curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    "THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE"

i dont know if this has been posted i dont have time to look but here it is .its in issue #62 of insider will this happen in the fateful duel of ob1 and anakin or mace ?

red crystals are ordinarily unsuitable for lightsabers,since they are less stable than the customary green and blue crystals jedi use for the blade generators in their lightsabers.

however ,red crystals glow in harmonic vibration when energized by the dark side of the force .when energized in this way ,red "sith"crystals can actually produce a stronger blade that ha sthe rare potential to " break the blade" of a jedi lightsaber , overloading the energy matrix and instantly burning out the saber of th eunfortunate opponet. this rarley happens, but it is a know and frightening possibilty in combat .

2. Darth_Sacrilicious

Darth_Sacrilicious Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    i always thought something like that was happening in the original, but i didn't have an explaination. it would be cool if anakin could turn off the jedi's lightsabers or render them helpless some how and kill them easily. It would make him look very powerful.

3. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Interesting theory. I have read about those red blades before...in the visual dictionary I believe. But I doubt it will happen. When Anakin/Vader kills his first Jedi(Probably Mace or Dooku if you consider Dooku a Jedi) it will be an act of pure hatred and evil and underhandedness, but will probably show off his skill as well.

4. --Darth_Vader--

--Darth_Vader-- Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2003
  5. SHADOW_KILL

SHADOW_KILL Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2001
    If the red blade "breaks" a jedi's blade, would the jedi's blade still be able to function normally? Would the "broken" part of the blade just fizzle out once it's disconnected, or would the whole lightsaber just explode because the energy got messed up? The blade isn't exactly solid, so you would think (or maybe it's just me) that the jedi could just re-ignite the saber and it would function if it didn't malfunction.

Lightsabers are just too weird! Cool, but weird.

6. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    The entire saber would mess up. The blade doesn't actually break apart, the power cell just short circuits.

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    It was really cool in one of the recent issues of SW: Republic; when facing two Super Droids, Anakin controlled them with the Force, so that they faced each other and fired on each other, simultaneously destroying each other.

That was a clever and powerful use of the Force by Anakin.

I'd also like to see him switch off a lightsaber in the middle of a fight, but I suppose that kind of fine detail is hard to do in the middle of a duel.

Or having 2 Jedi playing "force tug-of-war" with a saber or something else.

Anyway, seeing a lightsaber blade short out would be cool.

8. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    that was some use of force by anakin

9. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Speking of lightsabres and the Force, why dun a Jedi just use the Force to mess up a lightsabre from its inside.. u know, turn the handle inside-out. Disfigure the configuration.

10. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    You know how much concentration that would take? Now imagine trying to focus that hard on the inside of a lightsaber hilt as Darth Maul comes flying towards you swinging madly.

Bad idea.

11. Darth_Sacrilicious

Darth_Sacrilicious Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    but that's why it would make anakin look like such a bad ass if he could do that.

12. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    LOL... Yup, I would want to see THE CHOSEN ONE do something magnificent for once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.