Recovery Cover at TOS

Discussion in 'Literature' started by boushh2187, Oct 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boushh2187 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Check out the cover of the ebook at the Official site!! I'm gonna go and check out if it's downloadable yet!
  2. Valiento Jedi Knight

star 7
    Nasty and unoriginal cover.
  3. Rebecca191 Jedi Knight

star 6
    I agree with Valiento. Yuck. :(
  4. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Silly. Typos.

But they stated the real release date for SbS. Hehe.
  5. Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Bad cover, I agree, but thanks Boushh! :)
  6. Vergere Jedi Knight

star 5
    [link=http://starwars.com/eu/news/2001/10/news20011008.html]link[/link] for those of us who are lazy :D

i agree with val--it sucks. what they've basically done is a sloppy job of pasting together the BP cover :(
  7. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    I was just about to say the same thing. Ugh. Not only that...it's like someone changed the tint on a TV that showed the BP cover.

BTW - Is Recovery a BP sequel, or a SbS prequel or sequel? I'm finally reading the NJO this month, and need to know the order to read the eBook in relation to the other stuff.

P.S. - No SbS spoilers in here. Let's keep it clean. :)
  8. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Is it just me or was that just recycled from the Balance Point cover?

[image=http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2001/10/img/recovery_cover_bg.jpg]

Recovery is after Balance Point and before Conquest.
  9. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    Someone changed the side their faces appear on, and the colors. That's it.
  10. boushh2187 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oh yeah, I totally agree that it's a sucky cover. I mean it's just a re-arranged version of Balance Point's. But I'm almost wondering if the cover has been one of the things holding this book up. I mean if it was just the cover that wasn't done, I'm fine with it if I can get the ebook tomorrow. :)

And hopefully that just means that the ebook will be released sooner rather than later... like tomorrow maybe (yeah, maybe I'm hoping for too much, but I can dream. ;) ).

Oh and for someone who asked, Recovery is more of a sequel to BP I guess... It seems to take place immediately following so I would say it is.
  11. JadedofMara Jedi Padawan

star 4
    No, Mastadge, its not you...the cover exactly the same minus Jacen in the middle. And the lightning between them is purple, not yellow. So that was really all the effort that LFL put into this...hope the actual book is better. Does this definitly mean that this is a BP sequel...not SbS?
  12. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    Hmm. So it's actually before the Edge of Victory books? Is that a Yes?

Also...anyone know how I can get a reading utility for eBooks? I'm new to this.
  13. boushh2187 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It definitely takes place after Balance Point considering that Leia was injured pretty badly in that book.

Oh so I guess this Dave Stephenson guy is responsible for rearranging the artwork of BP. He's credited with the layout. Why couldn't I get that job, so you all could complain about my cover art. ;)
  14. Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey guys, considering how quickly this book was put together by Shelly Shapiro to please all the Han and Leia fans. :) How are they supposed to get an original cover in such a short time!! I wouldn't be complaining!!!! [\b] This is great....I hope it comes out soon.

15. princess_of_naboo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    So when do you think Recovery will be for sale?
  16. Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oh man that sucks!!! Surely they could have got some young, down on their luck graphics student to sit around and come up with a really good, original cover????

17. sweetheart Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks boushh. Hmm I don't really like the cover much, I was hoping we'd get something new and not just a copy and paste of BP..oh well.

Ms. Shapiro told me the e-book would be out probably only a couple of days before SBS. Sorry guys!
  18. obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That is undoubtedly the worst SW cover ever! Boring re-use of Balance Point and horrible colors. Nasty, nasty, nasty...
  19. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Recover is after Balance Point and before Conquest, and will most likely start popping up online around the same time SbS hits the shelves
  20. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    Dang. That means I actually have to hold off on reading the EoV books until Recovery is out and I own it.

Once again, where do I get a reading utility?
  21. Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Any ebook seller including www.amazon.com will let you download Microsoft Reader, Adobe Reader etc. etc. for free. :)
  22. Ginger Jedi Grand Master

star 4

Thank you boushh, you're quick on the draw. The cover is a bit disappointing but it's the content that counts.
  23. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
  24. Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Awful cover. But, what can you expect? E-Books are supposed to be cheap, not pretty.
  25. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    The Sabotuer cover was pretty...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.