main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Reception Following: Weapons checked at the door" - A Completed Round Robin

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by RebelMom, Aug 19, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    *Caving in to popular request from my last thread, I agreed to start Luke and Mara's reception. Union didn't show anything from the reception other than some dancing. There are plenty of opportunities for frolicking, dancing, scintillation, druken rogues, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. I'll start off and then someone else will add. I mean it is a round robin so someone else will have to add. So start thinking.*

RECEPTION FOLLOWING: WEAPONS CHECKED AT THE DOOR

"You may kiss the bride."

"I present to you, the Skywalkers."

Though their faces revealed little, Luke and Mara were giddy. They bounced thoughts back and forth to each other at the speed of a deflecting lightsaber. 'Glad that is over.' 'It's real.' 'I've never been happier.' 'Let's jump out of here.' 'Sorry, we have to stay.' 'Why?' 'It's our party.' 'Stop being so practical.' 'Stang, this is a long walk.' 'Was longer coming in.' 'Yeah'

They reached the end of the gardens after what seemed like an eternity. Luke was sorely tempted to keep walking, and disappear into the city. Mara whispered, "Luke, we can't leave yet. The room won't be ready until later."

Luke sighed heavily. "Sith. Alright, let's go."

Annoyed, Mara stopped. "Problem, Skywalker?"

Luke smiled reassuringly at her. "It's just that I want to be alone with you."

She tapped her foot slowly. "And?"

"I hate receiving lines. I feel like an automaton and my jaw gets sore keeping a smile on it for hours."

She shook her head and grinned. "You'll survive."

From behind, Luke could hear a cough followed by a nudge in his back. "Let's get this moving, Kid. I want to get the reprisal?er receiving line over and done with as soon as possible."

"See. Even Han hates them."

Leia hissed. "Luke, Han hates everything formal. Stop stalling and get moving."

Luke could hear more muttering from behind. "Fire up the thrusters and get it moving Boss. I don't want to be vaped by the rather large crowd still waiting to be excused."

Luke shrugged. "Okay, Okay. We're going." He smiled at Mara. "Ready, Mrs. Skywalker?"

Mara smiled. " As I'll ever be, Mr. Skywalker."

**okay, next**

2. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Yay, first to reply! Cool! I might have to add on to this! And, I have a question about one of the quotes:

"Fire up the thrusters and get it moving Boss. I don't want to be vaped by the rather large crowd still waiting to be excused."

Was that Wedge? LOL!

3. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    That was my weak attempt at a Wedge quote. I'm not much of a Rogue writer. Hope somebody out there is *hint*

4. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    Oh no, don't tell me you fingered me for the Rouge writer? I can't do comedy. Well, I'm going to be doing a lot with the Rouges in my next fanfic, so I guess I need to learn.

5. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    haha, sounds good so far. it sounds like REAL dialouge, not the oft-hokey stuff like has been written in the past (some of the NJO scenes lose a lot due to bad inter mara-luke dialouge. "love" referring to each other is overused).

i like the feel of it! keep it UP!

-----------
    NJO: Eyes of the Empire

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=673408
    -----------

6. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Don't worry womp rat. I wasn't fingering you. But if you want...

The possibilities here are endless. Think about who is here: New Republic dignitaries, senators, jedi, rogues, smugglers. Receiving line, cake, the toast, presents, dancing, punch.

I did my part. Somebody needs to add to the story before I add any more.

7. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    oh this is good, mind if i add a bit?

Luke and Mara walked hand in hand towards the line beginning to form at the back of the gardens. Both faultered just a bit when they saw who was the first to be recieved.

?Of all the--?

?Han!? Leia hissed, quieting him?for the moment.

?Congratulations to you both,? President Fey?lya inclined his head to the newly married couple, shaking both of their outstreached hands.

?Thank you,? Luke responded, trying to keep his voice relaxed.

?And now that this is over, you will attend to more pressing matters?? Fey?lya questioned innocently enough.

Mara was taken aback, but quickly recovered, bringing her right fist up to throw a low punch?

?Perhaps,? Luke replied steadily, putting his arm around Mara?s back to grab her right arm. ?But we still have a honeymoon to enjoy.?

?Oh,? the President smiled bitter sweetly, ?I never understood why humans--?

?Fey?lya, it?s so good to see you again,? Leia interrupted, glancing at Luke and Mara to see a relieved smile on his face, and fury on her?s.

?Yes, it is,? he answered, ?Ever since you gave up your position in the government...?

Luke tuned out Fey?lya?s annoying voice and turned to the next guest, conversing with Mara as he thanked them for coming.

[You be nice.]

[You should?ve let me at him.]

was that good?i hope so...next!

8. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    that was really funny!

9. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Boy, I'm glad that I decided to get on the Internet this afternoon. I didn't use it at all yesterday...because my 11-month old niece is staying with us for a few days and we were invited to my brother's in-laws to watch him and my new sister-in-law open gifts.

I like the story so far.

10. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Nice addition Vergere. Isn't this fun?

Okay, let's get another addition. Who's next?

11. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    I would go, but I'm working on my new story.

Great adition Vergere! Roflol!

12. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Hehe mesa liken this!! I'd add something if I could figure out what!

13. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    awwwwwwwww, SOMEONE add something--please?

14. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    *sigh* I'll work on something for later.

15. Leia Walker

Leia Walker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2000
    Yea you started it. I would have got on yesterday and helped when you started it like I promiced but my stupid brother messed up the computer and took up all night to fix it. If you still want my help on it just post that you want help still and I'll help you out.

16. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Yes Leia Walker you can help. I'm going to finish the receiving line and then it is open for whatever you wish to write. Should have something ready within the next hour or so.

17. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Lando came up and shook Luke's hand. "Congratulations Luke my man. It's about time."

Luke grasped Lando's forearm and returned the greeting. "Better late than never."

Lando smiled at Mara. He held out his arms in preparation for a hug. Mara glared at him, then relented with a smile. "Okay. Just this once Calrissian."

He enveloped her in a tight hug, which lasted a little too long. He didn't let go. Annoyed, Mara kneed him and he released his hold. Luke covered his mouth to hide his amusement. Lando squeaked. "See you later." And then he went down the line.

Across the room, two uninvited guests watched the bride and groom, their presence unnoticed by anyone, including the Jedi. Anakin Skywalker smiled as his son greeted the never-ending throng of well wishers. "He's gotten quite good at holding that plastered smile on his face. Gets that from his mother."

Obi-Wan Kenobi nodded in agreement. "He has matured immensely in the last twenty years. But he still gets that innocent farmboy look when he sees Mara."

Anakin sighed, "I'm so happy that he found someone to share his life with. That they both have. If only I hadn't been such a fool"

Obi-Wan patted Anakin's shoulder. "You can't wallow in the past. You and Amidala left a legacy for the future."

Anakin smiled at the mention of Amidala. "I wish she could see this."

Obi-Wan stated. "Tell her. It will have to suffice."

Luke was shifting his weight. Anakin could sense his boredom and tiredness. Mara's smile was limp. Soon she would be frowning. Anakin decided that they needed a reprieve. He reached out touched a young woman with a holovid recorder. His hand went through her but she stood as one hypnotized. He waved his hand in front of her face. Blinking and shaking her head, she strolled purposefully towards the receiving line. She stopped directly in front of Luke. "Master Skywalker. I'm Linda Eastman, the official holographer. If you and Mrs. Skywalker will accompany me to the cake table we can get some holographs out of the way."

Relief flooded both Luke and Mara's features. "Gladly" they said in unison.

Han tried to follow but he was held back by Leia. "Sorry, flyboy. Not you. Keep smiling. Here comes Bennie."

Han's face fell. Anakin was enjoying every minute of it. He turned to Obi-Wan. "I know they're married and have given me grandchildren but I never liked the way he looked at her when I was alive."

Obi-Wan chuckled as he and Anakin disappeared.

*next*

18. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    I like the Anakin/Obi-Wan interaction...is that a word?

19. Leia Walker

Leia Walker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2000
    Oh that was funny! I really liked when Mara kneed Lando since Mara is one of the best charchters and Lando is a arse. I also liked Anakin talking about mastering the plastered on smile. If the recieving line is done I'll go. Tell me if it is.

20. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Yep. Got Luke and Mara out of the line with the holovid lady. With the bride and groom gone the line will disintegrate.

Go for it Leia.

BTW: I'm saving all the additions to the story. When it is finished, I'll do a little editing to polish it. All your names will be one it and if it is okay with all involved in the writing, I'll post it somewhere (I should know where sometime in the future)

21. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    yessssssssss, im gonna have my name on it! yay! and that last part was GREAT! i loved what anakin said at the very end...hahaha!

ok im done laughing now. More, please! isn't leia up nesxt?

22. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    Great addition RebelMom! I always wondered what Obi-wan would think about Luke's marrige to Mara! Specially since that wrench you threw in with Mirror Manifest!

Ok, I guess after Leia Walker goes, I'll go. Time to get some of those crazy Rogues in there!

23. LukesGirl

LukesGirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2000
    I love this!! Maybe I'll add on to it later when I have time.

24. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    yeah yeah, bring in the rogues to spice up the party!

25. Opie Wan Cannoli

Opie Wan Cannoli Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 1999
    Outside, in the parking lot, Wes Janson and Hobbie Klivian went over their checklist.
    "Cans?", Wes asked.
    "Check." Hobbie pulled five (count 'em, 5!) plastic grocery bags full of empty cans out of the trunk of his speeder.
    "Sithspit, Hobbie, how much do you eat!?" Wes exclaimed before turning back to the list, "Shaving cream?"
    "Check." Hobbie pulled out another grocery bag with about 15 cans of shaving cream in it.
    "Emperor's Black Bones! Luke drives a skyhopper, not a Star Destroyer!"
    "Wait'll you see the 'fresher paper, Wes. You know those 20-roll value packs?"
    "Uhh..do I want to know?"
    Hobbie walked over to, and opened, the rear passenger door of his speeder. On the back seat were six of those 20-roll value packs, all colored a delicate pink.
    "Hobb-bie! That's a HUNDRED AND TWENTY rolls of 'fresher paper! We won't be able to fit it all on Luke's speeder, even if we just stick the rolls, whole, into the shaving cream!"
    "When I do something, I like to do it right."

Fifteen minutes later, Luke's little, bottle green T-35 Skyhopper was covered in pink 'fresher paper and shaving cream, with three strings of tin cans behind and a huge "Just Married" sign duct taped to the back bumper.
    Wes and Hobbie strutted into the hall, and, among the rarest artifacts and costliest fineries a 5000-year-old, galaxy-spanning, multispecies culture can produce, placed their wedding gifts; two 20-roll packs each of Bornaryn Xtra-Valu Pink Refresher Tissue, wrapped in more TP, taped shut with duct tape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.