main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Reconciliation~ Ben, L/M - AU Story.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Pilot, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    You continue to up the bar with each installment. This was a wonderful ending to a wonderful fic. I love the characters in this and will truly miss their adventures.

?Just as long as you don?t have any abilities with boys, I?ll be happy with your progress,? teased Ben.

Ben is such a typical dad! I totally relate to him. And little Abby's wish at the end was so cute.

Again marvolously done! I don't think there is much more to be said than... Bravo!!! Bravo!!! Magnificent.

2. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Coming out of lurkdom to say I really enjoyed this story. I don't usually click on adult Ben fics, but I'm glad I caught this one. Luke & Mara would make wonderful grandparents. I hope the profics give them both the chance.

3. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    A/N: Thanks for the nomination! Y'all are the best!

ginchy: Thanks! I appreciate your support so much. [:D]

Star Angel: I'm glad you liked the ending. I do write "happily-ever-after" stories, just can't bear to keep anyone at odds forever. Thank you for reading!

PrincessCambria: I took a lot, but Ben finally saw the light. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.

Bianka Kenobi: Well hello, sister friend! You can't get sweet tea? Now that is brutal! Thank you for reading.

VaderLVR64: Thank you, Vadey! I appreciate your support through this journey of mine. [:D]

padawanlost: At least Ben's making sure the galaxy won't run out of Jedi any time soon. [face_laugh]

You just crack me up! I'll let you know if the Luke/Abby bunny bites. Thank you for reading.

cdmcc: Thanks buddy! I appreciate you venturing into the "beyond" forum on my behalf.

Shaelyn Skywalker: Thank you sweetie!

DarthJaded: Truth be told, I'm a little sad it's over, too. Thank you for reading!

RebelMom: Thank you! I do appreciate your insights. Finally Ben came to his senses.

Meredith Kenobi: Hi Mere! Thank you for your kind words. I feel like the five kids live here with me...I'm gonna miss writing about them.

ccp: Thanks for reading!

Kinderriegel: Wow! Thank you for the compliments. I really appreciate you reading and the pats on the back.

WyoJedi: Thank you bro! [:D] I'm going to miss them all (even Abby's mishaps)

Jedi2B: Thanks for de-lurking to take a peek at my world. I agree Luke and Mara will make wonderful grandparents. Let's keep our fingers crossed that pro-fic will allow that story line. And if not...there's always this wonderful FF world here at the force.net

4. smiley_rancor

smiley_rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    Brilliant epilogue! Wish there was more (hint hint)

And everything ties up nicely, hehe, and i agree with everyone who has said that Luke and Mara would make great grand-parents!

Can't wait to see what else you can think up to entertain us all! :)

s_r

5. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    smiley_rancor]Brilliant epilogue! Wish there was more (hint hint)

Thanks, smiley! [:D] I am so going to miss these kids! I may just have to come back every now and then for a vignette or two.

6. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Oops, looks like I never replied. I really enjoyed this story. And the epilogue was nice to have. It wrapped up some loose ends while providing some food for thought. I shall miss Rachel and the hoards of Skywalker-Enjeris children.

A favorite section --
    I totally agree with Ben. Of all the things that big brother Caleb could teach the baby, why'd it have to be the "poopy head" thing? [face_laugh] Very amusing, and very true to life!

7. Jedi_Luck

Jedi_Luck Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2005
    Great story Jade_Pilot! I really enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing it with all of us! If you write anymore, send me a link!

8. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    [:D] [:D]

This was a wonderful story, my Padawan, you've done so well, considering it was your first short story here on the boards. Excellent ending. And how knows, maybe you'll be able to use those kids in a future fic? I'll miss them until then.

9. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Wow! More readers!

Blue Milkshake: Thank you for your kind words. I am sooo going to miss these kids!

Jedi Luck: I'm glad you enjoyed. Thanks for being so supportive!

JadeLotus: Thanks, master. We've come a long way, haven't we? I so appreicate you mentoring me and encouraging me along the way. I count your guidance as a blessing. [:D]

10. Shaelyn_Skywalker

Shaelyn_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    HEE HEE HEE!!!! I read it again and it was even better!! It seems like you learn something new every time you read it.

11. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Thank you Shaelyn! I think that is probably one of the nicest compliments a writer can recieve. [:D]

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Jade_Pilot:
    I read this wonderful story in stages after it was completed. My comments follow.
    Chapters 1-2:
    First off: I love Rachel with her sea-green eyes and warmth, wisdom & compassion. I like that Ben listens to her & cherishes her so.
    Secondly, I really like his rambunctious brood.
    I can totally sympathize with Ben wanting out of the limelight, and not wanting private family business to be exposed to the prying eyes and minds of those whose business it isn?t. It?s hard enough to deal with complicated emotions without feeling like everything you do and say is under a microscope.
    I do feel sad that so many years have gone by, but Rachel has a point: if you put yourself in the other person?s place & think about how you?d feel, you might not be able to inflict any more pain on them than you already have.
    ____~~~
    Chapters 3-4:
    It wasn?t good that Ben left behind his parents and legacy, but the consequences to his family are wonderful. He has delightful, well-adjusted children and a full, simple life. :) The com call was hilarious. [face_laugh]
    Interesting that Luke traces the root cause of everything back to Borleias. Glad Mara doesn?t?after all, when has Luke been able to make her do anything? ;) Even when he ?persuades? her, she wants to do it too, --being in the mood.(Particularly for love, oops, there goes my one track mind again.) :p But it?s telling that he sees that as contributing to Ben?s later decision.
    _____~~~
    Chapter 5:
    Glad to see the loving banter between Luke & Mara?s still fresh & new. :D ?You?re the most beautiful grandma sporting a blaster? & ?Give me a kiss before my head explodes? [face_laugh] Loved that! Mara has gone about spoiling the younglings with a single-minded purpose, but I see her love behind it. :)
    _____~~~
    Chapter 6-8:
    So cool having Force signatures compared to flavors?hope mine?s like chocolate. ;) Woot!!!! Loved Mara?s reaction to Ben?s name change!!! Calling him a stupid poopy head [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Yeah, I wanted to rip his head off then too. :p
    _____~~~~
    Chapter 9: Nirice?s announcement was a stunner and the tie-in to Rachel?s past and Balance Point?my fave NJO novel by the way?was great.

_____~~~~~
    Chapter 10: This totally turned me into a puddle of mushy goo. ?I may not say it much, but I am so proud of you Luke. Not only for the lives that you have touched through the years, but also for the love that you have given me. You gave me back my heart, love.?

?What did I just say about stealing my lines?? smiled Luke giving his wife a quick kiss. ?I think my heart beat true for the first time when you agreed to marry me.? Luke pressed his forehead to hers. ?Now, before we get incredibly mushy, we?d better be going. We?ve got a legion of people to impress.? Blissful sigh.
    Luke?s speech was short & so sweet. J
    _____~~~~~
    Chapter 11:
    ?Well at least your grandfather wasn?t Darth Vader.? Lands, but that cracked me up!
    Luke and Ben?s talk was so touching. Loved it!
    ____~~~
    Chapter 12 through Epilogue:
    Wow!! This took me on a roller coaster ride?which I like anyway?literally and figuratively?and left me way up there!
    Final comments: No one could give Ben a better wife or the Skywalkers a better daughter-in-law. I loved her to pieces. Your dialogue and the emotional content and the humor were fantastic and perfectly balanced. You have the maestro touch of a veteran writer. Bravo & thanks for the yummy read. [:D] @};-

13. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Oh my goodness, Jade eyes!! You honor me so much with your praise and kind words. I was so touched! Thank you for reading and posting such a lovely response. You brought tears to my eyes! [:D]

14. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Wonderful story! Caleb can go ahead and call me a big poopy-head for not reading it earlier. I sat down this rainy afternoon and devoured the entire thing, like a big container of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. (All the sweetness and none of the cellulite.[face_dancing] )

This has so many terrific places in it. I loved loved loved Rachel. Just the type of character you want to hug, she's so kind and wise. The kids were scrumptious, and all that family mush was :D .

Favorite lines of all:

?I may not say it much, but I am so proud of you Luke. Not only for the lives that you have touched through the years, but also for the love that you have given me. You gave me back my heart, love.?

?What did I just say about stealing my lines?? smiled Luke giving his wife a quick kiss. ?I think my heart beat true for the first time when you agreed to marry me.?

'Scuse me while I find a chaise on which to swoon. [face_love] [face_love]

Lovely, Jade_Pilot. Lovely.

15. Shaelyn_Skywalker

Shaelyn_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2006

Jade_Pilot, I only speak the truth! I practically have this story memorized!! It's probably one of the greatest stories here! No offense to other writers. I like your stories too.[face_beatup] *points to smileyface and laughs head off*

16. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005

Ah ha! There is a 'Tuckerism' within this story and I think you, sister pilot, have found it. Thank you for reading and your kind words. @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.