main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Recent Events- members leaving

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by navaren, Oct 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    It has come to my attention that there are several people in the group who are a little confused by what is going on with Marna and her recent comments. If anyone wants the facts, please PM me for a response. I choose not to air everything here as I don't want to further embarrass Marna or her husband- which is also why I sent an email rather than making it a very embarrassing dismissal of them here in the forum.

2. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Not to be overly rude or anything, but this just makes it look like you're saying "I'll give everyone the scoop, but one at a time. That'll solve everything".

That's just how it sounds to me.

3. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    O.K. [face_plain]

As far as I'm concerned there is no "scoop" here. These type of matters should not be publicly displayed. Tiffany(Navaren) is doing an EXCELLENT job as our City Rep and has made a wise decision to not post such detials in this forum.

This fanclub is a place for people with similar interests to socialize, have fun, and serve the community. We want to demonstrate to the general public that Star Wars fans aren't just a bunch of geeks. In order to do this, we need to put aside our petty differences. If you have a problem with someone in this group, please take care of it privately and then put it behind you.

This local fanforce chapter was started in August 2001 and has grown since then. As such, I think it's time to become a bit more formal. I propose that additional officers be elected and bylaws drafted. Additional officers will help with the many responsibilities required to make this club a success. A published set of bylaws will clearly define the goals of the club and establish rules of civil conduct within.

Navaren? Your thoughts?

Anyone else?

We've had alot of fun together and made a difference in the community. Now let's take it to the next level. :)

4. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    "We want to demonstrate to the general public that Star Wars fans aren't just a bunch of geeks."

We're NOT? 8-}

I just wanted to lighten the mood a bit. I'm sorry if I stirred up something there, all I was trying to say is that how she worded it might have conveyed a diffrent message than she intended.

5. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    :) Tiffany does such a great job and if we have officers and such, I don't think it would be a bad idea, just that they have to be in touch with each other and more importantly with Tiffany.

6. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    If navaran would just let me know in a PM what it is we did to deserve to be booted, I'll let the whole thing drop. That's the thing. I don't understand this whole ordeal.

All I want is an explanation. I have calmed down about it and I am ready to hear the facts.

7. Jedi_Jase

Jedi_Jase Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    I agree with Tori and Handyman, and I think that Tiffany is doing a GREAT job. (Of course I'm her brother-in-law, so I kind of have a reason to, but I still think so.)

8. Jediloren

Jediloren Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2002
    I do not doubt you have been and are a good president for this club. I would like to know just what we did specifically to "discourage new membership" and diserve to be kicked out of the club. Your E-mail is a bit on the unclear side for me. You can E-mail or send me a private message about it if you like. I just would like to know.

9. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    For an activity, should we have a "Provo Fanforce Constitutional Convention?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.