main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Red Dead Redemption -- Discussion for Rockstar's romp in the Wild West

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Vassago, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Undead Nightmare is a great addition, but I'd say sustenance comes first.

2. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    okay so john Marston is dead, now i am jack. now what?? i don't see any missions?

3. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Might want to be aware of spoilers? There is a spoiler thread.

But yeah, there is one more stranger mission.

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I'm in the middle of this game, JediMatteus. You are an ass.

5. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Ouch. Yeah, spoiler thread is here (though you'll have to ask one of the mods to unlock it). May not want to be so blatant about things of that nature in the future.

But anyway, I 100%ed Undead Nightmare. Took me around eight and a half hours, and it was a blast from start to finish. Now I want Marston to get abducted by aliens. Red Dead Invasion. Make it happen, R*!

6. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Might want to be aware of spoilers? There is a spoiler thread.

But yeah, there is one more stranger mission.

oh sorry folks, i thought this was a spoiler thread. after all this game has been out for like 8 months

7. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    by the way i love this

Isaiah 53:5
    Jesus is reality. We exist for the glory of His name.

8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    The last "stranger mission" -- which shoud've been the last story mission of the game IMO given its weight and outcome -- is triggered in Blackwater right after Jack finishes burying the rest of his family. The marker is near the railroad station. Once you trigger it, prepare for a somewhat lenghty journey towards its final conclusion south of the border.

9. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    thank you

10. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Just a quick question for anyone who's bought the disk version of Undead Nightmare. Does it install direct onto your hard-drive (like the disk version of the Fallout 3 DLC) or do you need the disk to play it?

11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    The disc version's already out? I thought that was supposed to come out along with all realeased DLC as a standalone disc (like GTA IV's Liberty City Stories).

12. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    You need to have the disc to play it. This prevents people from renting it on a service like GameFly, installing it to their hard drive, and returning it.

It's in stores now. It includes the Undead Nightmare Pack, the Legends and Killers Pack and the Liars and Cheats Pack.

13. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Damn :( . I was gonna buy it cheap on pre-owned and then sell it on again.

Still, when I got the DLC for Fallout 3 on disk, it just installed it to my hard-drive, which is odd.

14. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Samus is a girl.
    You are Darth Revan.

15. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    The disc version came out in November, and like Reynar said, includes the other "pay" DLC packs.

Alternately, online they're offering the "Undead Nightmare" pack which is essentially all the pay DLC in one pack. The packs include everything except "Outlaws to the End", the free co-op pack...and the Expert Hunter/Savvy Merchant outfits.

16. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    i wasn't purposely an ass. i just thought after 8 months it waas old news

17. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
  18. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    i see your being facetious.

19. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    I'm not being facetious. Click the link, the spoiler thread is locked. Dunno why, but it is.

20. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Because nobody's posted in it for 7 months because the game is 'old' now.

If you are in a thread about a game that has been out for 6 months+, you have to expect that it will contain spoilers.

21. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    But unfortunately, there will always be someone who has just picked up the game and certainly doesn't need to see such a huge spoiler in plain view. Thus, the spoilers thread should be unlocked.

22. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Edit: Nevermind, I misread something.

23. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    Picked the disc version up last night and played a little but...where are the other DLC packs it was supposed to come with? I was only able to access Undead Nightmare, where's the rest of the promised DLC? Online only? The instruction manual doesn't say and no prompt came up for other DLC. If it is online only...why do I have to be connected to the *** **** ******* internet to access something that's on a disc that I payed for?! :mad: :mad: [face_shame_on_you]

I know a lot of you like playing online, but where's R*'s consideration for players who prefer their single player games to stay single player? How hard would it have been to make a few outfits and weapons available from the disc ala Oblivion's DLC disc?

Also a little bummed that I can't transfer outfits from UN to the main game :mad:

Saves for UN and RDR are completely seperate. I can understand GTA's DLC being seperate (kinda, not really but I'll live) because they each feature different playable characters, but why can't I wear the Union Suit in the main game? It's the same John Marston, I oughtta be able to wear any outfit that's unlocked. I can't pass judgement on UN itself just yet as I just started, but so far the disc is not worth the $.

24. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Aw, man. That sucks. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the disc. :oops:

25. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    ^^ Thanks, man.

While I'm still bummed about it, I picked up Alan Wake at the same time and that is definitely taking the sting away :D

What an awesome game! Had RDR not come out at the same time I may have picked it up sooner [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.