main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Recent Administration Problems

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Harry_Hill, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanktopgirl

Tanktopgirl Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2001
    I have pm'd Darth Sapient about this.

It's unbelievable that I have been publicly dragged into this at all.

You are abusing your powers as moderators and my rights as a board user to publicly name me as one of OJK's socks.

In over 6000 posts I have never posted in communications, never intended to and the only reason I am doing now, is because i am being publicly berated.

OJK and I work at the same university. There must be around 7000 staff and students here with the same IP address. We are not all one giant person and I do not appreciate my personal log in details being posted here.

This is not a Nazi state and I have done nothing other than share an IP address with OJK.

Perhaps the moderators should acknowledge this as publicly as they berrated me and inferred I was OJK.

If not, I am to take it, it's not ok to flame people unless you're a moderator.

2. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    aye, what she said.........

3. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    //twiddles thumbs

//looks left and right but can't see an apology on the horizon.

4. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    As far as the IP is concerned your from the same place as the IP is the same, no one can tell if your the same person or not.

5. Harry_Hill

Harry_Hill Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    Exactly. See? Even LV agrees. Come on, admins. Apologise to TTG.

6. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    Actually I may have stated that wrong because I agree with the mods.

Perhaps someone shouldn't have thought about the IP issue and the chance of being banned when they posted using socks.

Anyway, why does it bother you so much considering you "left" here anyway? :confused:

7. garrettendi

garrettendi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    i havent posted in this thread, mainly due to fear that one of the mods here (particularly the ever foolish darth sapient) will ban me.

but i have to say that I agree with everything that has been said as a criticism of the mods. AlphaWolf and CA were the best mods there are in these forums, they were not constantly geeky, and were not constantly overprotective.

and i think it is incredibly stupid to immediately accuse two seperate people of being the same person on the basis of having the same IP address.

8. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    How is it?

They weren't constructive socks and had EXACTLY the same IP obvious conclusion is that they are the same person.

9. Harry_Hill

Jan 29, 2002
    Anyway, why does it bother you so much considering you "left" here anyway?

Why does it bother you? You've left here. You leave here about three times a month, every time you have a crying fit.

Anyway, be quiet, we're still waiting for the mods to come and apologise to TTG. Come on mods, especially Darth Sapient. Apologise to TTG.

10. IamJacksMonkey

IamJacksMonkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2001
    Perhaps someone shouldn't have thought about the IP issue and the chance of being banned when they posted using socks.

They weren't constructive socks and had EXACTLY the same IP obvious conclusion is that they are the same person.

anyways, since when were you made a mod?

what are you on a bout LV. you've been caught in an IP ban before, how would you like it if you remained banned? you know what you just said is completely illogical.

11. Echo_Base

Echo_Base Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2001
    ooohh,
    thats why im easy
    aaggh aaagghh aagghh aaagghhh
    im easy like sunday
    moooorning, yeeeaahhh...

Mods in this gaff are knobs.

12. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    Exactly thats how I know to be more careful

13. Mr Reality Sandwiches

Mr Reality Sandwiches Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2000
    Actually if we are going to get technical here..they left the Fan Force British Isle...

14. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    We've never been called that

15. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998

....Which is why I rose the point further back that TTG and OJK are different people and not socks.

I think this is dragging the thread away from the issue. I mean, "OJK" (who I assume was the sockman), shouldn't have really used multiple names for his posts, but then again, the mods shouldn't use that as a way to disregard his points.

Argue the points, not the person making the points.

Now, come on guys, this is getting into being a FFUK personal thing, rather then the General JC issue it was before. So why don't the FFUK peeps slowly back out and let "OJK" finish the discussion with the mods without the "FanForce/ff-uk.org groupings" automatically coming down on either side.

Whadda ya think?

UKS

16. Harry_Hill

Jan 29, 2002
    Welcome
    The Star Wars Films
    Beyond The Films: The Expanded Universe
    Fan Activities
    JC Community
    FanForce General - General discussions pertaining to FanForce
    FanForce Asia and Africa
    FanForce British Isles
    FanForce Canada
    FanForce Europe - European fans, meet here!
    FanForce Latin America
    FanForce Oceania .......

17. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001

But, LV, why should I, or the rest of the university with the same IP address even begin to think about it? I can't keep track of what 7000 other people are up to electronically.

If the moderators don't know whether or not OJK and I are the same person then I should not be publicly dragged into anything.

I have done nothing other than share an IP address with OJK. I have never posted in Communications in over 6000 posts up until now and never intended to.

As you will remember, I prefered to have a laugh.

As my caring City Rep, you will also be aware that I never posted a leaving thread and never officially "left".

However I chose not to post on the British Boards again for reasons of my own. Surely you are not saying that this justifies public beration or posting of my personal details by the moderators?

If so, then this really is a Nazi state and you're responsible for encouraging it.

18. Harry_Hill

Jan 29, 2002
    Very good, UKS. A nice way to wrap up this discussion would be for the mods to make a public apology to TTG, as outlined above.

Mods? Over to you.

19. IamJacksMonkey

IamJacksMonkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2001
    i'm fine with backing out. as long is stays as the sensible thread it once was, withouth people jumping down Harry_hills' throat. The mods can reply to it. Got that LV? the mods, not the mod wannabes.

20. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    So the link says that but we've never been called it nor have any other board actually called us that either, and our icon doesn't say that. So going by the majority we are the FF-UK not Bristish Isles.

LMAO I do not want to be a mod you guys put a stop to that, mind you I do appriciate how concerned you were that I would be a mod ;)

21. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    The United Kingdom doesn't include Ireland (Republic of), wheras the British Isles does. So MrRS was and is correct.

22. Mr Reality Sandwiches

Mr Reality Sandwiches Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2000
    I can't believe its an issue...whatever it's called everybody knows what I'm talking about..yes?...I'm not confusing anybody am I?

For heavens sake stop being 'tacky'

23. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Both Nathan and DS could have chosen better wording in their posts, but since many of you are exclusively posting the UK section of FanForce, both would never have come across your names. They did not intentionally "taint" you, but we are sorry that it came off that way.

But that aside, can we keep this thread on whatever track it is supposed to have?

24. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    LV, I do believe you're avoiding all the issues in my above post.

The fact is I didn't leave, I chose not to post on the British Boards for my own reasons and have the same rights to confidentiality and reasonable treatment from moderators here as anybody else.

25. MrsDankDonk

MrsDankDonk Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    :: consults US-approved map of world ::

:: realises all the dissenting voices are from UK IP addresses ::
    :: jumps to conclusion ::

:: bombs France by mistake ::

:: retires to porch to sip a mint julip ::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.