main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Recommended Viewing before TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by hartman89, Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

[​IMG]

2. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

3. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    When I saw that for the first time I was wondering why he did that. I understand the purpose, but in a life or death situation I can't see people getting upset over the death of an animal to save a human...

kip73 likes this.
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Agreed.

Regardless of what some here who dislike the PT may hope, there's just as much a possibility that some elements from Ep. I-III may re-emerge as there is that something from other parts of the saga (TCW, Rebels, IV-VI).

Just because it's disliked by some doesn't mean it is not still part of the saga. When watching Harry Potter, I follow their story from beginning to end-the journey is much more fulfilling that way. If I just skipped the first three and started with Goblet of Fire, it's just not the same....In order to get the fullest experience, you gotta take the "bad" WITH the good! ;)

jaqen likes this.
  5. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    Thanks for the info and change EHT, appreciate it. I think I am going to show them all six films, both Clone Wars material, and Rebels obviously. Just looking for the order to watch them in now. Unless whoever gives me the order feels real strongly about me adding another source, however, I will not subtract any of the above.

6. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Don't know if they're into books, but I'd also recommend A New Dawn. It's basically an intro to the characters in Rebels. Might not be relevant to Ep. VII, but it's an interesting story, especially if you want to know more about some of the main Rebels characters. And it's part of the "new continuity."

7. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    Thanks for bringing it up. I will add any novelizations that are pertinent ONLY if they are available on audio book because we take super long drives together...

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Sure, no problem. I don't recall if I gave real input here, but my recommendation would be all six films in 1,2,3,4,5,6 order. If they eat all that up and want more, then explain that you're going back in time to in between episodes 2 and 3 and show them The Clone Wars. I wouldn't bother with Clone Wars (the microseries), and I also wouldn't necessarily bother with all of TCW either; there are just too many episodes to do that, and the show was very hit and miss. Others can (and have) done a good job at recommending some of the better and more vital episodes. Then explain that you're going forward to the time between episodes 3 and 4 and show them Rebels.

9. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    Hold on, are there THREE clone materials? I thought it was just The Clone Wars movie, and Clone Wars micro series. Is there a third? I have been out the game for awhile for a few reasons. I'm sure to some this will make me look weaker in my SW fandom, which I promise isn't true.

10. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    "TCW" was the main clone wars series that many refer to on here. It ran for some…Five seasons I believe. The clone wars movie was part of that – but simply just a fun kick-off for what that series became. The "clone wars micro series" was a previous short series that came out before revenge of the Sith was released – in my opinion that particular series is much weaker…

I haven't really watched TCW (the main clone wars series) in it's entirety, so I'm sure someone else on here could better recommend the Best story arcs for viewing from that series…

And don't think anyone thinks less of you for not knowing all of these things…With a family with two kids, things can get quite busy – with less time to focus on things like Star Wars. Having two toddlers myself, I fully understand. I spend only a fraction of the time that I used to on my hobbies and what not…

11. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    I just skip Harry Potter, period. :p

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  12. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    I have seen what seems like ten Harry Potter movies and yet everytime I see one on its one I haven't seen. I've seen the end though. Im gonna post my itinerary on here next but before I do, should I skip around with the episodes or no? Should I just watch series to series/movie(s)? It would be nice if I knew the correct chronological order of all the material...

13. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I think you are missing out on an awesome story then... JMO. ;)

Force Smuggler likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    SS/PS, COS, POA, GOF. GOF, OOTP, HBP and DH. That's the order. Though DH has 2 movies.
    Have to read it in order. Can't skip around. Tried picking up DH in the middle of a readthrough of an earlier book and was like "Nope. Can't do it."

EviL_eLF likes this.
  15. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I thought that Harry Potter got better as it went along. Overall it's not my cup of tea, but I can see why some folks might like it.

As far as what to watch before TFA, me and the wife agreed we'll just watch ROTJ the morning or afternoon before we see TFA in the theater. However, it's probably smart to watch everything prior to.

I'm a huge fan so I'll be excited when the music blares and STAR WARS comes across the screen again.

16. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Why list Goblet of Fire twice? ;)

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Deserves to be read twice. Favorite book of the series.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  18. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    As you said though, can't just pick up a book in the middle in that series and read it... if I want to read GOF again, I have to start at SS, go through COS, then POA and then to GOF.

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I might be able to read it again after reading it the first time.
    Probably not with the others though.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  20. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Yeah I'd just stick to the films, but your kids will probably enjoy The Clone Wars, which admittedly have a few top notch episodes. They'd probably enjoy Rebels too, but I've found it a bit if a slog to get through so far.

21. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    Just never been into it. Tried the books, but they were too whimsical for me. *shrug*

22. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    The story grows up with the characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.