main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary RED 5 Collectibles is fully operational

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Yes, it is now official - RED 5 Collectibles will open its doors tomorrow. After many months of hard work my goal/dream is finally a reality so I would like to invite everyone to come stop by tomorrow and check it out. I'll have tons of Star Wars figures to choose from along with some other lines like Nightmare before Christmas and McFarlane toys. So here's the info for everyone:

RED 5 Collectibles
    2915 Richmond Rd SW
    Tel: 240-3334
    Hours of operation: Monday - Saturday 10AM to 8PM, Sunday 12PM to 6PM
    Note - Interac is not yet set-up, will be before grand opening.

I will be planning a grand opening for the store on Saturday, November 12th 2005. So I'll be in touch with some of the heads of both FanForce and 501st. Cause I would love to have some costumed fans down for the opening. So look for advertising in the next week or so and I look forward to seeing everyone soon.

Thanks
    Ryan Dooks
    Owner - RED 5 Collectibles

2. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    =D= Congratulations! It is awsome that you have reached your goal and I wish you the best of luck! I look forward to seeing your new store.[face_pumpkin]

3. BH-7113

BH-7113 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Great to hear Ryan!!!
    Looking forward to seeing the store...
    Just in time for X-Mas...[face_thinking]

4. SithatHeart

SithatHeart Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Congratulations! (I feel poorer already)

5. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Woot! Glad to hear it Ryan! Best of luck!

6. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    DrHaggis and I will drop by tomorrow after work to check it out! This is so exciting, Ryan! I'm sure the entire group is very proud that it's "one of us" who finally gets to live his dream! We're thrilled!

7. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    Best wishes to you Ryan :)

8. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Do you carry power converters? I need to pick some up.:p

Huge congrats Ryan! =D=

9. alexandertrooper1

alexandertrooper1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    well myself I've been over to the store twice already and it looks really good. I can't wait to stop by again tomorrow and pick some stuff up.

10. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Congrats Ryan!! On Opening "The UnOfficial Hang Out of the Fan Force."

Can't wait to come by and see it.

Ryan

11. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Cool Beans!
    Can't wait to come down and check it all out!
    Congrats!

12. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Impressive. Most Impressive. You're our new Jedi (toy) Master!
    Congrats Ryan! =D=

13. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Nov 12 grand opening?!?! Sweet, I'm in town that day for a wedding and reception. I wonder if the timing would work out that I could stop by for a bit (in costume?). I will be unavailable from mid-afternoon onward.

What time are you planning to have things get underway?

14. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    I should have details later on this week so stay tuned.

15. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Since you told me about putting an ad in The Gauntlet here at UofC, I thought I'd let you know it comes out every thursday, so you'll at least get a couple days notice in there before the grand opening. The website is http://gauntlet.ucalgary.ca I won't be able to make it to the grand opening since I'm going home that weekend, but have fun.

16. RogueNine-

RogueNine- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2005
    dunno if Id be able to attend.. but I dont have a full get up anyways.

and srry for the OT but what faculty you in shatir?

17. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Don't worry about not having full gear, you are still welcome to come out and meet everyone! I think it is still midterms for some, so I can understand that your weekends are not totally free.

18. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Rogue9, I'm in Sociology. How about you PM me about UofC stuff so we don't change the thread.

19. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    RogueNine - If school is holding you back from coming to events, that's one thing (and we completely understand), but don't let lack of Jedi Gear stop you from coming to any of these events. We're always glad to hang out with other members, whether in costume or not! This would be a great chance for us to get to know you a bit better.

Also, this event is more about supporting Red 5 than about being in costume. We just look for any opportunity to suit-up, and what a better way to draw attention to the store than to make a spectacle of ourselves? :cool:

Dooks - I posted on the LiveJournal Calgarians Community about your store, and there was a very positive response. People are interested in the "Grand Opening". Do we have any more information about that? Time? Special Events?

20. RogueNine-

Oct 29, 2005
    Hey Dooks, are you planning on (attempting) to stock Force FX sabers? Would be cool to have a place locally where we could have a sure fire way of finding them, even if they were a bit more expensive...

21. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Thanks for the post on the live journal because I had a couple come in today and pick up some stuff. And when I asked how they heard of the shop they mentioned it so a big thanks on that one. As for details I'll try and have everything in place by Monday at the latest. As for the FX sabers I'll be looking into getting these in asap so I'll keep everyone posted.

On a side note I want to thanks everyone in the fanforce for there overwhelming support. I was truely touched when Dr.Haggis and Vertiate(hope I spelled that right)gave me the plaque and card from the fanforce. I want people to know this is a shop run by a fan for the fans and I would like to hold the meetings there if at all possible. So again just a big thanks to everyone for there support.

Dooks

P.S.= The thank you also goes out to the 501st aswell I'll be in touch.

22. RogueNine-

Oct 29, 2005
    Just for clarification, your not open on saturdays? Was thinking about coming in tomarrow but if your not open then I guess not, rofl

23. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Open Mon-Sat 10AM - 8PM and Sun 12PM - 6PM so come on down.

24. RogueNine-

Oct 29, 2005
    Nice little establishment you got going there bud. Was in earlier with a friend but unfortunately im poor so I didnt pick anything up. Just a Q tho, how are ya gonna fit a bunch of Jedi in there on sat? Or is everyone gonna be out front?

25. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Oh, it'll work, it'll work. Dooks, would you mind posting when you get the 501st clones in? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.