main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion recent pictures of Mark Hamill...looking good.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by mglover92, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Ready for a SW movie as a Jedi Hero?

LOL, no, I don't think anyone is talking gymnastic flips; they can do that with special effects if needed. Just being reasonably in shape (Harrison Ford?); he is not playing someone's beloved chubby uncle in a family drama; he is a Jedi in SW movie.

Apparently a lot of people care, look at all of the threads; I get that you don't care, but different people have different priorities for what they like to see in movies and entertainment, and there is nothing wrong with that. I think it is a fair expectation, and don't think people are hating on him. He'll get paid for it, and it will be part of his life's legacy; not a bad deal even if it involves dropping a few pounds.

Humor is good for the soul; not good to be too uptight about things. Some get upset about the fat jokes in these threads, but the world has worse evils, I am cetain of it. When I took classes studying the ADA (part of what I do in my field), we were taught proper etiquette in not saying things that could be construed as demeaning or stereotypical to individuals with disabilities (Yoda was proportional BTW, making him nothing like a midget); your comment of calling a green alien a midget could be construed as such (just saying, we could all get uptight about something if we so choose, no one is perfect, sometimes we should just have a beer and laugh it off).

Episode Swag likes this.
  2. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    He is to mirror old Ben Kenobi in this one. Age? Check. Weight? Check again.

Graphic and Count Yubnub like this.
  3. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Wait, let me get this straight... are you people seriously saying that Mark needs to lose weight for a potential role in the ST?

Wow, the world is messed up.

JackG, BarkingFrog, V-2 and 7 others like this.
  4. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    Yes he does

5. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Darth Tyranus was more then 70 when he was jumping all over the place fighting with his lightsaber and no one had a problem with that.
    Fact is Mark is perfect now for the role. All powerful jedi grandmaster that is more porewful then any jedi before him will kick ass on the screen.
    BTW anyone remember Sidious in epi III ? cgi for sure most of it but still looked pretty awesome.

V-2 and Episode Swag like this.
  6. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Well in the OT documentary, it's said that Carrie had to lose 10 pounds. Not sure how relevant that is today in 2013 and with Mark, but this kind of reminds me of that.

Definitely hope he gets the gig, man I would love to see him reprise his role! But man it will be weird if they get Hayden back as force ghost Anakin. It would just be so strange to see Luke call Anakin "father" when Luke's physical form looks much older than Anakin's spiritual from. Now I'm not a hater of the removal of Sebastian Shaw from 6, but this would have been a good reason to keep him in there. So that possible future Luke and Anakin scenes wouldn't be so weird.

Graphic likes this.
  7. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I like to think good ol' Mark is doing this right now.

8. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    He looks his age. Which is awesome, because I hear Luke is the same age.

9. Vale Man

Vale Man Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    Ah yeah, but he looks like a very old guy who looks after himself.

10. Vale Man

Jan 24, 2013
    But that weight is far from healthy, especially at that age and when you are to be taken seriously portraying someone who trains warriors.

Lee_ likes this.
  11. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Oh, we know he's training warriors in this upcoming cinematic offering? Well, well. Where's the link to the script?

12. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Your never going to make a 50+ year old man look like he's 25 again. The fact Luke will be a mature and seasoned Jedi Knight will be in keeping with Hamill's age. He'll be fine. As will Carrie and Harrison.

Where you'd run into trouble would be if you tried to have them play the characters straight after ROTJ, but Lucasfilm/Lucas/Abrams wouldn't be that silly.

13. Vale Man

Jan 24, 2013
    So he'll just be sitting about twiddling his thumbs, I bet Mr Hamill can't wait to get his teeth ion to that role. So after defeating the Sith, instead of restoring the Jedi in some form, he spends the rest of his days on a lounger? Nice work if you can get it. I'm making an educated guess with the limited info we have been given so far.;)

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  14. Vale Man

Jan 24, 2013
    I don't think anyone wishes to make him look 25, just a healthy looking 50-60 year old man.

Graphic likes this.
  15. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I think he'll be fine if they go that route.

16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Thank you, not to mention it is hilariously contradictory to be saying we should focus on health and happiness and not weight; like HELLO, could there be a correlation between the two? Current research is showing that obesity is increasing as is lifespan for Americans, and what this is amounting to (this is reseach BTW, not my opinion) is people living longer, but in total misery because they suffer from debilitating medical conditions (DUE TO OBESITY) for an extended period of time before their deaths; living longer and more miserable lives.

Vale Man likes this.
  17. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well there might be a tad bit less pressure on hamill due to the fact that:
    a) He most likely wont be the lead action role. He might get like 1 action scene at most *you gotta save the big action scenes for the new cast. Sorry to the certain fanboys who want the original 3 to be the main heroes. Gotta make room for new generation*
    b)I'll be suprised if he survives the first film *you know what happens to jedi mentors these days*

Still he needs to get a bit in shape. Makeup, and costume design can hide the rest of the stuff.

Episode Swag likes this.
  18. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It's not as weird as you might think....my own father died when he was 35 - I'm 42 now. On second thought maybe it is weird, but to paraphrase Yoda, "that is the way of things".

Episode Swag likes this.
  19. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Pulling from Carrie's 'Letter to Leia' (edited - you can see the original at http://bullettmedia.com/article/character-study-carrie-fisher-makes-peace-with-princess-leia/)

I’ve spent almost two-thirds of my life walking galaxies in those ***ing white leather boots. I’ve even attempted to answer for your actions, to explain your possible motives for choices one of us failed to make. But while you will forever be remembered loitering in star-infested landscapes, existing endlessly in imaginations and onscreen, I putter noisily in that infamous closet of celebrity—expanding, wrinkling, stooping, and far too often, stupid with age. Here we are enacting our very own Dorian Gray configuration. You: smooth, certain, and straight-backed, forever condemned to the vast, enviable prison of intergalactic adventure. Me: struggling more and more with post-galactic stress disorder, bearing your scars, graying your eternally dark, ridiculous hair.

You always act the heroine; I snort the stuff in the feeble attempt to dim the glare of your intense, intergalactic antics. You take the glory; I give way to age. You: so physically well and well-meaning it makes me mentally ill—well, something does, anyway. While you fight the dark side with your light, white ways, I’m in the sarlacc pit, covered in Jabba’s vile body fluids. Will it ever end? It probably won’t, but I will. I’m pretty sure I will. My sequels will finally, blessedly stop, while yours will define and absorb an age.

Though you are condemed to reenact the same seven hours of adventures over a span of now almost four rowdy decades, at least you look good fighting evil. I look lived in. My amused and envious eyes peer out of a face bloated and evil with age. Wasn’t I supposed to remain happily captured in the amber of our projected image, fending off water-retention, weight, and wrinkles in the same way you fight for the glory of whatever the **** all that was about—a universe glowing with peace and fairness, Ewoks cavorting in their force-filled fields? Wasn’t I? C’mon—wasn’t I?

Now while Carrie's piece was a bit of the tongue in cheek self depreciation she's become famous for, as always, there is a grain of truth here... So many people want to see the gang unravaged by time - it scares us - makes us realize that we too are getting older, and wider, and wrinkley... and it depresses the hell out of us.

One day sooner rather than later, we're going to lose the first of them - Mark, Carrie, Harrison - George, and that will HURT hard as it'll be a subconscious reminder that none of us are immortal, and the Star Wars movies will long out live even us...

How's that for a depressing thought?

20. Vale Man

Jan 24, 2013
    Here in Scotland my 68 year old neighbour passes my window 3 days a week, on his way to go hill running.

V-2, Episode Swag and kataja like this.
  21. GarithTannis

GarithTannis Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2010
    Well this is America, buddy. Where life is so excited that even sitting on your couch can kill you. lol.

kataja likes this.
  22. Vale Man

Jan 24, 2013
    Hey we ain't perfect pal. We're home to the deep fried Mars bar remember.[face_laugh]

Jedi Merkurian , V-2 and GarithTannis like this.
  23. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Could he be hired as a fitness consultant for Hamill?

Vale Man likes this.
  24. MaeveSkywalker

MaeveSkywalker Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    I think he looks fine. After all he's supposed to age. I mean look at Yoda. He was green and wrinkly and he was a Master.

V-2 likes this.
  25. Vale Man

Jan 24, 2013
    Loads of older guys to triathlon's etc. Speed may go, but strength and stamina can be maintained.