main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RECLAMATION- Official Release

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ResisterOfEvil, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ResisterOfEvil

ResisterOfEvil Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2007

We just finished our new lightsaber movie and I though you all might like to see it, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdb9kZRg2Ug

2. burkevader

burkevader Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2008
    You've been kind enough to comment on my films so I thought I would return the favor...checked it out and was really pleasantly surprised.....I can tell how much friggin work went into that! EXCELLENT FX.....especially liked the head chop off and the choreography overall was well well done!...pretty decent acting too...well written idea....CONGRATS ON A GREAT JOB OVERALL MY FRIEND! I liked the church setting as well.

Subscribed and liked on youtube too ;)

SIncerely, BurkeVader

3. DarkSapiens

DarkSapiens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2005
    Wow, this was really good :)

I was impressed by the acting and cinematography, very good work on that, guys. Not to mention the script, it's a good story and very well executed, really worth the 30 minutes =D=

And if you want some constructive criticism, here are the only two little things that I think could be better:
    First, near the beginning of the film (around minute 4:10), when the bad guy is giving the monologue after offering the orb, it really looks like the actor looks at the opponent but then the eyes turn to one side to read the script to continue talking (was he?). If not by learning it better (it's long), maybe this could be solved by looking at the words the whole time instead at the opponent's face (which we don't see in the frame anyway).
    The second thing would involve your lightsaber skills, maybe there's room for improvement there. But mind that I'm just saying you don't reach the level of Ryan Wieber, so I'm being very nitpicky here ;)

As you can see, those are just minor issues, I really enjoyed the film.

Congratulations!

4. ResisterOfEvil

Oct 29, 2007
    Hey DarkSapiens, thanks for the complement and the criticism. I appreciate you giving both. Your two points are well taken, but believe it or not, the actor with the orb recited the whole monologue from memory, no one was holding a script for him. I think the reason he kept moving his eyes (which you are correct in criticizing) is because he was struggling for recall! He is also used to stage acting (if you couldn?t tell) which may have had something to do with it. Thanks for the comment!

5. DarkSapiens

Oct 2, 2005
    Oh yes, he definitely looked like he had previous experience :) In fact, I wondered if you all did, because the acting was so good.

And now that I know he wasn't reading anything, it's even more impressive. Thanks for telling!

So? do you guys have any other short film in the works? ;)

6. ResisterOfEvil

Oct 29, 2007
    I think the next film we make is going to be a zombie film, but ?The Savior? will be directing that one rather than me. I don?t expect it to be out for more than a year though. Thanks for the support!

7. DarkSapiens

Oct 2, 2005
    Haha, fair enough :p

BTW, which character were you in this film, if you were any?

8. ResisterOfEvil

Oct 29, 2007
    One nice thing about this film is that I was not in it, I only had a cameo. It made directing SO much easier. I?m the soldier who gets shot at the top of the mountain at the end.

9. burkevader

burkevader Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2008
    Resister...that is exactly the point I am at...would rather just DIRECT than act....currently we are filming a first person shooter movie across 4 genres and I am just filming....makes life so much more focused and easy.

Props again for an AWESOME FILM.

10. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    WOW! :eek: Excellent work! The acting and dialogue were very good, as was the story. The fight choreography was VERY good as well. It's been a long time since something's had me on the edge of my seat, but this accomplished that quite easily. =D=

Quick question: was everything hand-held?

11. ResisterOfEvil

Oct 29, 2007
    Glad you liked it so much!
    Answer: No. Most of the special FX shots were done on a tripod and I added the motion in Adobe Pr. Glad it looked convincing enough! The shots that did not have FX were mostly done with a home made steady cam, which you can see reflected in the orb during the first dialogue scene if you look closely. Thanks for watching!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.