main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO Recruiting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LukeSkiewalker, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Yet another topic no one wants to talk about...

Obivously we all get along (most of the time) great. And I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we all enjoy each others comapany. However, I think it is about time we start broadening our horizons and start telling everyone the good news: KC has an Official FanForce.

So...how do we go about doing this?

At the meeting I mentioned having our meetings listed in community based FREE magazines. Those of you who get the mail from the mailbox know what I'm talking about. The "junk mail" that has articles about the area, coupons, and events aould be a great place to list our meetings. Most of these publications don't charge anything to be listed in the events section. Actually I am almost positive KC Star will list events for free in the Preview section on fridays also. So be on the look out for these publications. If you don't feel comfortable contacting them, PM me with the info and I will.

Ideas? Suggestions?

MTFBWY

2. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    i'm seeing about getting a few people I know to come to the next meeting, so they can get a general idea, and they might join.

3. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    i have a friend who wants to join... but she doesn't want to go to a meeting if i'm not there... and i won't be able to go for a while... :(

4. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    To WarmasterDan & Clonedmenance....

Why don't you have them post in our forum?

That way they can get to know us.

5. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    my friend is rarely online... she doesn't even check her email... yeah it's tragic. lol

6. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    Luke, I'm going to see about them joining here when I talk to them next time.

and warn them of OPPM.

7. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Not to sound stupid what is OPPM exactly?

8. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    It's the One Post Per Minute rule. If a regular user tries to make more than one post in a 60 second period, they get an error screen.

VIP's and above don't have that restriction.

~H~

9. Orli_Bloom_fan

Orli_Bloom_fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2003
    Well, Sammi (the girl I brought last time) recently signed up, i don't know why she hasn't posted. I know my two next door neighbors would like to be members, but they couldn't make it to any of the meetings, and I'm trying to bring another girl to this next one. (IF i come, i may be gone)

10. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Good to here this guys....

Can you all think of something we can do as a group to try to attract more people to our little part of the galaxy?

11. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Make up some flyers, posters, business cards, etc. When you do any sort of event (a line-up, a charity event, etc), hand them out and/or leave them where people can find them. Go to any kind of Cons that KC has and find the freebee table, put stacks and stacks of flyers on this table with a big, eye-catching something on there so people will pick it up and want to find out what you guys are all about. Try to get a table at the con to advertise your group if you have enough people to man it.

Just some suggestions. You can post on the CR board and they will give you all sorts of suggestions about recruiting. I'd join you there, but I'm no longer CR of my fanforce ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.