main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Red 5- Calgary Fire Dept.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by red-dwarf, Nov 20, 2011.

1. red-dwarf

red-dwarf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 22, 2009
    Having spoken to 5 people over the last 2 months I am amazed at the fact that it is actually impossible to talk to someone at the fire hall (airport) where they have call sign 'red 5'. They are all SW fans and even have the rebel logo on their helmets.

The best I have been able to do is get another message to them today (indirectly).

The problem is, I can't visit the fire hall as it is in the airport, there is no public phone number available, and no public email.
    You'd think I was a terrorist. And anyone you speak to at City Hall doesn't understand what I'm talking about, they think I'm some kind of kook.
    Anyway, found a woman today who knows SW and even knows about the Red 5 callsign. So she's getting a message to the detachment. If I hear back I hope we can get together etc, maybe even get a ride in Red 5 and increase our memebership.
    I'll keep you posted.

Vinny Kenobi

2. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Keep up the great work Vinny. I'm sure you'll get a hold of them sooner or later.

3. red-dwarf

red-dwarf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 22, 2009
    No comeback as of yet.
    Does anyone have a friend in the fire dept?
    Vinny

4. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Can't believe I didn't think of this before - but I actually have two friends whose husbands are firefighters :oops:

One is out of town unti the new year - I'll try contacting the other and see what I can find out!