main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Recommendations on where to read up on the origins of Jedi and Sith

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Spirit of the Wolf, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spirit of the Wolf

Spirit of the Wolf Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2015
    Hey guys, I'm looking to start educating myself more in the earliest days of the Jedi and Sith, and other force sensitive beings, and where and how they originated from. Can anyone recommend any literature or any sites on the web that focuses on this? Wookiepedia seems to be somewhat helpful if you're looking into the history of specific characters.

2. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Dawn of the Jedi covers the forebears to the Jedi Order, and that, supplemented with reading the Wookieepedia articles on the Jedi and Je'daii, should suffice. As for the Sith, I'd recommend reading Evil Never Dies: The Sith Dynasties, by Abel Pena, a working link to which can be found on Wookieepedia.

However, in terms of anything more than a chronicle, your best bet for the early histories of both Jedi and Sith are the Tales of the Jedi comics. These comprise some of my absolute favourite works in the EU, and come highly recommended. I even put that in bold, because that's how recommended they come. :p They cover the very first wars between Jedi and Sith. Tales of the Jedi Companion is a role-playing game supplement, but it's also a must-read, full of Sith and Jedi history.

Spirit of the Wolf likes this.
  3. Spirit of the Wolf

Spirit of the Wolf Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2015
    Thanks Dreadwar, I will be looking into those works.

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedi vs Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force, and Book of Sith, might also be of interest.

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.