main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Recruitment of new members in "real life."

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LaBelleDameSansMerci, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaBelleDameSansMerci

LaBelleDameSansMerci Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    I work at a bookstore. From time to time, I encounter groups of Star Wars fans(generally clad in SW shirts or loitering around the Star Wars section) stealthily descend upon them, and spread the gospel of TFN. I practically DEMAND that they join the Tucson Fan Force, and inform them of the meetings(what fun!).

Do any of you have similar experiences in your life outside of the internet?

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    yes. most definitely.. I do this at IHOP where I work as a server on graveyard shift.

3. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    When I had cards for the TFF I used to give them out and tell folks to come join us. (Vows to look for diskette with the old card on it).

4. Jamesmorbidia

Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    I've told a few people in passing.Some seemed excited and eager to come...but it could have just been an act to apease me and have me leave em alone 8-}

5. Synsaber

Synsaber Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    Nope. A reclusive personality coupled with a reclusive career will do that though! However, now that I'm one of LBDSM's "converted"...I suppose I must do what I can to spread the...infection :D

SMR

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    go out and conquer [face_hypnotized]

7. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Being that I'm a professional geek (Computer/IT tech.) Anytime I bring up anything Star Wars I always get the same response. "Yea, figures"
    Like last Halloween,. I came is with my home made lightsaber hilt and my jedi outfit, walking around the campus I got hysterical laughs. Apparently I was feeding to the stereo type of a computer tech. Total sci-fi geek also.
    So I can try but it kind of backfires on me.

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I think it is wonderful that there are those of us in the world today that are brave enough to not hide our love of sci-fi and Star Wars.. it is the ones that are too embarrassed to join us that I feel sorry for.

Sad to think that people feel it is more hip to own up to doing drugs than to own up to being a Star Wars Geek. Long live the Star Wars Geeks I say!!

9. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    That goes into what Ive always said. I'm not doing drugs, drinking and driving, cheating on whomever I'm with, etc, etc.... I'm watching, collection, reading, or whatever Star Wars and not hurting anyone.

A nice and safe hobby.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
  11. LaBelleDameSansMerci

LaBelleDameSansMerci Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Wow, I have converted people? ; )

12. Jamesmorbidia

Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    OMG you are Palpatines other half....eep!

13. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    ...not a bad place to be..;)

I have always used the "If you enjoy your passion..give in to the Dark Side" recruitment speech.

14. Corvis_E_Mortdelem

Corvis_E_Mortdelem Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2005
    I am the brother of JM. Nice to type at you all. I am the gamer geek. I will hopefully make it to the Aug. 6th meeting with a friend of mine. I know all things dealing with table tp RPGs, and other asourtment of the occult.

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    we look forward to having your joining us. :)

16. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Most of the time when I bring it up people think it's kinda weird but a good wholesum idea.

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    now that's a reply months in the making ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.