main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN recent toy runs

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lukesky27, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukesky27

lukesky27 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 23, 2004
    Danny Hall is his name. He had one Leia and I got one. Thanks for saving me the Stormtrooper.

Dennis

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Just at KB tonight and found some of the older Funskool Galtic Hero's. Picked up the Geonoises set with Anikin.Mace Windu and that Beast looking thing.
    $9.99

3. lukesky27

May 23, 2004
    Cool for you...did you check out the Legos that were all on sale? Good deals there at KB on Legos.

Dennis

4. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    TARGET IS STOCKED AGAIN!
    Just came from there and they have Wave 2 of TOT figures and the Anikin figure/glass.
    They have........

Leia Bespin ( NEW )
    Lobot ( NEW )
    Cloud Car Pilot ( NEW )
    R2-D2
    C-3PO
    Wickitt
    Obi-Wan
    Boba Fett
    Stormtrooper

I got most of them excepte Boba and Wickett since there are re-packs and I ran out of money!

Who would have thought ..9:30 on a Sunday Mourning.

Eric

5. lukesky27

May 23, 2004
    Nothing new in Greenwood.
    Super Target: NOTHING
    Meijer: NOTHING
    Toys R Us: OTC Falcon, X-Wing, TIE and DV TIE but no new figures.

Total waste of time.

6. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    You should have gone to our Target
    I spent $70 this mourning .

7. lukesky27

May 23, 2004
    I would have but we didn't get back to Bloomington until 6 and I had to get home to let the dogs out before they wet themselves. :D

8. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Target is sold out of the OTC that was there yesterday , But in its place they have put up a bunch of the OVT Han,Liea,Obi-Won Still no sign of Luke.
    Cant wait for the ESB & ROTJ wave.

9. lukesky27

May 23, 2004
    Well Target is absolutely bare. It is a ghost town by the STAR WARS toys today. I did see Sara working up front though. Sorry, I did not stop and say "HI", but you looked busy and I did not want to bother you.
    Kmart, KayBee, and Sam Goody were also bare bones.

I hardly ever walk into good stuff. Oh well, I guess that I do not need it.

Dennis

10. greedofan

greedofan Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    It did get a little crazy at Target today, and it's only going to get crazier with students moving back :) Sorry I missed you Dennis!

11. lukesky27

May 23, 2004
    Sara,
    it is like I said, I didn't want to bother you while you worked.

Hey everyone,

Wal Mart was the place tonight. They had the following OTC figures: Obi Wan-ANH, Leia Bespin, Lobot, Cloud Car Pilot and Stormtrooper. I bought one of each which gives me two Stormtroopers. If anyone is looking for one, let me know. I left a Lobot and Cloud Car Pilot for the next guy.

Dennis

12. Jedi_Bindo

Jedi_Bindo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2004
    If I were to start collecting figures what should I start with? Anything else I should know about the toy collecting side of Star Wars? Thanks all.

13. lukesky27

May 23, 2004
    Well, I am not the "Action Figure Advisor" or anything, but let me give you some advice. Collect what you think that you will like. I collect stuff from the original trilogy and not so much from the two newer films. I ignore a lot of those figures unless one really catches my eye as cool enough to owned by me.

If you like it, collect it. The VOTC are very unique items because they have a vintage looking cardback that recalls the good old days of 1978 through 1985 when the original trilogy toys were out. They are a good jumping off point because of that.

Another thing that you could do is collect the particular characters that you like from the movies. Like you could collect all imperial guys or "bad" guys like the bounty hunters. That is something that a lot of people do.

Now, the crazy people try to buy every figure that is being made. That could to lead to not only empty pockets, but high levels of frustration trying to find all of the figures. But, people, like my dentist, do just that. He loves the challenge of finding that figure that no one else can find. I am not sure when he has time, but he manages.

Just my two cents,
    Good luck
    Dennis

14. DZ-437

DZ-437 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2003
    Hey Dennis, how's the card on that extra stormtrooper? I'll take it if it's not beat up too bad.

15. lukesky27

May 23, 2004
    It has a crease on the lower right hand corner. It is about 1 inch long. But, other than that, It looks pretty good.

Dennis

16. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Rebel Scum is reporting that TRU in Greenwood got in a case of ESB Original vintage trilogy figures. So keep a look out for them starting now.

17. lukesky27

May 23, 2004
    new stuff does not last at that Toys r Us. I would imagine that it was found and gone in the same 5 minutes. [face_dancing]

Dennis

18. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    UPDATE

The UBER cool guy that knows NOTHING about toys, BUT WORKS in the toy dept , Told me Wal-Mart will not get any more SW figures in until Christmas ( unless the wear house sends them by mistake ) Because ..And get this.. They want to spend more time and space for SPiderman and LOTR CRAP ( Sorry Sara )!!!

I say WE BOYCOTT WAL-MART !!
    Who's with me??????

GO TARGET!!!!!!!!!

19. lukesky27

May 23, 2004
    I was in target last night...they had 3 ObiWan VOTC figures and the following Unleashed:

ObiWan
    Chewbacca
    Luke X Wing
    Red Clonetrooper

If you are still needing any of these...you better get there quick.

Dennis
    [face_coffee]

Wal-Mart seems to be the root of all evil in our club.
    ]-}

20. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Too late at Target for the Unleashed. Although they had a hole case of OTC there with only one Boba Fett ( which I got). John & I are heading back out there in a few Min's. And they had The Leia w/Glass marked down to #7.99
    Oh & B&N did get the new issue of LEE'S Guide in and its VERY good this month with a huge emphasis on SW.

Good luck Bounty Hunters!
    [face_alien]

21. lukesky27

May 23, 2004
    Dang it, I always miss everything. I did make it into Target today and it looks like they put out a fresh case of OTC. I got the Greedo, C-3PO, R2-D2, Vader-ROTJ, Yoda and Han Solo. Pretty cool figures.

Dennis

I went into Borders to get the new Lee's and they did not have it. CRAP! I didn't feel like stopping at BandN. I will get it sometime else.

D.

]-}

22. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    John & I went on a toy run last night around I-465 and the surrounding SR's.
    We hit 2 Mijer's 2 TRU & 4 Target's. John found 4 OTC figure's he did not have and the only thing I found were Booster Pack's of TCG and a AOTC STARTER SET at TRU for a whooping $1.98 !!
    So Brad & Austin I have a good amount of cards building up. I found 5 packs of "Hero's & Villains" 3 packs of ESB and 2 pack's of TPM. Target had each of them at $3.69 a pack.
    Funny thing about the hole toy run last night is we found more "THOMAS THE TRAIN " for Sam ( my 3 year old ) then anything else.

[face_laugh]

23. Jedi_Bindo

Jedi_Bindo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2004
    Which Target did you fin those cards at? I need to rebuild my collection.

24. lukesky27

May 23, 2004
    I assume that you went to the Greenwood Toys R US, Target and Meijers?? They never have a lot at those stores for some reason. There must be a lot of collectors around that area.

Dennis

Heading to Greenwood in half an hour.

[face_dancing]

25. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Went to Green wood Target , A target about 8 miles North east of greenwood just off I-65 and one up on Washington Street.Washington had the most booster packs ,but the Greenwood store had some too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.