main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion recent pictures of Mark Hamill...looking good.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by mglover92, Feb 1, 2013.

1. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013

I don't know the date of your photo above, but I imagine it's due to Ford's role in the upcoming "Paranoia," where he stars with a buzzcut:

[​IMG]
    It's a corporate espionage thriller that also stars Liam Hemsworth and Gary Oldman. Ford also has "42," the Jackie Robinson biopic, and of course "Ender's Game" coming out this year. Excluding 1997 ("Air Force One," "The Devil's Own" and The Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition ) this will be the first time since 1979 that we'll have at least 3 Ford pics in theaters during the same year!​
    Here's Ford at last month's Golden Globes:

[​IMG]

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    have people seen Tron:Legacy and Captain America? If they are currently to old to be visually acceptable they wil be cgi'd to the needed extent and it'll look pretty good.

Poor Greedo likes this.
  3. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Maybe Hamill's agent could negotiate a deal- if he gets in shape, they pay him the extra money that would have had to spend on costumes, makeup, and CGI in order to cover for his excess weight.

4. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    After seeing the look of Mark Hamill from pictures of his characters in the film Sushi Girl, I do have concerns about his possible appearance as Luke Skywalker in the new trilogy. While the features in his face remain those of an ''older Luke'' his shape is clearly not one of the Jedi Master. He will need to work on it and start the diet as soon as he sign the contract. Indeed, if they want the big three to appear in those films it would have to be in a story that take place about 30 years after ROTJ to be consistent with the age of the actors.

5. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012

Yeah, cuz, people never wear black jackets unless they are portraying Sith unless they are Luke who is the Jedi who wore black.........or... something....

Mark is only 5'5" or whatever, some painfully short height which makes you wonder why he didn't inherit a centimeter of his dad's height, but anywa, he needs to weigh about 150, which it what he weighed in SW.

6. Jedifirefly5

Sep 5, 2012
    I think they all should be pompous council members now. With lots of robes. Harrison can still be a cowboy, I like Cowboys VS Aliens. He's doing roles for his young son now and is much more laid back since being with Callista.

7. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    He's 5'9, not that painfully short. Carrie's 5'1. So apparently they both got their height from their mom. ;)

150 lbs would be underweight for his height, even at age 25.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  8. Jedifirefly5

Sep 5, 2012
    I believe he was 5'7" in his youth. and he was tiny. Look at his waist in Empire.

9. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Actually, 5'9" and 150 lbs is considered perfect, that is a BMI of about 22, right in the middle of normal range. He has smaller bones and a narrow frame, so he isn't the type that is too thick or stalky for the BMI chart.

10. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Oh, no comment on the bloody awful BMI index.

11. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    He looks cool with the beard. He should have one in the movie.

12. Poo-Do

Poo-Do Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2012
    It really does amaze me how people complain about his weight or the fact that *gasp* he aged! Oh my GOD, how could he do such a thing?!?!?! If the movieplays out where it's 20+ years since Episode VI, then naturally they would all be older. It fits, it works. Seeing an aged Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master, was something I had alllllways wanted to see on the screen. I didn't even LIKE the younger Luke all that much....my favorite version of him was in Jedi...by far.

Also, did I miss a memo that was passed around that said if you are over the age of 45, you aren't allowed to ever act again?

Bring on the older, wizened, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, i'm all for it.

KevinM1 likes this.
  13. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    It has its limitations for sure, but that looks to be a fairly accurate weight for Hamill. I was at 150 when I was 5'9" as a freshman in high school, and I had a similar build to a 20's Hamill at the time (he had a boyish figure).

14. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Guys I don't really think it's going to matter how fit they are or what they look like. The big 3 are going to be in it for like 10 mins then some new character gets thrown back I time to save the galaxy (it's called an Abrams time re-boot). So they'll recast the big 3 with younger actors - Bradley Cooper / Hans solo

15. Jedifirefly5

Sep 5, 2012

He's supposed to be a MASTER jedi. Like Qui Gon or even Ki Adi Mundi. In Olympian shape. LUKE is. So he has to be, it's not okay for him to be fat. Mighty warriors aren't fat. He should be like Pei Wei.

16. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    [face_rofl] [face_rofl] [face_rofl] Like Mount Olympus?

17. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    The film won't shoot till september at the earliest, and possibly later if the team aren't ready to go. That's more than enough time for everybody to get into shape.

18. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    Mark looks like Frank Caliendo.

[​IMG]

19. janstett

May 29, 2004
    JJ goes for in-camera. Then again...

[​IMG]

20. janstett

May 29, 2004
    Especially when it's Star Wars. It's always been multi-generational. Peter Cushing, Alec Guiness, Christopher Lee, all old farts.

21. janstett

May 29, 2004
    New Jedi Order, the rules are difference. Perhaps they value the mind over appearance.

Besides, Yoda had a pot belly.

22. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Very good point. And I'm not familiar with what they did in Captain America, but with Tron: Legacy that's what, 2009 technology.

That said, do you even need to go that route. In Tron: Legacy, Jeff Bridges was 60 or 61 and was a cool Kevin Flynn as "wise old sage." If they decide to have Luke Skywalker in Episode VII, Mark Hamill will be 62 or 63 and would be an incredibly cool Jedi Master.

Of course, I could see them using that technology for flashback scenes. Just grab Mark Hamill from Return of the Jedi and do whatever you want with it...

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    My point is that in Legacy they were able to make the very old Flynn look like a young Clu. In Captain America an face of a large man was placed on a pipsqueak's body and it looked real. If Hamil get's into costume and just looks too old for the timeline then they'll clean him up enough to be plausable.

LawJedi likes this.
  24. Feng Shui Engine

Feng Shui Engine Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    All Hamil needs is a beard and a thick, baggy jedi robe and he'll be fine.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  25. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Actually in Captain America, Chris Evans' body was digitally made 'wimpy' for the 'Skinny Steve' scenes.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/wimp-building-the-making-of-skinny-steve-in-captain-america