recurring themes in star wars?

Discussion in 'Miami, FL' started by __Trips, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. __Trips Jedi Youngling

star 2
    alright, so this is like a game.
    pick the first, second, or third installment in either of the Triolgys.
    [TPM,AOTC,ROTS]
    [ANH, ESB,ROTJ]
    And name some recurring events , situations, e.c.t that you observed, no matter how small or how obdvious.
    Ponder And post, eh?

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/qeldon/X-wing.bmp]
    PONDER.
  2. Darth_Santos Jedi Knight

star 3
    I consider this one very small, and I've had it in my mind for some time now:

In AotC, Obi-Wan is riding on the passenger side of a car-thing next to Anakin (when they were chasing Zam).

In ANH, Obi-Wan is riding on the passenger's side next to Luke when they are entering Mos Eisley, or where ever.
  3. DarthKoRnRawker Jedi Youngling

star 1
    How bout "Here's where the fun begins" by Han Solo in ANH and then "This is where the fun begins" by Anakin Skywalker in ROTS.
  4. __Trips Jedi Youngling

star 2
    not the same installments ;) but good observation.

here are two..

In Episode I & IV, the main protagonist helps win a battle at the end of the film (Anakin destroys the Trade Federation Droid Control Ship, Luke destroys the Death Star).

In Episode I & IV, an award ceremony is held with the heroine of each trilogy (Padme, Leia) giving the award.
  5. DarthKoRnRawker Jedi Youngling

star 1
    About the main hero taking out an enemy ship in space at the end of the first installment in both trilogies. You can also say that there is a land battle in the 2nd act of each trilogy. Geonosis for AOTC and Hoth for ESB. Also a big space battle in the 3rd act of each trilogy. Coruscant in ROTS and Endor in ROTJ.

How bout this one??? After Anakin is cut down by Obi-Wan and is lying by the lava river, Sidious comes and touches his forehead. In ANH after Luke is knocked out by the Tusken Raiders, Obi-Wan comes and touches his forehead.
  6. __Trips Jedi Youngling

star 2
    ooh my, nice ones.
    Some more are In the second part of each trilogy (Episodes II & V), the main protagonists both see visions of loved one(s) in danger: Luke- Han, Leia and the rest of his friends; Anakin- His mother. Both protagonists also abandon their duty (Luke-jedi training; Anakin-protecting Padme) and go off in attempt to save his loved one(s).And In the second part of each trilogy (Episodes II & V), the main protagonist suffers the loss of his right hand (Anakin, Luke).At the end of the middle episodes in the trilogy (Episodes II & V), the main protagonist (Anakin in II, Luke in V) puts his arm around the main female character (Padme in II, Leia in V) beside the two droids R2D2 and C-3PO.In the third part of each trilogy (Episodes III & VI), Palpatine encourages Anakin and Luke to finish off their defeated opponents.
    my brain hurts.
  7. cloneleia Jedi Youngling

well this doesn't match perfectly as it pertains to ep II aotc and ep IV anh, but in both films, while the main charcters are in a strange bar/cantina, obi-wan cuts off an alien's arm to protect anakin/luke.
  8. __Trips Jedi Youngling

star 2
    i hadnt noticed that one, nicee.
  9. DarthKoRnRawker Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Here's some other ones...

In the first act of each trilogy we have the death of a mentor. Qui-Gon in TPM and Obi-Wan in ANH.

Also the 2nd act of each trilogy seems to be more focused on a love story then the acts preceding or following that act. In AOTC it was Padme and Anakin's love story and in ESB it was Leia's and Han's.
  10. Im_but_a_padawan Jedi Youngling

seven words found in each film...

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

come on now...

no?
    not good enough?
    doesn't count?
    ok.
  11. maxgarciach Jedi Youngling

ep iii the wookies vs the federation and ep vi the rebels vs the empire, tecnology vs courage in both episodes
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.