main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Reconciliation~ Ben, L/M - AU Story.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Pilot, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    ?It?s not as if your grandfather was Darth Vader or something.? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I'm so happy to see Luke and Ben make up. Now Rachel is in for a few surprises, hopefully Ben tells her before one of the kids looks it up in a history book, though that would be very funny.

Han was just the kind of jovial party-goer I'd expect. Also nice to see Jaina and Jacen haven't killed each other :)

2. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    ?It?s not as if your grandfather was Darth Vader or something.?

Ben coughed as they reached the door to his parent?s suite.

If she only knew, but I have to say that I?m glad that this is one of those fic where they know of Padmé cuz it has always killed me that know one knew of her in the EU what I know of anyway.

Luke smiled at his son. ?We do have a rather unusual family.?

o_O Yeah, I guess that is one way to put it;).

And awww, I?m so glad that they took the chance to talk and work things out.

Oh, this update was amazing=D= and thanks for the pm[:D], I can?t wait to see how this will go so please update soon[face_praying].

3. Kinderriegel

Kinderriegel Jedi Master star 1

Dec 18, 2005
    Hi:)

Awww, that was great. I'm so glad I found this story. Usually I don't like fanfictions in which Ben falls out with his father. They tend to be very sterotypical, but this plot is very plausible. Your writing is very fluent and easy to read. Your characters are not shallow, but multifaceted and easy to identify with.

You're doing a great job. Thanks for sharing this.

4. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I guess now is not the time to tell her about Jacen?s wife being the Queen of Hapes,

[face_laugh] Love it!

It?s not as if your grandfather was Darth Vader or something.?

What would make her say a thing like that?[face_whistling]

?There is? a persuasive power in me,? whispered Ben. ?This power is rooted within my essence in the Force and must never be developed.?

:eek: dude.

Wowee, great update. A very touching scene bewteen Ben and Luke. =D=
    Thankee for the PM, and please update soon!! [face_praying]

(You can call me Mere or Mere_K. That's what a few other people call me. :D )

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It's good to have the reasons out in the open. They both admit to mistakes.

Rachel is in for quite the family history. Ben had better fess up before someone else lets it out.

6. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    It's so wonderful to see Luke and Ben patch things up [face_dancing] [:D] :*

Somehow I don't think it will be so easy to smooth things over with Mara...

7. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Wow! You guys are the best. [:D]

ginchy: Are you looking over my shoulder? You've got great insights. Thanks for reading.

Vadey: See....just trust me. Everything will work out...eventually *evil laughter* [face_devil] Thanks for reading!

ccp: Thank you!

PrincessCambria: Ahhh...the old parental hormones. [face_laugh]

Wyo: Thank you b-bro! I just knew a great dad like you would relate to the whole family interaction thing. Now go study for your test! [face_laugh]

Tatooineteenager: Welcome [:D] I'm glad you're enjoying my little world and appreciate you reading.

smiley rancor: Thanks! :* But, will the happiness last? Bwa-ha-ha-ha....

padawanlost: Also nice to see Jaina and Jacen haven't killed each other Oh Paddy, you crack me up!

Star Angel: I soooo agree with you about Padme. Thanks for reading.

Kinderriegel: Usually I don't like fanfictions in which Ben falls out with his father. They tend to be very sterotypical, but this plot is very plausible.

Awwww... thanks! That is such a nice compliment. :*

Mere: Thank you for being such a faithful reader! [:D]

RebelMom: You nailed it on the head. Thanks for reading.

JadeLotus: Thank you, my master! @};- I think Mara is the least of Ben's worries....heeheehee

8. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Chapter #12

Rachel lay on her side facing her husband amidst a small army of pillows supporting her ever increasing figure. Something?s different?she thought. Ben?s face was relaxed and there was a peace about him as he slept. Staring at his comely features, she admired how handsome he was. And no man should be blessed with such long gorgeous eyelashes, she thought.

A smile played on his lips, as Ben opened his eyes. ?What are you looking at so early in the morning?? Sleep tousled hair only made him more appealing.

?The love of my life,? she answered easily. Rachel raised a hand to brush the hair out of his eyes, but Ben caught it bringing it to his lips.

?We need to make a decision about whether or not to stay on Tatooine for the baby?s birth,? Ben said.

?I have a confession to make?? said Rachel softly, avoiding his eyes.

Ben sat up looking her fully in the face. ?The midwife didn?t advise going off-planet did she??

Rachel just shook her head. ?I?m sorry I lied to you, Ben. I was just so afraid that you?d never get together with your parents any other way. Can you forgive me??

?Yes,? said Ben. ?I understand why you did it, but you could?ve put our baby?s health in jeopardy.? Ben punched the pillow he had been lying on.

?Ben, I would never do that!? Rachel sat up, her face flushing.
    ?After having five children, I know what I can and can?t do. We could practically deliver this child ourselves if we had to.?

?Not if there were complications! You took a huge risk by doing this and also by not telling me,? said Ben, his temper flaring.

Rachel sat silently for a moment. ?Okay, this may not have been one of my best decisions, but sometimes a wife has to take drastic measures when she is married to an unyielding, nerf-headed, mynock!?

Ben?s lips twitched playfully as he began to laugh. ?You can be the most stubborn, overbearing?adorable woman at times. I?m just so glad you?re mine,? Ben sighed, taking Rachel in his arms.

Rachel offered no resistance and melted into her husband?s embrace. ?Speaking of stubborn?I noticed you and your dad talking last night. Did you get anything resolved??

Ben grinned. ?You already know the answer to that, you just want to gloat.?

?Yes? and your point is??

?My point is that you were right and I should have listened to you a long time ago. I was even surprised at how well my mom accepted my explanation and apology last night. Well?she did make me work for it, though.? Ben shook his head smiling. ?But don?t go getting any ideas into your pretty head about being right all the time.?

?The thought never entered my mind, dear husband.?

With the decision made to stay on Tatooine for the delivery, Luke and Mara also decided to stay and spend as much time as possible with Ben and his family.

Mara and Rachel sat on the couch talking while Luke gave tauntaun rides to Emia, Abby and Caleb.

?Careful, kids, you wouldn?t want to go and break you grandfather in half now,? said Rachel reclining back and taking in the sight.

?He?s not a grandpa, he?s a tauntaun, Mom!? insisted Caleb.

Luke smiled broadly as he promenaded around the living room while Emia gave orders as to direction. He couldn?t remember the last time he?d been this happy?sore back and all.

The door opened and Ben, Tiann and Nirice entered laughing loudly.

?You won?t believe where we?re going! There?s this huge canyon where Dad says Grandpa used to race speeders when he was a kid,? said Tiann waving his hands.

?Beggar?s Canyon,? supplied Nirice.

?Yeah, that?s the one. Dad rented a large speeder and we?re all going to go see it,? finished Tiann, his face shining.

Rachel looked skeptical. ?How goes the terrain for large banthas and very expectant women??

?We won?t take you to any part that would tax you, Rach,? said Ben thoughtfully.

?It really is beautiful,? admitted Mara, ?And no racing will be allowed!?

?Then let?s get going,? Rachel smiled, taking Luke?s hand as Ben and Mara

9. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    ?But you heard it, didn?t you, Grandpa?? asked Abby again, eyes flecked with wisdom.

?Yes child, I heard it,? said Luke amazed that one so young had such insights.

?I knew I would love you,? said Abby simply. ?I knew you would understand.?

Awww, now that was just so sweet[face_love].

Okay, so this whole update was sweet and I loved it[face_love], with the little family trip. Hmm, I wonder if Luke will tell Ben about Abby, well, about all of the children and if he dose, then I wonder how Ben will react.

Thanks for the pm[:D], I?m looking forward to read more.

10. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Hee! Sometimes I'm a good guesser. ;) But sometimes I'm completely wrong, too! LOL! :D

Great update--I think Rach will have that baby soon. Loved Luke and Mara's interactions with the kids--but especially Luke and Abby. Grandpa!Luke is almost just as great as Daddy!Luke! [face_love]

Oh, dear... There is a bit of worry, however... Ben did inherit the combination of Mara and Luke's tempers it seems... Scary idea, that!

Can't wait for more!!!

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_love] That's about all I can say, except [face_dancing] What a happy post! Of course, you'll probably yank the rug out from under our feet with the next update. [face_shame_on_you]

Rachel sat silently for a moment. ?Okay, this may not have been one of my best decisions, but sometimes a wife has to take drastic measures when she is married to an unyielding, nerf-headed, mynock!?

Ben?s lips twitched playfully as he began to laugh. ?You can be the most stubborn, overbearing?adorable woman at times. I?m just so glad you?re mine,? Ben sighed, taking Rachel in his arms.

Rachel offered no resistance and melted into her husband?s embrace. ?Speaking of stubborn?I noticed you and your dad talking last night. Did you get anything resolved??

Ben grinned. ?You already know the answer to that, you just want to gloat.?

?Yes? and your point is??

?My point is that you were right and I should have listened to you a long time ago. I was even surprised at how well my mom accepted my explanation and apology last night. Well?she did make me work for it, though.? Ben shook his head smiling. ?But don?t go getting any ideas into your pretty head about being right all the time.?

Love the interaction between Ben and Rachel. They sound like a REAL married couple. =D=

12. Tattoine_teenager

Tattoine_teenager Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2006
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Small children secretly using the force
    yippie !!!!!!!!!!!
    TT

13. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    I loved the first part with Luke and Abby listening to the force, how beautiful. [face_love]

I'm a little nervous for the impending birth, but Luke and Mara will make it all better right?

I love how happy this story makes me every time I read it. Keep up the great work. :)

14. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Great update. It is so nice seeing them all so happy together. I loved the opening with Ben and Rachel, very well done, and very moving. And the part with Luke and Abby was so sweet. Loved it all!

Cheers,
    Wyo

15. Shaelyn_Skywalker

Shaelyn_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Meets and exceeds my expectations!! Made me laugh. Made me cry. Wonderful job!! I NEED MORE!!!

16. Kinderriegel

Kinderriegel Jedi Master star 1

Dec 18, 2005
    Hi:)

uahh, I almost missed this. Awesome chapter. I just love the dynamics. It's great how you give every child its own personality. I can't wait to find out more about Abbey and her sensibility for the force. I wonder how Ben is going to react. It's going to be the other way round. This time it's him, who has to accept that his child wants to take a path different from the one he has taken. Keep writing, please.

Kinderriegel

17. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005

hear hear! .....[face_whistling]

[face_love] Lovely Ben/Rachel banter.

?But you heard it, didn?t you, Grandpa?? asked Abby again, eyes flecked with wisdom.

?Yes child, I heard it,? said Luke amazed that one so young had such insights.

?I knew I would love you,? said Abby simply. ?I knew you would understand.?

AW! Such mushy sweetness! [face_love]

What a lovely, beautiful update!!! [face_love] =D= [:D]:D [face_dancing] :) [face_peace]

18. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    A/N: Hello lovely readers! We have two more chapters and an epilogue to go. But hang on...it is indeed going to get bumpy. :eek:

Star Angel: Ahhh...yes, the family outing was just the calm before the storm. Thanks for reading.

ginchy:As usual, you have great insights so fasten your seat belt.

VaderLVR: What a great compliment. Funny but these characters seem real to me. Oh and don't get too comfortable standing on that rug! ;)

Tattoine Teenager: Small children secretly using the force LOL! [face_laugh] Thanks for reading.

padawanlost: Thanks, Paddy. I think there is a special bond between Luke and Abby.

WyoJedi: Thanks, bro! Yes, I'm all about the sweet and light...most of the time. *evil laugh*

Shaelyn Skywalker: Thank you for your kind words. Next chapter coming soon.

Kinerriegel: Thanks! I love the five kids. It's almost like they're mine!

Meredith Kenobi: Thanks, Mere! For me, it's all about the banter! [face_laugh]

19. Jedi_Luck

Jedi_Luck Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2005
    Aww Abby is precious! Great posts!

20. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Thanks, Jedi Luck! I do have a soft spot in my heart for Abby. It's almost like she's my very own child!

Thanks for reading. Next chapter coming soon!

21. Shaelyn_Skywalker

Shaelyn_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!....sowee. I'm hyper and needed somewhere to post. [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_dancing][face_laugh]8-}8-}8-}8-}[face_beatup]

22. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Very soon Shaelyn, take a deep calming Jedi breath....

23. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    ******Hang on friends, it get's a little bumpy from here!*******

Chapter # 13

The days that followed were the most blissful that Ben could ever remember. He laughed as he watched his dad play games with his children and blinked back tears as his mom read stories to his youngest ones. The only concern that surfaced as he drifted off to sleep at night was the ever growing matter of Abby.

At first Ben thought that she was just a kittling-like bundle of mischievous adventure. With her bright smile and infectious laugh, it was hard not to credit her mishaps as just childish exuberance. But in the last six months he had begun to notice a thoughtful intensity about her that went well beyond that of a four year old.
    Like that afternoon at Beggar?s Canyon?

He was pretty sure that no one else saw it and at times thought he had just imagined the whole thing. But if his father suspected? Ben shuddered. No, he thought, my children will not be raised to become Jedi.

After a riotous lunch of cheesy noodles, Luke helped a tired Rachel over to the couch while Mara entertained Caleb, Abby and Emia with their ongoing game of Stars and Comets. Tiann was happily engrossed in the scientific datapad given to him by his grandmother.

Ben and Nirice had pulled clean up duty and were in the kitchen finishing up the last of the dishes. Ben noticed that Nirice was unusually quiet and seemed contemplative. Teenagers, he chuckled to himself.

?Dad?? asked Nirice handing Ben a dry plate to put up in the cabinet.

?Yes, baby??

?Things are going really well here, aren?t they? I mean with Grandma and Grandpa,? said Nirice slowly.

?Yes, I?d say that.?

?Does it? bother you that they are Jedi?? she asked softly.

Ben hesitated as his heart began to beat a little faster. ?No, it doesn?t bother me. I just didn?t want to pursue that kind of life.?

Nirice looked away and removed another plate from the cleaning unit. ?Then it?s not that you don?t like Jedi, it?s just that you didn?t want to be one yourself??

?That?s right. It was hard for my parents to understand that, but we?ve worked it out now and we both respect each other?s choices,? Ben said choosing his words carefully.

?That?s good then. I really love them both a lot and ?well, it?s interesting what you just said about respecting each other?s choices,? she handed Ben another plate and looked up.

?What is it, Nirice? Is something bothering you?? asked Ben, concerned.

Nirice breathed deeply as if trying to find the words. ?Dad, I have some choices to make, too. And I want?I?d like for you to respect the decisions that I?ve made.?

?Oh baby,? started Ben, thinking he understood what his daughter was trying to say. ?I really do like Dalen. It?s just that you two are so young to be dating; you both have your whole life ahead of you. Stars, did I just sound like a dad, or what??

Nirice shook her head. ?No Dad, that?s not what I?m trying to tell you.?

?Then what?? asked Ben still holding the plate in his hand.

?What I?m trying to tell you is?? Nirice?s voice shook as she continued. ?I want to be a Jedi like Grandpa and Grandma.?

Ben froze as if the very air in the room had turned to ice. Closing his eyes, he felt rage begin to swell from deep inside until he thought he would explode. His hands shook with emotion as the plate fell and shattered onto the floor.

Luke immediately sensed something was wrong. He felt Ben?s fury before he ever saw his son?s face. Mara glanced at Luke with a look of complete confusion until Ben entered the living room.

?YOU HAVE NOT RIGHT!? screamed Ben advancing so quickly that Luke thought he meant to strike him.

?Ben, what?s wrong?.? started Luke, overwhelmed by the animosity he felt roiling off his son.

?Don?t you dare pretend you don?t know what I?m talking about, FATHER!? Ben?s face contorted with anger. ?I TRUSTED YOU
    AND YOU?VE BETRAYED THAT TRUST!?

?Daddy?? Caleb whimpered, as he and

24. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I knew that baby had Skywalker timing. ;)

Oh, dear. Ben, Ben, Ben. Just when I was liking you so much. Tsk. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Man, great chapter! Ben has his grandfather's anger in him, doesn't he? I just hope this whole situation can work out, but sometimes... they don't. :( :_|

Thanks for the update--I've been waiting for one!

25. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Ben, Ben, Ben...as the mother of teenagers, I have to tell you that you'd better lighten up or you'll drive your kids away! [face_shame_on_you]

?What is it, Nirice? Is something bothering you?? asked Ben, concerned.

Nirice breathed deeply as if trying to find the words. ?Dad, I have some choices to make, too. And I want?I?d like for you to respect the decisions that I?ve made.?

?Oh baby,? started Ben, thinking he understood what his daughter was trying to say. ?I really do like Dalen. It?s just that you two are so young to be dating; you both have your whole life ahead of you. Stars, did I just sound like a dad, or what??

Nirice shook her head. ?No Dad, that?s not what I?m trying to tell you.?

?Then what?? asked Ben still holding the plate in his hand.

?What I?m trying to tell you is?? Nirice?s voice shook as she continued. ?I want to be a Jedi like Grandpa and Grandma.?

Ben froze as if the very air in the room had turned to ice. Closing his eyes, he felt rage begin to swell from deep inside until he thought he would explode. His hands shook with emotion as the plate fell and shattered onto the floor.

So, it's okay for HIM to make a choice, but not his kids??? Not the way it goes, Ben my boy! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.