main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Recreating a Jedi" (A Jedi Apprentice add-on fanfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lwyn'nya Kenobi, Jul 1, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obese-Wan Kenobi

Obese-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 1999
    YYEESS!! BAck in business!! Good story, I cna't wait for more.

2. Narianna

Narianna Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 1999
    Wow! And I thought I was the only one reading the series. This fan-fic is great! And the Jedi Apprentice is one of my favourite series, too! By the way, has anyone got #3 'The Hidden Past'? I love this series and my favourite characters have always been Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, since I'm new in the Star Wars universe. TPM was actually my first SW movie!

P.S.- I'm only 12 years old, so reading about
    Obi-Wan when he was at that age was
    one of the things that got me to read the Jedi Apprentice. I'm glad I did.

Nari-Anna Liras
    Jedi Pupil

"In the darkness, find the light.
    In despair, find hope.
    In the confusion, find the path.
    In yourself, find the Force."

3. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 1999
    Narianna: I agree that the Jedi Apprentice books are great. However, for me it is because they give some background on Obi-Wan. I'm sixteen and have been a fanatical SW fan for practically my whole life and the older Obi-Wan (25) in the movie is more interesting to me.
    That's why this fanfic is so great. Lwyn'nya Kenobi has put Obi-Wan's age in the middle. And of course it's a great fic because she is a wonderful writer and it's a great story! Keep it coming; it's just getting better!

4. Gumbi Jedi

Gumbi Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 1999
    Yep, it's all about Obi-Wan!

Lwyn'nya Kenobi, excellent job on all your stories. Truly, you have a gift. I can write extremely well, but not on stories. I must say I envy you a little.

5. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Lwyn'nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 1999
    Awwwww, you guys . . . :_)
    Obi-Wan sighed, content, as he ran the clear water over his face and through his hair. The coolness of the water acted as a salve for his torn mind. It allowed him to escape his frustration and fear, even if just for a moment. He may not remember who he was, but at least he was feeling better.

Now if only this cut would heal . . .

Almost as if he could somehow sense her presence, Obi-Wan turned to see Kali leaning against the doorway. She had a playful smile on her face. "Feeling better, love?" she greeted him with a teasing note.

"If that were possible," he answered, taking a towel and drying his face and hair, taking care not to aggravate the nasty cut on the side of his head. While it had stopped bleeding, it showed no signs of healing.

With one hand behind her back, Kali sidled up to him, her eyes gleaming wickedly.

Feeling slightly nervous by the predator gleam in the woman's eye, he backed up a step. "Um, w-when is your family arriving home from the market?"

Kali's head tilted to the side in a childlike manner, "Oh, they'll be home later. They always spend a long time at the market."

There was something in her tone that irked Obi-Wan, but he couldn't put his finger on it. Finding himself backed into a corner. "I-Is there something I can do for you?" he asked, trying to discover why she was here, although something in her swaggering step already alerted him as to what was coming next.

"Aren't you the cute one," she laughed, "I brought you a present."

Obi-Wan gulped. "Um, really?"

With a devilish smile, Kali leaned up against him, the arm that wasn't behind her back suddenly draped around his neck. And before Obi-Wan could protest, she held his lips hostage with hers in a sensuous kiss.

Obi-Wan's eyes flew open in surprise, but he found himself unable to break her passionate hold on him. Something didn't feel right. It could have been because he still didn't remember her. But soon Obi-Wan was lost to all rational thought as he fell under her spell. He kissed her back, matching her passion with his own. Perhaps this was what he needed. Or perhaps her romanticism, like the cool water, was merely a salve for his shattered self; a temporary fix.

Kali broke the kiss, looking up at Obi-Wan, smiling as she watched him take a moment to realize exactly where he was again. Pursing her lips together, she smiled at him. "Now you can't tell me that you don't remember that."

Obi-Wan desperately wanted to tell her 'yes', that he remembered his life with her, even if he didn't. So maybe he didn't come from here, or maybe he did? Until his memory could come back, if it would ever return, she was the only one looking out for him, caring about him.

But I'd be living a lie.

Kali sensed his hesitance and took that for her answer. She frowned dejectedly and stepped back. "No matter. Actually, I did come bearing a gift." The arm that was behind her back came before him, holding the bottle of pills that the Sheriff had given him to take. "Maybe these will help," she added with a smile.

Obi-Wan, as if in a daze, took the bottle from her, staring at it. There was that feeling again! That claustrophic cold feeling. There was something about these pills . . . he stared at the innocent bottle as if it were a snake in his hand. Maybe he had a fear of medicines in the life he couldn't remember, or maybe he had nearly choked to death on one when he was a child, but Obi-Wan couldn't ignore this fear, this sense of danger, that took hold of him.

"N-no," he choked, setting the bottle on a wooden ledge far from him.

Kali looked at him, puzzled. "Alex, what's wrong? Sheriff Crion believes that these will help you."

Obi-Wan's arms crossed in front of his chest, more so to ward off the strong sense of fear than to physically make his point. "Kali, until my memory returns, I'm not about to trust taking some undescript pills from a man that, while you may remember, I do not." He hadn't meant to snap at her, but he couldn't help the sharp defensiveness in his voic

6. Veridea

Veridea Jedi Youngling

May 26, 1999
    oh wow...total wow...this is great stuff!!! Ever done any professional writing? I'm a creative writing major, and...wow...this is great!!!!

7. Old Juan

Old Juan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 1999
    Lwyn'nya Kenobi,
    I've said it before and I'll say it again...YOU ARE AWESOME. I will go as far as saying you are the best writer on this forum. I have always enjoyed writing stories. It's been a hobby of mine for many years. Unfortunately for me it has been awhile since I wrote anything. I always thought I was good writer. After reading your stuff..it blows me away. I envy your skill. I bow to your superior talents. Keep up the great work. May the force be with you.

8. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    I'm so glad you guys are enjoying this! *lol* Pretty soon I'l have to think up another storyline
    Midday was just giving way to dusk as Qui-Gon reached the outskirts of the town. From the look of things, it was a rather simple, backwater town, sacrificing technology for the 'simple' life. Small houses outlined the town with the market in the center of the circle. From his viewpoint, he could see the hustle and bustle as patrons were pruchasing the last of what they would require for the day before they went home.

Obi-Wan had to be here. It was the only option that made sense. But how would he find him?

An idea dawned upon the Jedi Master, a trick he had tried before with his apprentice. Stilling his mind, he closed his eyes and concentrated, feeling the life Force pulsate all around him, drawing it in like a sponge, letting it suffuse his every molecule. He couldn't sense Obi-Wan's presence from where he was, but perhaps a Force 'pulse' would reach him? If Obi-Wan registered it and sent it back, he could more easily find his Padawan. But the odds were slim. He could be asleep and wouldn't register it, although Qui-Gon doubted it. Sometimes it seemed that Obi-Wan never slept; the boy was always brimming with concealed energy.

But of course, that was before he was infecte with the poison.

That random thought opened up Qui-Gon's fears and horrors once more. Obi-Wan couldn't register the Force shockwave if the poison had finished him.

Shaking his head, he once again silenced those horrfying thoughts. He would try first, and worry later.

Alive with the Force within him, he sent the pulse outward and waited in anxious anticipation.

"Good to see you, Alex," the Sheriff greeted as he waved the young man inside his office. "Come in, come in."

Obi-Wan walked into the office, glancing about. The Sheriff's office was rather well-furnished, a lavish cherry wood desk trimmed with platinum taking up most of the space. The walls were blanketed with fine tapestries. He took a seat in a chair in front of the ornate desk as Victor Crion took his place in his own chair.

"How are you feeling?" the Sheriff asked with a sympathetic smile.

Obi-Wan shook his head, sighing. "I've been better . . . at least I'm guessing I have been."

The Sheriff ran his hand through his stringy black hair and sat back in his chair with a small laugh. "I take it you don't remember much of your past life then."

The young Jedi was hesitant to tell Crion about the one thing he could remember: the dream. His mistrust of everyone now bordered on paranoia, but what else could he do? The Sheriff seemed to recognize him. Maybe he could enlighten on the life that Obi-Wan couldn't remember. So he took a deep breath and retold the story of the dream, of the strange electronic room that violently shook, of the strange black figure, and of the other man in sand-colored robes. The man that was keeping him from saving the life of Obi-Wan's friend.

The Sheriff listened intently and didn't so much as twitch until the young man told his tale.

"I don't understand it," Obi-Wan continued, "Maybe it is just a dream, but its all I can remember. Yet everywhere I look, I can't remember any of this. And if the dream is part of my past . . . " Suddenly he stilled. Out of nowhere, a strange feeling took hold of him. Almost like an unseen tidal wave, this strange feeling broke over him. Obi-Wan was at a loss to describe it! Some strange . . . force . . . had taken hold of him, filling him with both frightened anxiety and . . . familiarity? This weird sensation both scared and comforted him at the same time.

Quick to pick up on the young man's troubled expression, Victor rose from his chair. "Alex, are you alright?"

As if awakened from a dream, Obi-Wan gave a start and faced the Sheriff. "I-It's nothing," he lied, "I just . . . felt very strange for a moment."

Victor's eyes narrowed as he pondered the phenomenon shrewdly. He had seen that look before. He knew what it was. And now he knew where it was coming from.

He s

9. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jul 17, 1999
    WOW, once again! You are so talented; I'm jeaous! When you get your novel published you need to tell us all about it. I know that many people here (including myself) will be dying to read more of your fabulous work! Please, keep this story going, it is getting even better as it goes!

10. Gumbi Jedi

Jun 17, 1999
    I hate to be off topic, but is anyone else having trouble accessing page 9 of What if in Episode I? Chapter II thread?

11. Gumbi Jedi

Jun 17, 1999
    Never mind, it's working again. Let's just hope it stays that way *crosses fingers*.

12. Veridea

Veridea Jedi Youngling

May 26, 1999
    ...let's keep this one alive...up to the top!!!

Again, this is amazing stuff!!!!!

13. The Beef Chick

The Beef Chick Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 1999
    Lwyn'nya.
    You are my new hero. If I could have one wish, it would be to write like you. Now that I have that out of my system, I wanted to share a poem that reminded me of your story.

A heap of broken images, where the sun beats,
    And the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief,
    And the dry stone no sound of water. Only
    There is shadow under this red rock,
    (Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
    And I will show you something different from either
    Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
    Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
    I will show yoy fear in a handful of dust.
    -T.S Eliot
    "The Waste Lands"

14. The Beef Chick

The Beef Chick Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 1999
    Lwyn'nya.
    You are my new hero. If I could have one wish, it would be to write like you. Now that I have that out of my system, I wanted to share a poem that reminded me of your story.

A heap of broken images, where the sun beats,
    And the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief,
    And the dry stone no sound of water. Only
    There is shadow under this red rock,
    (Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
    And I will show you something different from either
    Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
    Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
    -T.S Eliot
    "The Waste Lands"

15. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    Okay, this story's dedicated to all you sweet readers out there

Qui-Gon banished logic to the wind. The pulse he had sent out had returned, but the biosignature was . . . different. It wasn't Obi-Wan, but Qui-Gon couldn't shake the familiarity that the Force brought upon him. He knew this being somehow. Or perhaps the poison in his protege's system had somehow altered his biosignature. Either way, he knew he had to act now. Even if he were to ignore the cryptic pulse wave he had received in return, he couldn't shake this strange feeling that this town generated. There was something severely wrong with this place.

The sun was setting, so the Jedi Master had to act fast. Pulling the hood of his cloak farther over him to conceal his face, he headed off for town.
    *********************************************Sorry, everybody, my 'literary energy' is drained for the evening, spent on my posts in "Bad writers unite" and "What if Episode 1 Chapter 2" I promise to post more tomorrow morning. But if you're looking for something to 'tide you over' till then, I highly recommend reading "What if Episode 1" Chapters 1 and 2. The compilation of writers on that thread are extraordinary!

16. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jul 17, 1999
    I wish I could write half as well as you do when your "literary energy" is drained! I will be anxiously awaiting more tomorrow!

17. Mrs. Sei-Jil Kenobi

Mrs. Sei-Jil Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 1999
    First of all, I'm just happy knowing that I'm not the only person out there who's addicted to the Jedi Apprentice series...second, Lwyn'nya---your story rocks!!! I love it! My #1 hobby since I was little has been writing stories,so usually I'm critical of other people's writing, but I think you're an awesome writer and I am totally engrossed in your story here!! Pleeeaassseee post the next part soon, I really wanna know what happens!!

P.S. As a 17 year old (Yes, I am 17 and I read the Jedi Apprentice books, and anyone who has a problem with that can discuss it with me and my lightsaber )I really appreciate that you made Obi a little older in your story...keep up the cool work!!

18. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    "What's this?"

Obi-Wan turned the cylindrical metal object over in his hand, examining it with a peculiar curiosity. The silver and black metal object at first appeared to be possibly a strut for a starship, or the turbine cylinder for a landspeeder, but Obi-Wan sensed there was something more to this than what met the eye.

Victor Crion leaned back in his chair. "It is a weapon known as a lightsaber, a sword created of pure light and energy. It is one of the deadiest weapons in existance. Go on. Activate it."

Obi-Wan stared at the metal object cynically. How could this useless metal cylinder possibly be the 'deadliest weapon in existance'? He then favored the dark-haired sheriff with the same cynical look. "I've never even seen one of these before in my life. How am I supposed to-"

"First off, don't think," Victor cut him off, a stern note in his voice, "Your mind is hindered due to your injuries. Follow your instincts. Don't think about it, just do."

Sighing, the young Jedi turned his attention back to the metal cylinder. He tried to imagine it being a sword, imagine a beam of light emitting from the top of the cylinder. Obi-Wan rolled the cylinder in his hand. There was almost something comforting in the way it felt so right in his hand. Maybe . . .

Without conscious thought, Obi-Wan's thumbed on the lightsaber and a crimson beam emitted. So stunned that he nearly dropped the sword, Obi-Wan stepped back, marveling at the lightsaber.

Victor Crion smiled to himself in triumph. He was betting that, while the young Jedi's memory was gone that simple muscle reaction would allow him to retain his lightsaber training. Perfect.

Obi-Wan experimented with the lightsaber for a bit, rolling the handle in his palm, taking a few practice swings.

"Good," the sheriff praised, "You are remembering."

Obi-Wan shook his head, "No, my memory is still hazy, but something just feels so . . . right. Like I've trained with this weapon nearly all my life." He looked up at the sheriff, "What does this mean?"

Victor Crion leaned forward in his chair, regarding Obi-Wan gravely. "The weapon you hold in your hand is the favored weapon of choice by a race known as the Jedi."

The name caused the young man's eyes to fly wide open. As if holding a live snake, he threw the lightsaber from him, the beam retracting before the sword even hit the ground.

The sheriff laughed at Obi-Wan's horrified reaction. This was almost too good to be true! It seemed that the boy had already been educated by the townspeople's predujice and hatred for the Jedi.

"I-I'm a Jedi?" Obi-Was asked, his fear apparent in his voice.

"No no, my friend," Victor Crion reassured him, "Let me tell you the real story of your life. You were raised here and were witness to the brutal slayings of the dark Jedi. I assume the townspeople have told you the story." The sheriff already knew the answer, but kept up the pretense. "Well, as you watched your friends and family horribly slained by this evil being, you vowed justice for your fallen dear ones. You vowed vengeance upon the cruel Jedi. You were going to avenge their heartless deaths!"

Obi-Wan glanced once more at the fallen lightsaber on the ground, feeling his blood boil and anger take him. His hatred for the Jedi consumed him in a blind rage. But even more starling was the tone of menace and hateful passion in the sheriff's voice; it put Obi-Wan's incessant sorrow and hatred to shame! Perhaps the sheriff had lost someone he loved in the brutal slayings as well.

Victor took a moment to compose himself and he continued. "That very night, you went to your now-empty home," Inwardly, Crion smiled to watch the sea of angry emotion on the young Jedi's face at his carefully planned words. Each syllable of his soliloqy was fueling the fire within the young Jedi. He continued without missing a beat, "For hours you grieved for your fallen love ones, but by morning you had completed your plan for justice. The townspeople feared the Jedi's awesome power; they would not be able to avenge their own fallen loved ones. And so you fashio

19. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jul 17, 1999
    Eeek! I don't like this! It is still a great story, but I hate to see Xanatos manipulating poor ol' Obi-Wan!

20. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    Don't fret You know what they say, 'the bigger they are, the harder they fall'? Well in this case, 'the harder the hero falls to darkness, the stronger he will come back and stand to light.'

21. Bria Tharen

Bria Tharen Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 1999
    OK, Lwyn'nya Kenobi admit it, youre a professional writer...aren't you, you have to tell me what other books youve written, cause I waanna read them

22. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    Bria,

Truthfully? . . . No, I'm not a professional writer. I just hope to be one someday. I've got a sci-fi/fantasy/horror/romance trilogy that I'm working on and hope to get published soon But thanks for your raving reviews! I'll try to add some more tonight when I get home

23. Kai Jinn Kenobi

Kai Jinn Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 1999
    Lwyn'nya, I repeating myself but I must say this again - you are incredible!
    Please write more when you can.

24. Bria Tharen

Bria Tharen Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 1999
    You have some potential!

25. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    'Hey everybody! Do me a favor! Click on the URL below. It'll bring up the music to a song that I think will go well to bring about the mood of this part of the story. Listen to the music while you read, and let's see if it adds to the mystery and feeling a bit
    http://saga.kalix.net/midi2/november_guns_n_roses.mid http://saga.kalix.net/midi2/november_guns_n_roses.mid

or
    http://www.nmol.com/users/platoink/moonsont.mid http://www.nmol.com/users/platoink/moonsont.mid

Let me know what you guys think of this idea. I'm thinking of using it in the "What if Podracer" story and possibly "What if Episode 1" threads. Music always helps to heighten the mood of a story.'

The dark blanket of night overlay the town. A handful of stars were thrown into the sky like a fistful of sand tossed by a small child. The air was cool, but a chill moved stealthily through the night atmosphere, the kind you couldn't feel if you were standing still, but the second you moved it sprung upon you like an unseen assailant.

Kali always loved the nighttime, loved the romantic feel of the warm nights where the light of the moon shined almost as brightly as the sun itself. But this night was darkly different. This night, with its lack of comforting moonlight, and the subtle iciness of the air, was unlike death itself.

Perhaps that was what brought her here this night.

In a numb trance, the young woman walked slowly to her destination. Around the
    outskirts of the town she walked, her steps even and her pace consistent, heading to the darker part of town that not many people ventured to, or even mentioned for that matter. It was the festering, cancerous, lesion on the body of the town, the kind that bled and burned even after being treated. It was the hideous scar on the face of the community, which no amount of powder or scarves could conceal. It was the bitter truth behind the sweet white lies.

The graveyard.

"Your family is dead!!"

The memory of the young Jedi's words haunted her like a ghost as she made her
    journey.

The graveyard itself was offset of the town, hidden back far where most people wouldn't see. No one wanted to be reminded of the incredible sorrow, pain, helplessness, and loss that they all had suffered that black day. After about a month after the incident, no one dared venture to the graveyard. Not out of some childish fear, but they all just didn't want to be reminded of what they lost that day. Instead, they chose to hide their loss and sorrow under their sheer animosity and pure hatred for the Jedi, their vengeance taking
    precedence. As if, by simply choosing to forget it ever happened, they could
    somehow make that day never exist. And their family and friends would be home, waiting for them as if nothing had happened.

It had almost worked for Kali.

"Your family is dead!!"

Kali slowly entered the graveyard, a large circular clearing bordered large aspen pines. But it seemed that the trees held reverence for the dead, even if the townspeople had chosen to forget their loss. The trees themselves were corpses. Nothing grew in this area. The grass were long brownish blades. The trees were twisted and bowing. Everything in this area showed the force of death
    and decay. Only the black, ornate headstones showed any resistance to the doom. They stood tall and strong, each of varying height and shape.

There were too many of them.

Kali slowly approached these, still locked in the trance that had brought her here. In her hands was a small glowstick that lit her way. The moon decided to follow the cowardly way of the people; it hadn't even shown up tonight, leaving her to face this alone.

"Your family is dead!!"

The entire way there, Kali kept futilely thinking that she would journey here to
    Death's clearing and not find her family there. She would prove the mean Jedi wrong! Her family would return home soon and she'd show him!

But the second she stepped foot upon the holy ground, her mind went blank. Thoughtlessly, she slowly set the glowstick upon one of the nearer heads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.