main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Recreating a Jedi" (A Jedi Apprentice add-on fanfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lwyn'nya Kenobi, Jul 1, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    Congratulations, Lwynn'na, this was really a great and touching story...
    I'm jumping on the other one right now !

2. Mrs. Sei-Jil Kenobi

Mrs. Sei-Jil Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 1999
    Hey Lwyn'nya, that was an awesome story. If you ask me, it was better than the books, and I can't wait to start reading the next one!! You really are talented! You go girl.

3. padawanmac

padawanmac Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 1999
    Hi! I don't know if you're gonna see this since the story is finished but...
    That was fantastic! You have such a gift and I can't wait to read your next ones! I'm glad that finally someone decided to write about the personal relationship between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Really good stuff!

- padawanmac.

p.s - Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I've been pretty busy!

4. Master Peael

Master Peael Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 1999
    BROVO!!
    that was wonderful!!!

5. Jaro

Jaro Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 1999
    Up!

Just thought I'd bring it up for all the new Lwyn'nya fans...

6. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    Coolness, a heretofore unread-by-me Lwyn'nya thread! I need to sleep NOW (stupid biology, grrrr) but hopefully this little boink up to the top'll keep it from disappearing before I can get to it.

7. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Lwyn`nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 1999
    Hiroko ~

You haven't read this one?

This is the first one I've done!

8. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Oh boy!! read for the first time over the past half-an-hour. Cool! Thankyou!

Boy, that was good. I'm glad someone brought it back up!

see ya
    Kithera

9. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Lwyn'nya, that is a beautiful story. You write very well. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would also like to invited everyone to read my thread, The Truth about Beginnigs. I know, it's shameless self-promotion, but I still enjoy getting comments from people.

10. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 1999
    The old classic is back! I remember reading this when it was being written *sniff* it was so long ago. *wipes away tear of nostalga*

11. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    I only started reading JA around Faces of the Enemy era. Which story also ruled, btw.

Woohoo! Hey, I like this story. *belated Huzzah-ing*

12. Wedge33

Wedge33 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2000
    Why doesn't anyone ever post films in RealVideo format? Using RealProducer, you can make a downloadable, high quality file (it's not streaming; you d/l the whole file then it plays). There is very minimal quality loss and since the file is totally d/l'ed, there's no buffering or anything like that. The compression ratio is super high, too. I compressed a 262 meg file down to 20 megs with very minimal quality loss. What's the deal? Does everyone just plain hate RealVideo?

13. mbrannon

mbrannon Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2000
    I use RealMedia and Windows Media on a Weird Al site of mine.. They are both good (Windows Media comes out on top, though)

I agree, movies should be offered in RM, or WM.

14. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    I just plain hate realVideo and RealAudio. Unfortunately, for audio there isn't much choice. But for video there is. (Main reason: REALnetworks cookies your system with th eplayer and has all of your liketening viewing practices recorded for "marketing reasons" Second reason: tinny sound. Third reason: Though quality loss is minimal, the visual patterns the compression produces are distinctive and annoying. My 2c).

15. Avene

Avene Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    Real Audio and Video don't work on Windows 2000 yet. They just freeze everything.

16. mbrannon

mbrannon Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2000
    Well.. they should be OFFERED in either RM or WM.. not be the ONLY choice of course..

17. Dune Turn Gunner

Dune Turn Gunner Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 1999
    So, how long have any of you been using 3D packages, what did you start with, what are you using now and why? Just in your spare time or do you have ambitions for employment/ do you work with CG?

18. Jedi Jew

Jedi Jew Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2000
    I started with Ray Dream 3 (easy but limited). Then i moved up to Truespace 1,2,3 (very easy, maybe to easy. dont like the renderer and somewhat limited). Then came MAX 1,2,3 (somewhat easy. feature pact. you can do just about anything with it and its plug-ins). Light Wave 4 and 5 ( HARD TO LEARN! great program. full of stuff. incredible renderer. ) I pretty much use LW, MAX, and MAYA now. Maya is prob top of the line next to SoftImage.

Ive been using 3D programs for around ten years or so. I do it for fun. I dont think i could ever do what they do in movies or TV. But i dont care. Its alot of fun.

19. Dune Turn Gunner

Dune Turn Gunner Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 1999
    I'm curently at Uni doing Computer Studies. I'm doing a module at the moment called Digital Entertainment which is mainly about 3D graphics. We've been left to learn a lot on our own really, but I've learned a fair bit recently having acquired (in a game of chance) a copy of Max 3.1. I find the interface much better than 2.5, which is what we use at Uni. I've also done a bit of Realimation, but I found that much more awkward than Max.

If you just doing it for fun, how d'you get to use Maya? I think we start on it sometime next academic year, and I'd love to get hold of a copy as I'd like to work in CG after I graduate.

20. Master Lurker

Master Lurker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2000
    If Lwy'n won't save this, the Master Lurker will!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.