems like he fits Luke better IMO.

4. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Well that's maybe because it's the only movie where Mark is...over 30.

The "meat" of the post ROTJ can easily be earlier. Since that time is now largely unexplored it should be difficult to do an Anthology film set earlier with a still relatively young Big 3 as leads. No different than the other Anthology films creating "meat" where hitherto there was none.

I actually think Han and Leia are more difficult roles to recast successfully. Harrison and Carrie had such distinct personalities, and looks, during the OT, more so than "straight man" Luke. Luke is a much broader character to cast, and is open to much greater interpretation. Leia and Han are far more specific.

5. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Han, Leia and Luke will not get recast, as Kennedy explains below. They are not going to have a SW 4.5, 5.5 or 6.5....

The Saga films focus on the Skywalker family saga. The stories follow a linear narrative that connects to the previous six films. The Force Awakens follows Return of the Jedi and continues that generational story. The Anthology films offer opportunities to explore fresh characters, new storylines and a variety of genres inside the Star Wars universe.

6. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    well han already got recast lol so i guess her statement is open to intepretation. sure we probably wont see luke ala anakin TPM but maybe leia's adventures leading up to ANH at some point......

7. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Han did not get recast. Not the Han we know, from ANH to TFA. Ehrenreich got cast as the younger version of the Han Solo character.

cerealbox likes this.
  8. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    It depends on what they want to do. If they want to do some films set in the timeline between ROTJ and TFA that feature then Big Three, then a recast is probably necessary. If they want to limit that to books, comics, probably an animated TV show at some point, then not so much.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  9. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I don't think Ehrenreich will get to play the mature version of Han Solo. He will play a teenaged (18-19 year old) Han in a film taking place possibly 10 years before ANH.

I'm pretty sure this Solo film will be a very funny movie, so obviously Ehrenreich's version of Han will be more cheerful and "innocent" while exploring how he came to be that man Luke and Obi-Wan met in the cantina.

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  10. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I will sum up my opinion on different actors playing young versions of the big 3:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I have to say it, Lucas really wasted a lot of time making more Star Wars films. We could of had the sequel and prequel trilogies come out in the same decade.

12. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    that doesn't make any sense.

13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Christ, dude, why do you always do that?

I'm talking about using Hamill, Fisher and Ford when they were a lot younger in another trilogy. Including the prequels, there could have been twelve movies at this juncture. We had to wait sixteen years for another movie...he waited way too long in my opinion.

Darth Formidious and JediMatteus like this.
  14. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    i like sense.

15. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008

your right. i mean carrie herself said why now, i looked better a decade ago.

16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    No, you like people spelling **** out for you.

Darth Formidious likes this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm going to spell some **** out. Drop the personal attacks, and also the obvious provocation of other members, or witness the destructive power of this fully armed and operational banning system.

18. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    lucas makes movies his own way in his own time. they take three years. wishing he made films differently to get more, faster is nonsensical. that's how he works.

i don't need it spelled out for me i'm facetiously pointing out the statement is odd. calm down.

19. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I really hope Lucasfilm ignores the vocal fandom on this, and considers recasting rhe OT3 for the OT and post-ROTJ timeframe. I want to see live action films for those periods. Not just comics, cartoons, coloring books and novels.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't think it'll have anything to do with listening to the fandom. I think (and hope) that they want to keep some sense of visual continuity between the characters appearances. So having a young Han before he appears in ANH is acceptable but having different actors playing the trio in films set in between or after the OT only for the original actors to return in films set later is going a bit too far.

21. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    JabbatheHumanBeing "I really hope Lucasfilm ignores the vocal fandom on this, and considers recasting rhe OT3 for the OT and post-ROTJ timeframe. I want to see live action films for those periods. Not just comics, cartoons, coloring books and novels."

Yet another terrible idea as to how SW should go in the future. SW is a success because that's what it is, not LOTR or a Tarantino flick. Change is not always for the best.

22. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    I'd like to see all sorts of time periods caught on film, including the OT and post-OT time frame. Not sure why that's such a terrible thing. SW is a success for a number of reasons related to story, imagery, characters and tone. "Not recasting actors" has nothing to do with that winning formula.

I just think that is hugely and unnecessarily limiting. Hamlet has been played by thousands of actors. So can Han.

23. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    JabbatheHumanBeing "I just think that is hugely and unnecessarily limiting." What would be limiting is scratching around for ideas for the OT3 after ROTJ when there are thousands of years worth of stories in the GFFA. That's why I can't see an Obi-Wan story ever getting green lit, he just sat in his hovel watching Luke for 19 years.

24. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    I'm not arguing for limited things to the OT timeframe or the OT3. I'm arguing for no limits whatsoever, including for the OT timeframe and the OT3. I'd love to see a Jedi/ Sith origin film, for example.

People don't have to like it. But it's no use denying that rejecting OT3 recasts during those time periods is inherently limiting.

25. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR, though I question the feasibility of such a project, I do understand what you're saying and think it would've been a good idea if done correctly. :)

Just ignore those that don't have the capacity to understand it. Best not to get yourself in trouble. ;)

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.