main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Recently Unbanned Users Support Thread (R.U.U.S.T.)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Aug 19, 2016.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I don't need support, thanks.

[​IMG]

2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Ahh, the Wise Wars. Those were fun.

3. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Banning Cor and dp.
    What is this world coming to?

Am I next?

4. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Well dp I can understand. :p

How did dp get banned? Was it another "HEY GUYZ! Mesa Back and I feel Left Out So I make My reentry as visible as possible" return and was so annoying someone banned him just because? :p

5. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Aww, dp, don't you wanna cuddle with the rest of RUUST (pretty much just me) under a dozen home-knitted blankets with two buckets of ice cream and root beer cans with little straws sticking out? :(

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    No.

//kicks Cor's puppy...

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Willing to bet I one of the people opposed had a username that started with S and ended in trilo?

8. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004

[​IMG]

9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    We were on opposite sides of everything ever. Except for the WTF debate. We were in agreement on that and let me just say we made a ******* kickass team. I brought the logic and the wit, he brought the withering disdain and the anger and we ******* owned the **** out of everyone. Wish we'd been in sync more often. It was like Batman & the Joker teaming up to beat Lex Luthor or something.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i got banned for being awesome around the wrong people, as per

11. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    You get in trouble for being awesome around the wrong people a lot. Remember that Jack Chick icon?

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  12. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    remember like a week ago when jello closed an entirely TOS-compliant, original, properly tagged thread i worked really hard on for no reason and didnt even bother pretending that there was a reason? it aint easy being a mod least-favorite

Boba Nekhbet likes this.
  13. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I think you've weathered the hardest part, when MS was just waiting for one wrong move so they could permaban you. I remember, because I was one of them

14. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

luv you too, punkin' [face_love]

Rogue1-and-a-half and SuperWatto like this.
  15. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    The term is "pumpkin" as in the fruit. No one has ever used "punk" as a term of endearment.

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    people remember the "somethingfamiliar the most underrated" line, but never the preceding line, "rogue ten is probably the most hated".

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  17. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    With him we're all mod least favorites.

18. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

its cuter if you pronounce it that way. the alternative was just posting this video:

and then asking superwatto how it feels to look back on what a monster he became under the corrupting influence of mod powers

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Any time anything that would have worked for the users and required the mods to be accountable, he'd be protesting against it. I'm unsurprised that working for the good of the forums had him in opposition to you, completely. Existed purely to be a terrible petty slumlord in ModSquad. Wretched human being.

20. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    speaking of mod accountability, i think mods should wear bodycams when on duty for transparency. so we can see that, like, maybe that bag of cheetoes they downed just before banning so-and-so may have influenced their state of mind

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    If he were police, I guarantee you that mod would have opposed measures like anti-bribery and corruption laws, and body cameras.

22. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

i mean, a lot of mods would

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    R10 I feel like you're blocking my contempt for one self-serving mod here. :(

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  24. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Every mod is self-serving.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  25. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

i mean yeah there are certain people that are even less tempermentally suited to mod powers than others. but they get them anyways because it is, (perhaps unavoidably due to the low stakes involved), a popularity contest rather than any real type of vetting (remember when they made slg a mod for like 10 minutes? lmao)

but the overall institution is (again probably unavoidably due to the ceiling on Care involved) a good old boys club of posting

Sarge likes this.