main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Reconciling "The Last of the Jedi" with Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Grendelspyce, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Where is Pevra, Todd, and anakinfan?

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Right okay. I'm stepping in before this conversation goes any further. It's one thing to disagree with people's opinions but don't attack the person over said opinions.

Secondly let's start talking about Filoni instead of each other. Thirdly there isn't anything wrong with Jedi Knight Fett's signature. He doesn't want people to get attacked or bullied but it isn't directed at anyone in particular.

Now, let's move on.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Never mind TSF beat me to it.

Anyway Darth Saxman do you not want there to be any light side force users by ROTJ?

4. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    I just want Luke's story to remain special. That's all.

5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

It is special. But that doesn't mean the other stories are not.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It would always be special because of several things
    Luke is the new hope/Leia
    Luke turns back Vader and no one else
    Luke is the only person to refuse the dark side in the emperor's face
    Luke destroys the death star
    Luke is the last Jedi Knight (as of now)

7. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

I agree with this as well.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  8. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Yes, more stories can be told, but certain things need to happen before that star destroyer flies over tatooine in ANH.

Darth_Pevra and Darth Saxman like this.
  9. Darth Saxman

Darth Saxman Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    From Star Wars Novelization:

"“He is here,” Vader stated unemotionally.
    Tarkin looked startled. “Obi-wan Kenobi! That’s impossible. What makes you think so?”
    “A stirring in the force, of a kind I’ve felt only in the presence of my old master. It is
    unmistakable.”
    “Surely—surely he must be dead by now.”
    Vader hesitated, his assurance suddenly gone. “Perhaps … It is gone now. It was only a brief
    sensation.”
    “The Jedi are extinct,” declared Tarkin positively. “Their fire was quenched decades ago. You, my
    friend, are all that’s left of their ways.”
    A comlink buzzed softly for attention. “Yes?” Tarkin acknowledged.
    “We have an emergency alert in detention block AA-23.”
    “The Princess!” Tarkin yelped, jumping to his feet. Vader whirled, trying to stare through the
    walls.
    “I knew it—Obi-wan is here. I knew I could not mistake a stirring in the force of such power.”
    “Put all sections on alert,” Tarkin ordered through the corn-link Then he turned to stare at Vader.
    “If you’re right, he must not be allowed to escape.”
    “Escape may not be Obi-wan Kenobi’s intention,” Vader replied, struggling to control his
    emotions. “He is the last of the Jedi—and the greatest. The danger he presents to us must not be
    underestimated—yet only I can deal with him.” His head snapped around to stare fixedly at Tarkin.
    “Alone.”
    "
    That is canon. That is the way we all knew it up until Rebels and WHOMEVER was responsible for having Jedi running around the galaxy, starting the Rebel Alliance, and running head first into Vader, Inquisitors etc. just a few years before this scene with Tarkin and Vader in Episode IV.

That is an example of explicit canon trampling.

10. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    We have discussed Tarkin's knowledge of events in the SWU much, much earlier in this thread and Wookipedia disagrees with you BTW. But Tarkin was also wrong there. Yoda was still alive and kicking on Dagobah.... So either Tarkin was wrong or he clearly didn't know everything that was going on in the SWU.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

But its not because
    A. Yoda is still alive so this statement made in ANH is false
    And the part on vader is an opinion by him because he is the last of the jedi-and the greatest.

Damn it jabberwalkie you beat me.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  12. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Aw man, look at it as helping out a friend. [face_peace]

13. Darth Saxman

Darth Saxman Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    This isn't just Tarkin's knowledge --- it is Vader's knowledge and he explicitly is saying that Obi_Wan is the last of the Jedi. Yes, Yoda was on Dagobah and neither of them knew it, but according to Rebels, they both would have known about Kanan, Ezra, and (in later Season 2 episodes) Ahsoka, which would have lead to them never having said any of these lines about Obi-Wan being the last of the Jedi.

Also, what are you talking about regarding Wookiepedia disagreeing with me? Disagreeing with what? I read the page you linked to and have no idea what you're talking about.

Also, folks, can you please go easy on the editing? Just wait until your full thoughts are formulated to post ---- removed.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    hai Saxman, so glad you're back around. ;)

*ahem*

It's become apparent that this thread is devolving into yet another "let's rag on Dave Filoni guise" extravaganza. That stops now. We're going to give this thread a little break, give y'all some time to cool down, and then we'll reopen it when we're sure it won't cause any more mass hysteria.

Should this thread re-devolve into a Filoni bash-fest, I assure you, bans will be handed out rather generously. Put simply: creator-bashing- bad. Threads devolving into incessant bickering and veiled insults- bad. Put them together and you're gonna have a real bad time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.