Before Recognition (a sequal to Ressurection)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SUGARBANTJINN, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. SUGARBANTJINN Jedi Master

star 4
    Recognition
    Author: SugarBant Jinn (2-10-07)
    Category/Genre: drama, AU
    Summary: 9 years after Resurrection, Qui-Gon thinks about Obi-Wan and what the boy means to him. He has a flashback of 9 years ago, of a small boy that reminds him remarkably of his Padawan?
    Rating: G

The Jedi Master silently slipped into the ship quarters that he was sharing with his young Padawan, careful not to waken the sleeping teen. He had left Obi-Wan about an hour ago to speak with the captain, while the boy studied the data files that the Council had provided for the mission.

Qui-Gon gave a silent, one-note chuckle as he took in the scene before him: sitting on his bunk with his back braced against the wall, lighted datapad in his lap, the boys? head lolled to one side, and he had one hand lying limply at his side, while the other retained a slackened grip on the ?pad.

Carefully, the master eased the datapad from his apprentices? hand, and gently laid him down on the bunk. He would let him sleep a little while. He knew Obi-Wan was tired. He?d spent most of the day in one of the training arenas?, practicing against droids, or whoever would spar with him. Having received their mission from the Council, Qui-Gon found his Padawan still in the training hall, vigorously sparring with his friend, Garen, while Bant and Reeft watched and called out encouragement to the pair. Qui-Gon had stood at the entrance and watched the two boys duel, not wanting to interrupt. Garen turned out to be the victor, but he had been proud of Obi-Wan, nonetheless. His Padawan had been a gracious loser, and learned a lesson from the bout.

From the training hall, they?d gone straight to their quarters to pack, and Qui-Gon gave a review of the mission ahead. As soon as they were packed, they had to catch their transport. No wonder the boy was tired!

Qui-Gon sat on his own bunk, on the opposite wall of the small room from Obi-Wan, and looked down at what the boy had been reading. However, he could not keep his mind on the text before him. The Jedi Master leaned his back against the wall as his gaze wandered back to the 15-year-old. He?d been training the young man for scarce more than 2 years, yet the bond between the man and boy was strong.

He had been against training the boy in the beginning, but little by little, Obi-Wan Kenobi had worked his way into the older mans? heart. Pure and trusting, honest and hungry to learn the ways of the Force, the Master had come to think of him as the son he?d never had. Even more so than his predecessor, Xanatos.

The pain he expected to come from the memory of his second apprentice was not as biting as he recalled. He still remembered the pain and grief, but he was a bit more passive. While he still knew acutely how it felt to have lost someone so precious, he didn?t let it stir his emotions as much in the present. He was still struggling with the guilt of failure, but it was getting easier. He had willingly turned a blind eye to Xanatos? faults, sure that the boy would soon outgrow them.

//You will go through troubles and trials for Me, beloved, but always remember; trust Me that I will work it towards the good I have planned.\\

Obi-Wan had his faults as well, to be sure, but he learned from his mistakes and accepted whatever discipline his master gave. And he never made the same mistake twice. What a far cry from Xanatos was Obi-Wan! ?He?s a faithful child! Surely he will never turn? I could never go through that again!- Loneliness was bad enough, but coupled with the grief of betrayal, it was a devastating thing.

Some thought the big Jedi to be a loner; a maverick, happy in his solitude. He was quiet, stern, and a rather private man by nature, and two years ago, he would have agreed with them. But then he met Obi-Wan. He had come to take his constant presence for granted, come to delight in his eagerness to learn. He was glad the boy would be under his tutelage for several years to come. He wouldn?t have to think about life without his Padawan for a time. H
  2. Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I knew it! The little boy WAS Obi-Wan! [face_dancing]

Oh, that was so sweet. [face_love] Obi-Wan taught Gui-Gon a lesson before thye even knew each other. What a fascinating way for a Master/Padawan relationship to begin! It started off with the student teaching the teacher.

You haven't left me down yet, sugarbantjinn. Another brilliant little viggie. Hope to see more from you soon! =D=
  3. SUGARBANTJINN Jedi Master

star 4
    thankyou again, Meredith_Kenobi, for continuing to be a faithful reader of my fanfics! I was kind of iffy about posting this one because, at least to me, it has a rather un-finished taste to it, but you have reassured me!

4. silverfighter Force Ghost

star 4
    Yaay, Bant! This was really cool, how Qui-Gon figured out the connection! :D And beautifully written, I might add. ;)

~Silverfighter

5. SUGARBANTJINN Jedi Master

star 4
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.