main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Recollections: or The JC's Top Twenty

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Rogue1-and-a-half, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Grand Moff Jerjerrod Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 1999
    I haven't posted on here in ages, but I'll definitely say that this was a great place to spend the late 90's and early 00's. I still remember the election for president of the JC (which I won- w00t) and the epetition to have me be Anakin back before they released Hayden as the choice for ep. 2, LOL!

2. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Ah. Rogue1-and-a-half, one of the JC's finest newbies. :)

Can't believe I didn't get mentioned even once in passing, though. Ah well.

3. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    We need more threads like this, reminding us of the hysterical (and overly dramatic) posts that led to new forums, friends, in-jokes, running gags, etc. It's a wonderful thread to find yourself reading for at least minutes on end (chortle ho!). But I kid. As always, this was wonderfully written by a pillar of our JC Forums.

Rogue remains a preeminent historian and a smart dresser.

Cheers yet again!

One aside: the "Down with Diapers!" petition, which had a sister petition that I can't find either, did lead to the Senate and therefore, the Amphitheatre. Remember, the latter gave credibility to the idea of the former, freeing up the strictures surrounding taboo topics. tonyf's demotion was a chief part of the DwD! petition. Who remembers that shining moment?

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Who would win a fight between Lord Bane and Carter-TFN?

5. MrEmh

MrEmh Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 1999
    Internet_Drama.

6. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    This thread - 4 posts away from the autolocker cutoff. This thread, 4 posts past it.

7. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    looks like you have a little too much spare time on your hands right now!
    pruning is off in this forum (iirc), so everything is safe. part of me wants the old threads locked to avoid noobs posting "I don't get it", in a thread from 5 years ago.....

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Pruning <> autolocker.

9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    You know, after I did this massive thread for my fifth anniversary, at which time I could hardly fathom the idea of a tenth, I did absolutely nothing for my tenth anniversary, which passed last November, when I wasn't even paying attention. So, I thought I'd up this thread, which I still remember with great fondness and am strangely and oddly proud of. Good times.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I did nothing for my tenth either.

Solidarity!

11. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I actually forgot about my tenth until a few weeks afterwards... :p

12. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    This July is a noteworthy anniversary for the JC, because it's number 13. That means from then on, people born after the JC was created can register to post here.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    ugh.

That's frightening.

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    They're too busy posting on the Justin Bieber messageboards or whatever it is that kids talk about these days.

15. Kawphy

Kawphy Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    Wow. I feel old.

16. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    That's actually quite scary.

17. Warriorpoet

Warriorpoet Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    179 day to go till ten years and only 452 post, thats kind of pathetic isn't it.
    :_|

18. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    I seem to have fallen down the rabbit hole that is JC memory lane, but I have to say I am surprised that anyone outside of the Side cared enough about it to remember it this long after the fact.

And in the event that Neck google's himself someday and sees this thread, Dinosaur Head was clearly superior and I hope you have come to realize this with time. :D