Recovery Cover at TOS

Discussion in 'Literature' started by boushh2187, Oct 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight1192 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Let's see. move the X-wings and cliffs behind them up, switch Han for Leia, lowering Han while raising Leia, get rid of the indistinguishable figure in the foreground, and change the background cover. Sure, no one will realize it's actually Balance Point's cover thats merely been edited.
  2. Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Master

star 4
    "It sure had a purdy cover, boy...." :p
  3. Ginger Jedi Master

star 4

I've noticed that TOS said that this is the first short story in ebook format for the series. Does that mean there will be more ebooks for the NJO?
  4. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Could be. I wish they'd make a Tales from the New Jedi Order book or something instead though.
  5. Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Master

star 4
    Probably. Plus a spin-off cross over series where Judge Dread hooks up with Corran Horn and they dispense justice on all the bad @$$ crims of Mega City 1.... :p
  6. Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes. I concur. Tales from the New Jedi Order. Now please.... :D
  7. boushh2187 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, I'll still hope for the ebook coming out earlier than a couple of days before SbS. I wanna have enough time to read the ebook before SbS comes out. I'd almost rather the ebook come out a week or two after SbS, if they're going to come out that close together. It's like gonna overload my SW senses, you know? Plus I think it would be less confusing for people if the ebook were to come out a week or two before SbS, but if it isn't possible, then it isn't possible.

The cover to Sabateur was nice, and I was hoping for a nice cover for Recovery, but oh well... No such luck.

I like the idea of there being more NJO ebooks to come. Maybe they'll end up being nice supplements and stories that should be told but get left behind because of other stories taking priority or time/length constraints.
  8. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Looks just like Balance Point to me...
  9. Tellesto Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow, the cover is really a well done piece of Expanded Universe Art. [face_plain]

Well, if anything the plot will be the entire substance behind this book.
    Here's to a great story...hopefully.
  10. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
  11. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
    I wish this book would come out soon...like how about tomorrow!!! Tomorrow's a Tuesday. ;)

:D
  12. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    yuck! They just copied the cover from Balance Point. I'm so unhappy that I didn't win... Oh well, I have $25 worth of B.Dalton gift certificates I can use for buying "Star by Star".....

I won't be getting the ebook anyway...don't have a the special program to read it.
  13. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    The Good :

We finally know who the contest winners are.

The Bad :

I did not win.

The Ugly :

That stanged Recover cover.

I suppose TF.N review method can be applied.
  14. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  15. Jedi-Rascal Jedi Youngling

star 1
    E-Books are supposed to be cheap

Not really. Look on amazon.com. The cheap ones are classic books, which can be found for miniscule prices (probably $1/$1.50) in your country anyway (they're £1 here in the UK).

As a particular example, look at the ebook of Stephen King's 'Black House'. It's not much cheaper than the HC (The RRP is more than most vendors sell the HC for). Certainly not cheaper than the eventual paperback release will be.
  16. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I like, they removed Jacen. Wish they could do that in the NJO now :)
  17. Mecca-Don Jedi Knight

star 2
    Like many others have said, I don't like this cover. They just twisted around the Balance Point cover a little bit, added the words Recovery and Troy Denning and were done. Not very Imagiative.
  18. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "That means I actually have to hold off on reading the EoV books until Recovery is out and I own it."

Nope. Most everyone here has already read EoV. You can do it that way too. Its not that important. Its just about Han and Leia tieing lose ends after their big seperation after VP. And maybe a clue or tie in to SbS.
  19. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    even for an e-book that?s an ugly cover
  20. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    What would have been a cool looking cover? they should have used the Knightfall 1 cover, edited so that it's leia, and han instead of jorrallen and danni quee. Then did fit that vong character somehow into the story, ;).
  21. Balance_Point Jedi Master

star 4
    Ugh. And the worst thing is, the cover for Balance Point was one of my favorite NJO covers up till this point. Now, every time I look at it, I'm going to think of the Recovery cover and shudder... curses!
  22. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    I won't be getting the ebook anyway...don't have a the special program to read it.

JL, many ebook programs are free, ya know?

And as for the cover: why didn't they just ask me to do it? I could redo the Balance Point cover! Really, that's pathetic. :(

Maybe some fan-artists can do better for us. ;)

They should have just called it Point Balance. :p
  23. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    I think that so far, almost every NJO cover has been sub-par. There's not one that I care for at all. In 20 years, people are going to cringe at these, just like the original Han Solo Adventures paperbacks.

The Bantam covers were one thing that that company got right, even if Drew Struzan's art wasn't getting very chancy in the later years.

Once again, I ask, where is Hugh Fleming when you need him?
  24. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Oh, I guess I'm gonna start one of those stupid petitions to ask LFL to change things...

Ya know, sorta like 'George, can you change the title of EPII ? I don't like "Attack of the Clones", and since I'm a fan, you should listen to me !'
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.