main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Recovery with a novel?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by lightsaber_wielder, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    Will the NJO e-book Recovery be released in the back of a novel? Sort of like how Darth Maul: Saboteur was released in the back of the paperback Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter?

2. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    it's supposed to be in SbS paperback

3. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    It will apparently be released in the Star by Star paperback.

4. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    That's good. I don't like ordering things off of the internet and I don't know a sight that has it for free so I haven't actually read it yet.

5. DaJames2

DaJames2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2002
    Noooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel the deadly cycle continuing. I didn't buy Shadow Hunter when it first came out, cause i felt that a story about Darth Maul just kicking some poor person's butt wasn't worth $40. Then i kept hearing about how good and cool it was so i went out to look for it, and couldn't find it. I was kicking myself for months until one day i walked into Borders and saw it. Impulse took over. Then, about 2 days later, i heard that they were putting the e-book in the paperback. This one book has caused me a surprising amount of anguish, as i don't have an E-book medium.

Now it continues. I hear about an NJO e-book, and once again resign myself to not having it. I hear all the hype of SbS, and once again become frustrated and find myself having to leave the boards to avoid spoiler temptation. There follows several agony-filled months waiting for Christmas to arrive. And finally, i have a copy of SbS in my hands. And now, i hear that Recovery will be in the PB ? Oh this is torture.

All i ask is why can't the greedy people at Del Rey just tell BEFORE a hard cover of a book comes out that there will be an E-book attached to its PB. It would make life a whole lot easier for quite a few of us.

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    When will the PB of SbS be released, anyway?

7. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Where exactly are all of these e-books being showcased anyway? (what site?)

8. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    I saw NJO: Recovery on "sale" on Amazon.com for like.. $2.68 or something absurdly cheap (search Books for "New Jedi Order"). I don't have an e-book player, though, and I REALLY wanna read Recovery, but... I already bought SbS as a hardcover the day it came out (which means I'm not gonna waste money to get the paperback). Any ideas?

9. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    eBooks are quite cheap. $2-$5. Plus the SW ebooks are not as long as a normal book... Sort of long short story.

10. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Syntax, e-book readers are free. Adobe and Microsoft have them for download. You only have to pay for e-books themselves.

11. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Hm.. I was thinking of the portable eBook players. Those things cost a bit, don't they? I'll have to download one of those free players, then I might get Recovery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.