main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Recent Administration Problems

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Harry_Hill, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    To be honest I don't really have anything to say to you. So I am choosing not to speak to you.

2. garrettendi

garrettendi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    LV, so what you're saying is that if someone banned a user with the same IP as you (which has happened to you before) and accidentally banned you in the process, you would happily accept your banning and wait patiently for some guy you probably dont know outside of the JC to be reinstated?

i seem to remember that you were a little peed off about being IP banned by accident. you really should stop being hypocritical.

3. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    To be honest I don't really have anything to say to you. So I am choosing not to speak to you.

Translation - You're right, I don't know what I'm talking about, I can't come up with an intelligent reply.

4. Tanktopgirl

Tanktopgirl Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2001

And only a few posts ago, you had so much to say...but thankyou LV, is that a promise?

Kadue, thankyou, for the above apology - it's a shame the good mods have to post apologies for the mistakes of other less able moderators.

5. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    I've already had warnings because people at my college have come on here causing trouble and that IP was almost banned, so what just means I don't post at college no big deal.

6. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    and what if your modem broke on your home computer? then what?

the fact is you would feel different if college was the only place you could access the internet from.

7. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I'd hate to be in a dorm room of 3 years posting at the jc with my college's IP address, when suddenly i'm IP banned. All because some freshman just moved in on the other side of campus and spammed the jc.

8. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Guys, take this as an official warning, take it to PMs and stop de-railing the thread with this. It has no relevancy to the topic, and is in effect, spamming the thread.

9. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    okay Kadue

i wasnt trying to flame LV, i was trying to make my point.

the point is now made so i'll stop now.

10. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    They weren't constructive socks and had EXACTLY the same IP obvious conclusion is that they are the same person.

OK. Let me clear something up for you all. OJK and TTG were NOT on exactly the same IP address. They post from the same IP block, meaning the first three sets of three digits are the same but the last three differ. Since where they work uses dynamic IP allocation each time they log on they recieve a random spare IP address within the universities IP block. This means that, over time, one will often be allocated an IP address previously used by the other.
    Whilst initial investigation shows that they *could* be the same person more checking indicates that they are indeed distinct. Though the true situation cannot be determmined by mere IP analysis the evidence of such analysis does not indicate that the are one and the same.

I feel this situation is indicitive of the recent standards of moderation on this board. The mods, in general, seem more intent on saving face and looking good politically then being fair or indeed, honest.
    Similarily I find LadyVader81's attitude highly unconstructive. At a time when tensions are high within the British Isles FanForce one would hope that the CityRep would help ease those tensions. Instead all I see are posts which are deliberately provocatative and often contradict themselves. This is having the the effect of further seperating and frustrating the factions within the fanforce.

11. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    TC you bring this up again yet I spoke about this at the last meet, and no one there had a problem with me.

The only tension thats being made at the moment is actually from your posts against me.

12. Harry_Hill

Harry_Hill Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    TC's post clearly ties in to the topic of this thread, ie the inadequacies of JC Mods. Your post, LV, was off-topic. I beleive Kadue has already given you an official warning about posting off topic.

So to continue the discussion, the original theory was that the inadequacies of the current Administration stem from some sort of social inadequacy in their real lives. Is this argumwent sustainable? Would any of the mods like to take the opposite view, that they are well-rounded members of society?

Perhaps you've seen a mod in real life - if so, what did they look like? Were they conversing normally with real people? Was their t-shirt tucked into their jeans? Did they stlye their hair in a parting? Were they with a girl, or all alone?

Whatever your story, this thread would love to hear from you.

13. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm not quite sure I can believe what I'm reading.

Are you honestly suggesting we're somehow different from regular people? Or is this just a joke/satire?

14. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    ROTFLMAOPIMP @ Harry Hill [face_laugh]

this thread is classic. a serious point, wrapped in a hilarious thread.

15. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    I am not like normal people. I keep my shirt untucked, keep my hair messy, and wear a big ball-cap that says, "Ban Me". I also like to wear my favorite sweatshirt that says, "The 3SA can kick your ass". I get strange looks sometimes, but oh well.

Bottom line - I need help, seeeeerious help. 8-}

16. LumpyMaiden

LumpyMaiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    i've met three mods and a former mod. two of them were girls, another one was with a girl, and another one was with me, a girl (well not with with me, but we were sitting at the same table). one of them loves cats and lemurs. another one had something in her back pocket that we thought might have been a condom. it turned out to be a camera lens, but whatever. they were wearing jeans, i think. i was at a bar with three of them. actually, i was at a bar with the fourth one also.

um... mods are normal people. and nice people, too! well, the australian ones, at least.

edit:
    just to clarify: i may not always agree with them as mods, but as people they're pretty normal. but then again, i'm still not quite sure if that post was meant to be a joke or not...

17. taibunsuu

taibunsuu Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2002
    The hilt is exactly 28 cm. The blade is exactly one meter. Any longer, and the blade wouldn't have the necessary resistance to other blades and wouldn't have good cutting ability. Any shorter, and it would be inadequate for dueling a longer blade.

You think I'm kidding? I find your lack of faith disturbing.

-- Tai

18. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    What the hell just happened here, folks?

19. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    Tanktopgirl, RioFerdinandsTopLip, WonderWoman, and Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon:

I apologize for listing all the users on that IP address, an action that implied that all were the same person. I saw that three different users in this thread were backing each other up in criticizing the administration and decided to put a stop to the deception. In doing so, I posted more than was necessary by listing everyone on that IP address. While I didn't say that they were all the same person, I didn't do say anything that would dispel that assumption. Thus, my hasty and poorly-worded post implied that all the users were one and the same. Again, I offer my most heartfelt apologies to said unrelated individuals for any perceived sleight of their character. If there is anything further that I can do to make amends, please do not hesitate to tell me.

That said, I'm standing by the point I was trying to make with my first post: That is, that it is unaccceptable to hide behind sockpuppets in an attempt to deceive other forum members, as Harry_Hill/Evil-Kenevil/beaucoup_sith/ObiJohnKenobi/BGRMonkeyLove has done.

20. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I don't really think it's the administration's fault here, i think it's their lack of stopping it in general, i mean, their trying, and we've gotta reconize that, but not in the best way. I mean, i wasn't a member at the time when the JC had it's so called "wonder years," but if i am right, i know a few members who still have the cut throught hillarity of back in those days. Let's take the YJCC for example, i mean, the place used to be a sanctuary for all good fanboys, and now, it's just nothing more than a love nest of heartbreaks, social threads, and spam. Back a few years ago, a person could want to go there to join in on the fun, now, there is hardly no fun left. I'm not naming any names here, but some admin think that closing threads and banning everyone is the answer, but unmeaningly by them, though, it's not the answer, in fact, far from it. That will just make the place more grudgy. The only change that i wish would happen is the old version of the YJCC to come back.

Socks! damn you socks! ARRRHGGGG! --spits in sock's face--

Please watch your language.

21. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    Hello people!

Could I ask those of both factions of FFUK to take any issue that isn't directly related to the thread topic to the appropriate place ie: FFUK.

I'm not sure that the rest of the JC/FF are particulary interested in our internal political issues that seem to forever be causing tension.

Thankyou

Stu

22. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    --peasingly and lyingly speaks--

KnightWriter, heh, sorry bout that, i snap at socks sometimes. You know, now that i'm the anti-sock.

23. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998

I think our new FFUK banner should say:

"FFUK: We have more DRAMA then Communications and The Mod Squad combined!"

OR

"FFUK: For your Daily Drama needs....With superfluous 'U's!"

UKS

24. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    LOL! Just what this thread needs UKS - a return of the humour ;)

OK, on topic:
    The Admin do the best job they can and I think most of them do a really good job. We are talking about humans who volunteer, not robots.

And yes, put a lot of nerds, geeks and various other species of SW fan in one place and well, it can only mean one thing: a rip in the fabric of sanity creating a blackhole. Mental side effects often include such things as the endless need to justify why ESB will always be the best SW film and the constant obsession with a certain very rare Jawa figure :D

25. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Wonderful Idea, UK Sullustian ;)

I could see it now :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.