main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Recognition (Missing scene from LOTF: FURY)- Jag/Jaina- Angst, Hurt/Comfort- Mutli-post COMPLETE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CelseteAntola, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Title: Recognition
    Author: CelesteAntola
    Timeframe: Legacy of the Force- Fury
    Genre: Angst, Hurt/Comfort
    Characters: Jagged Fel and Jaina Solo
    Summary: A multi-post missing scene from Fury. Basically Jag's escape from the asteroid and his transfer to the Falcon on Bimmiel.
    Disclaimer: I don't own Star Wars or any characters.
    Note: Some of the dialogue is from Fury, by Aaron Allston, Pages 251-252, 255-256, paperback edition.

I would also like to shout out to my awesome beta, THE_PIED_PIPER, for a wonderful job! I haven't written fanfiction or anything Star Wars in a very long time, and she really helped me to find my voice again.

Thanks, Kick! [:D]

And now, without further ado...

---

Jag knew he was not suddenly sensitive in the Force, that he could not read her thoughts. But there they were, imprinted on his mind. Remember us. Remember us as we used to be, before the universe turned against us. Young, beautiful, strong, brave, admirable, loved, loving...

He nodded. I will.

The pain and fear in her expression eased.

Jag squeezed.

-Fury, Aaron Allston, Page 251

Anguish filled every fiber of Jagged Fel's being.

The near unbearable pain had been easier for him to hold at bay when he had had a purpose to fulfill. He had pushed it out of his thoughts and kept his concentration on the task at hand. The pain had even helped him to keep his senses sharp, even becoming a useful tool against Alema Rar.

But now that his adrenaline was subsiding, the pain ceased being an asset, leaving him disoriented and nearly incapacitated. Black spots obscured his vision, and his surroundings seemed to swim before his eyes. He shook his head and instantly regretted it. The pain started to get worse, his body screaming at him to rest, but Jag knew that he couldn't... he had to keep moving.

The blasts that shook the asteroid were getting closer together and growing in intensity. He desperately sought out the opening that would lead him back to the surface, and wondered if he would reach it in time.

Jag had completed his mission, years of planning and training finally fulfilled. Alema Rar was dead and his family's honor was restored, leaving him a free man. Yet, the sense of accomplishment he had expected to feel evaded him, making him wonder what his life would be like, if he did manage to survive.

Another violent explosion jarred his thoughts back to his perilous situation. He looked up and, much to his relief, could see the opening. He just had to reach the surface and get to his X-Wing.

And that would be a hell of a task.

He cursed, asking himself why every piece of matter on this kriffing rock had to gravitate towards him. Debris rained down, causing the metal track that he was following to shake violently. The vibrations made it come apart; becoming a hundred more pieces of junk he had to dodge. And however adept Fel's evasive maneuvers were... he couldn't miss everything.

A blinking red light in his helmet's HUD made him aware of another complication, a groan escaping him. The fuel in his jet-pack was becoming dangerously low. He only had a few minutes before it ran out- leaving him to die here with Alema.

In the end, all she had wanted was to be remembered the way she once was. Her words had struck a chord, forcing Jag to think about who would remember him, if he were to die here as well.

He knew Jaina would remember him. But how she would remember him, was a variable that tormented him. Over the last several years, their relationship had been turbulent at best. The episode at Tenupe two years prior had been a huge stumbling block for them both. And then, only days ago he had torn into her on Kashyyyk, a deed he still had doubts about.

He had only wanted to reach Jaina, and, in her current mind set, he had been unable find another way to do it without making her look at some hard truths about herself... even if it hurt her.

Jag

2. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 5, 2009
    CelseteAntola, You weaved a wonderful missing scene. I wondered what had happened to Jag after he killed Alema.

i loved his thoughts on Jaina, knowing that she would remember him, but what she would recall of him driving him crazy.

keep it up.

Could you PM me when you post the next post?

3. Trickster-Lead

Trickster-Lead Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2007
    Beautiful... will keep an eye out for your next part. Loved it.

4. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    =D= Beautiful job!! Loved Jag's POV, you did a great job capturing both Jag's & Jaina's feelings & thoughts for each other.

Would love to see this continued with more missing scene's.

Please PM me if (hopefully, when)[face_praying] you do more.

5. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    I can't believe Kick didn't tell me about this little gem.... [face_plain]

[face_laugh]

This was fantastic. =D= I've always wondered what happened to Jag before he managed to drag his broken self back to his Xwing. I'm not sure anyone has done this... [face_thinking] But I don't think it could be done better.

Very nice work.

I'd love a PM when you update.

Can't wait for more.

CJM

6. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    This was very good, my dear. :)

The escape from the asteroid made for a great missing scene from one of my all time favorite Star Wars book. You set good tone and pacing and combined it with great description and very believable thoughts from both Jag and Jaina's POV.

Great work and thanks for sharing with us and it was my pleasure to help work on it. [:D]

I can't wait for the rest. :)

7. carr3107

carr3107 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2008
    I love missing moments stories, and you've picked a good one. I'm really looking forward to seeing where you're going with this.

8. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Welcome and thanks for reading!! It seemed very Jag-like for him to be upset by the variables. Jag's such a put together character, and he likes everything in it's proper place, so I could totally see him wanting to have closure.

I'll most certainly put you on the list!! :)

[face_blush] Thanks for reading!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks! I wanted to get into their heads, seeing how Fury didn't do enough with them. Jag certainly got a lot of 'screen time,' but not much of it was from his POV.

There will most definitely be more, and I'll add you to the list!

[face_blush] Thanks! I'll definitely add you to the list!

Thanks, Kick! I couldn't have done it without you! [:D]

How cool is it that Fury is on both of our favorites list?

As for the rest... I believe you'll find a nice little morsel in your inbox... [face_mischief]

Thank you for reading! I'm glad you liked it!

More is on it's way, everyone. The first half is at the beta's, and I'm going to try and finish up the second half before the end of the weekend. I'm not sure how plausible my goal is, since I'm travelling to Boston for the American Idol auditions, but I'm going to try. So, I'm thinking we may see the next post by the end of next week (hopefully.)

For organization's sake, this is the PM list so far:

Jaya_Jag_Ben
    Kailene
    canadianjedimama

If there's anyone else who'd like to be PM'd just let me know!

Thanks again for reading!!

~Celeste

9. melino

melino Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2008
    Great scene! Very well written and very emotional. Good work! Please add me to the PM list!

10. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Melino- Thanks and welcome!! :) I'll most certainly add you to the list!

Ok, everyone! The post is at the beta. It took me a bit longer to finish it up than I thought it would, so it'll probably take a few days longer to get it up than I anticipated. In any case, thank you all for reading and for the wonderful feedback!

~Celeste

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hello, :)

The quote from Jag in your siggy drew me into your profile where i found the link. The mention of Piper in your A/N--I knew this would be stellar, and it is. =D= Woot!!! I'd adore PMs please when you update? :D :D

12. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Thanks, Jade_eyes!!

The scene where Jag says that is one of my favorite SW EU moments.

I'll be sure to add you to the list.

PM List-

Jaya_Jag_Ben
    Kailene
    canadianjedimama
    Melino
    Jade_eyes

The next post is in the hands of my trusty beta, so you should be hearing about an update soon! :)

~Celeste

13. EmperorFel

EmperorFel Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2009
    Celeste, my good friend, where has this little story been hiding (on the Beyond the Saga Board, no doubt :p)

It was very good, my dear fellow, and I shall eagerly await the next post.

How many posts do you predict in this story?

14. JordanCHFel

JordanCHFel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2009
    Can I be put on the PM list???

15. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Welcome, EmperorFel and JordanCHFel!!! I'm glad you both enjoyed it! :)

To answer Fel's question, there will definitely be another post after this one, possibly even two.... we'll see how my muse is feeling. ;)

Just a quick note before we get started- Some of the dialogue is from Legacy of the Force: Fury by Aaron Allston, Pages 257-258, paperback edition.

And now, the post...

~Celeste

----

Jag regained consciousness moments later. He had expected to find himself falling through the darkness, but was pleasantly surprised. He was hanging on the rock wall only feet from the access hatch, his crushgaunts caught in the stone.

Jag reached up with his left arm and grabbed hold of a piece of rock. He ignored the pain that exploded in his arm and pushed his discomfort aside once again. He had made it this far, and he wasn't about to give up now.

Fel climbed the asperous rock wall until he was able to push himself through the hole. He stood slowly, wrapping an arm around his bruised and battered abdomen. His beskar armor could do nothing to insulate him from the painful shifting of his broken ribs, his increasingly shallow breathing making it worse.

Jag glanced around him and was dismayed to find that his X-wing was nowhere in sight. He was stranded on a swiftly disintegrating asteroid with no hope of rescue. His abused body collapsed to the ground, it's rocky surface oscillating beneath him.

Despair washed over him, ragged sobs wracking his abdomen. Both his body and spirit were broken, his resiliency ebbing. He despondently resigned himself to the fact that he wasn't going to escape.

Regret assaulted Jag next, his spirit blanching under its crushing weight. An ache unlike any other laced through his heart, breaching the very core of his existence. He regretted that he would never have the chance to tell Jaina that he had finally put aside the anger and bitterness that had tainted him for so long. He rued the fact that she would never know that she had helped him to bury those demons. Jaina would never know how she had helped to reshape him, and part of him hoped that he had been able to do something as meaningful for her.

Jag could see her beautiful face in his mind's eye, giving him the strength to fight the urge to just stay here and die. He knew that if he did that Jaina would never know the truth. He closed his eyes for a moment, recalling images that were forever burned into his mind- memories of moments they had shared... her body... her laugh.

And then he knew that he must go on.

Jag pushed his broken body up from the violently quaking ground. Once again, Jaina gave him direction and yet another purpose to fulfill- a reason to continue living. He activated his comm and hailed his astromech. "Coordinates," he gasped. "What are your coordinates?"

Jag concentrated on the information scrolling across the helmet's HUD and hope reignited in his chest. He dragged his left leg behind him, the movement sending waves of agonizing pain through his body. Sweat trickled down his skin, pouring into the open lacerations on his back and chest, causing them to sting profusely.

Despite his pain, Jag kept the exquisite image of Jaina's smiling face foremost in his thoughts. He continued to press on towards his X-Wing, which he could now see, only a few meters ahead of him. He was overjoyed to find that the starfighter was still upright and intact, only covered with dust.

He sent the start-up commands to his astromech and took the last tortuously slow steps towards his starfighter. The canopy hissed open as his gloved fingers scraped across the X-wing's hull, and he could hear the comforting sound of the engines warming up.

Jag leaned against the fighter and desperately tried to pull air into his aching lungs. A fit of coughing rewarded his efforts, the taste of blood erupting in his mouth. He fought against the panic that threatened to consume him. He wouldn't allow himself to die, not now. He still had to tell Jaina

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the PM. :D Ooh super update. Looking so incredibly forward to the mush in the next post LOL ;)

17. JordanCHFel

JordanCHFel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2009
    Awwwwww that was soooooo good!!!!!! Thanks for the PM

18. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 5, 2009
    OMG!!!! [face_Shock] That was AWESOME!!!!

I mean it.

:( My poor Jag. He's hurt.

"Stay with me, flyboy." She says in her "Goddess" voice. [face_laugh] That was a nice touch.

Aw. [face_love] She's bringing him back.

=D==D==D==D==D==D==D=

You deserve it. That was great.

More!! [face_batting] Please.

JJB

19. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Fantastic! [face_dancing] =D=

I loved it. :D

Wonderful description of Jag and his injuries there... very well done. After the beating he took I wasn't sure how he made it to Bimmiel but Jaina's command of "Stay with me flyboy" works as well as anything.

Can't wait for the next bit.

:)

CJM

20. Kailene

Feb 17, 2009
    Psych ! I was so excited to see a new update.

Excellent job as usual, Celsete. =D= =D= =D=
    Your doing a great job in filling in all the blanks. I'm thinking [face_thinking] that we need at least 2 more posts, even better, you can continue through till the end of Invincible, we all know that that should have included more J/J in the end. ;)

More soon please. [face_praying] [face_praying]

21. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Nice chapter. You capture emotion very well.

If this wasn't the last part, please PM me when you update.

22. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Jade_eyes- You're welcome! Thanks for coming by again! Who said there was going to be mush in the next post...? o_O I will give you a little spoiler though- It's from Jaina's POV :D

JordanCHFel- You're welcome! Glad to know you're enjoying it!

Jaya_Jag_Ben- Thank you!! [:D] The 'goddess' voice bit seemed like one of Jania's quirks that Jag would like. I can see him with that almost imperceptible smile now... ;)

canadianjedimama- Thanks!! [face_laugh] Yeah, well it's amazing what we have to do to get our men's attention sometimes isn't it?

Kailene- I'm happy you're enjoying this so much! [face_thinking] Hmmm... not a bad idea... so long as the muse co-operates of course. If I did continue longer, what are some things that you'd like to see?

Ultima_1- Thank you and welcome! I will most certainly add you to the PM list!

Again, thank you all for reading and reviewing! It's really helped to boost my confidence in my long negelected writing skills! [:D]

~Celeste

23. Kailene

Feb 17, 2009

Hmmm, oh let me see . [face_thinking] Well without going back and looking over the Lotf books, a couple of missing scenes come to mind, ok, three come to mind, :) just remembered something else.

Missing scene 1. At the end of Fury, Jaina tells Jag that she'll come back and say goodbye, that sure does leave alot up to the imagination.

Missing scene 2. The extraction from Nickel One (1st one), the scene where Jag & the Jedi are trying to rescue Jaina and she asks Zekk and Jag to bunk with her. That entire conversation is just brushed upon, but could have been pretty hysterical (despite her grave wounds), especially the first time the three of them saw each other when she was healed, each wondering if it was remembered.

Last missing scene - At the end of Invincible, after Jaina wakes up, I think it would have been nice to have one more J/J scene. I do realize that Jag was very busy with the peace talks and such. But I feel that with how hard he pushed her not to loose herself with what she was force to do, and with their newly reformed friendship/feeling for each other, that he would have made a great effort to check on her to see how she was doing both physically and mentally.

Anyway, that's just my two cents worth.

Really, really can't wait for more.

24. EmperorFel

EmperorFel Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2009
    My dear, I thought I had posted here. I'm terribly sorry if I've disappointed you in any way.

;)

As it happens, I very much enjoyed the latest addition to the story.

Poor Jag, as if his life isn't already a shipwreck, now he's half to dead as well. Strange thing is, if there was anybody in the universe who I wanted to be other than myself, I'd still pick Jag.

He's just that awesome!

Anyway, =D=.

25. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Kailene- You know, it's really funny, because the first and third missing scenes you mentioned were ones that I was thinking of doing anyway. It's good to know that there's someone else interested in knowing what happened, and I think it may be just enough motivation for me to see what I can do with them. ;)

EmperorFel- [face_blush] Thanks for stopping by again. I'm glad you're enjoying the posts!

Ok, everyone, I'm trying to get past a wee bit of writer's block that seems to be plaguing me, but as soon as I do, there'll be a new post.

Thanks for reading!! [:D]

~Celeste

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.