Recruitment Drive

Discussion in 'Midlands and Wales' started by rebeljediknight_88, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    Anyone have any ideas for a recruitment drive??
  2. Tay-Mar Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not sure how we're going to handle this at the moment Dave, I would like to think that we're going to establish the core group and move forward from there, as I and Mark have said on many occasions 'we need to learn how to walk before we try to run' but I'm sure the CR will be open to ideas and sugestions regarding recruitment.
  3. jangofett9 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah also think our recruitment drives will be at memorabilia and signatopia....there the main ones buddy...dont think we are going to attract people by standing on a high street handing out flyers!
  4. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    However, finding local comic/toy shops that have Star Wars in them and putting up a poster/flyer is a popular way of increasing attendance.
  5. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    great idea chief!

my brother is a graphic designer. i will use an old jedi mind trick and rope him into helping out with this. dont know why i haven`t thought of this before.

anyone got any ideas on what to put on the flyer (apart from the obvious)? and also we could do with a delegation to approach these places, there are a couple in birmingham CITY ( ;) ) centre i can think of.

P.S. this would involve a logo and strap-line, so do we have a concrete agreement on one yet?
  6. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    just spoke to little bro. he says it should be a piece of cake to knock up a flyer. just depends on what we want on it. i take it we will use the regional variation of Jairens logos, found here .we will need to put on it a web address too, along with a brief description of who we are and what we do, (nothing too detailed, dont want to scare people! :p ).

anything else required that we need to put on the flyer? suggestions please.

its my understanding that you can use star wars images as long as you dont make a profit from it, so i will speak to little bro and throw some ideas round, see what comes out of the melting pot.

the only remaining thing would be funding. anyone know a good printer? i figure we should start small and build up, so a run of about 75-100 flyers to start?

the ball is rolling people..................
  7. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    o.k. you know that picture "your country needs you"? this one? . if we change the head and hands to vader`s, and the script to "your chapter needs you", and include the logo i mentioned earlier, what would you all think?
    have some text on it too about being a regional star wars fan force, and maybe advertising the next meet (star city 7th august, 6pm), that way people could come and see what we are all about.

not sure of the web address to put on it, dont want it to be too confusing and long winded; having to put on it e.g. - "go to theforce.net, go to forums, go to regional discussion, then midlands chapter" sort of thing. any ideas on this front will be appreciated.

off work sick today. far too much time on my hands!! :D
  8. To_Mega_Therion Jedi Knight

star 3
    If you wanted to be sneaky, you could register the forum's address as a TK address, and just list that on the poster to bring people directly here... [face_whistling]

And "TK"? How fitting... [face_alien_1]

Just a suggestion... ;)
  9. jangofett9 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah nice idea phil didnt think of that! that big comic shop in middle of bham would be ideal n I know the guys in there!
  10. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    i knew i said something for a reason!
    we are going for it now!
    we will concour the world then the galaxy then the universe lol lol lol
  11. trinitytrashuk Jedi Padawan

How about coming along to the Star Wars day at the National Space Centre and recruiting?

We have a space available (no pun intended) at no cost, so if you can make it why not come and promote the region?

12. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    i already hoping to attend with jango toys so i could do that at the same time!
  13. jangofett9 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hum this is begginning to smell real fishy............a post about something in three threads?!!! God I really don't know how people can digest SPAM!!!
  14. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    get ur factws right this is 4 katie
  15. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Where does it say that? Please tell me so I can call Kathy & Al and let them know someone is fundraising on Katie's behalf.

16. jangofett9 Force Ghost

star 4
    It doesn't say it mate.....hes making it up.....on the official website it says all proceeds go to children in need.....dave please get your facts right as your going to upset alot of people on here.....
  17. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    its true and my facts are right. y dont u find out 4 urselves??
  18. jangofett9 Force Ghost

star 4
    Already have found out for myself.........all proceeds from the day go to children in need!
  19. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Thanks for checking, Tom.

Be aware, anyone caught fraudulently collecting donations on Katie's behalf will be dealt with to the fullest extent of the law (US & UK). The same goes for false advertising.
  20. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    OK, this stops in this thread too. David, Tom, I'm fed up of you too always at each other's throats. I'm going to contact each of you individually and Mark too to keep an eye on this.

Joe, please accept my apologies for anything regarding Katie that has been mis-represented. I will deal with this.
  21. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    this has been cleared up in the leicester day thread and i was correct and im not having a got at tom. he just has a narrow minded view of things.
  22. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4

And that's not "having a go" is it David. Enough. Or you will be taking a time out.
  23. TK0282 Jedi Knight

Recruitment drive idea for you,

if anyone is coming to the Space Centre event you are more than welcome to come to Our Photo Stand and give out flyers etc The Photo Stand is always very busy and i hope this event will be no exception.

Also the RPB will be there and they will also be more than happy for you to hand out flyers there also

Im interested to know in what capacity you will be helping Janco Toys
  24. jangofett9 Force Ghost

star 4
    Nice idea buddy and I'm sure that everyone else really appreciates your generous offer. It's nice to see established groups such as the UKG helping out up and coming group and just shows what being a star wars fan is all about.
    I do not think I am coming to this event....just have way too much going on.....man I hate my busy lifestyle....getting up at midday and trying to find a way to waste the day away.....ahhh these are the days...
    It's just with memorabilia and the 501st ball just don't think I can do it....plus I remember how bad it was just trying to find big J's house!
  25. trinitytrashuk Jedi Padawan

Again, apologies... This was an honest offer guys, not a sales pitch.

If you want a free stand (and free entry to those working on the stand) to promote your group they the offer still stands!

Other than that, just make yourselves known on the day (I will also be doing the headless chicken act with Simon!) and we can chat about other ways of working together in the future.

I am not the heartless person you take me for (honest!)

Trinx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.