main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Red Dead Redemption -- Discussion for Rockstar's romp in the Wild West

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Vassago, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    This is the easiest way I found: www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD9yv6UKfws

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I think I did that one on Tesoro Azul (there's plenty armed targets there). All it requires is a bit of patience, plenty of Dead Eye juice and making sure you target arms and weapons only.

3. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    So, this is sort of a dumb question but what makes the meter 'reset'? I was doing the previous challenge where you have to get six animals without reloading and I ended up just leaving my gun drawn because when it got put away, it seemed to 'reset' my score so I had to start over. I assume I can still take cover while trying to disarm and just take my time?

4. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    That happened many times to me as well so I looked up what you have to do: Use only those weapons with the largest magazine size (the Evans Repeater and the Mauser pistol). Before starting the challenge, shoot any of those, counting the bullets fired before you have to reload. That oughta give you an idea of how many "tries" you have available with each weapon. IIRC if you holster your weapon it counts as a reload and the challenge meter is reset.

5. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Whew, got it! It was on a really small bounty mission too. Fortunately, I was able to hide behind a rock and all the outlaws just gathered around me. Most of them kept picking up their guns so they counted double.

6. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I wasn't even aware of the challenges until late in the game, about halfway through the Blackwater missions. So I'm at about level 5 on each of the four challenges right now.

7. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    I just shot up a bunch of people in Thieves Landing in order to get the 500 kill pistol achievement. Any advice on an easy way to get the 500 stationary weapon kills?

8. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Replaying missions that have a mounted weapon won't do it, they don't count towards your overall total for some reason (this may have been fixed in a patch, I'm not sure). My suggestion would be to start a private free roam session and head to El Presidio, where there are several cannons and a gatling gun. Alert the authorities and start mowing them down/blowing them up as they come. I had a friend with me to help keep things from getting too hot (they do tend to flank you). It took a while, but both of us eventually got it. It's worth noting that any mounted weapon kills you've accumulated in the campaign don't count here. You either get 500 offline or 500 online, they don't combine unfortunately. One of the more tedious achievements to get, and that's the quickest method I know of.

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    This. Same thing I did. One prolognued session or two at el Presidio or el Matadero oughta do it. The achievement description is a bit misleading since offline and online kill counts do not combine.

10. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Thanks. I'm off to grind for a few hours!

11. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I really want to play this game again, but every time I boot it up and I see there's no fix for the nagging, annoying, unacceptable, stupid bounty-poster glitch, I just go back to my Dashboard. C'mon Rockstar... [face_plain]

12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I hear your pain, but is it so unacceptable to simply start over?

13. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I plan to play again when they release the new skins for Marston. If worse come to worse, I'll just go from there. But a patch would be nice considering I'm like 3% away from 100.

14. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I haven't played it since forcing myself to grind through the atrocious DLC pack. Not that it isn't still the greatest modern video game I've played, but the way Rockstar is supporting it is so discouraging.

15. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    So I was more than a little ticked off to find out that in order to get 100% on the game you have to have the Deadly Assassin Outfit that was only available on pre-order. Well, I didn't preorder it! Argh.

16. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Really? That's pretty bad.

17. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    I was stuck at 99.6% so I made sure to get a profit in all the games which was the last thing I thought I was missing. Everything else I've done. Then I go online and double check and all the 100% achievement guides say you must have that outfit. Grrr.

18. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Frankly, that disgusts me. Preordering isn't even necessary to get a game on release day and the fact that they are literally forcing you to do it to fully experience the game is enough to make me stop buying Rockstar games altogether, no matter how good they are. :mad: :mad: :mad:

19. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    No, that's not true. I never pre-ordered my game, and I have 100% on my save file. So wherever you heard that from, they were full of crap.

20. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Same here, I hit 100% with no problems.

21. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Correct. The Deadly Assassin outfit does not count for 100% completion. In all likelihood that .04% you're missing comprises a bounty location you've not done, a property you've not bought or even an animal you've not killed.

22. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    There are 8 bounty locations in New Austin, 8 in Mexico and 4 in West Elizabeth. Check your stats page to see if you're missing any.

23. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Okay, I'll double check my bounty locations. I was pretty sure I'd done all of them but I'll get on that. I couldn't imagine why they would do that to people who hadn't preordered the game. Thanks guys!

24. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Ah thats good then.

25. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    It was four of the Mexico bounty missions - the ones at El Presidio - that I didn't have. I'd misread the stats and thought it was 8, 4 and 4 rather than 8, 4 and 8 that you needed. Yay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.