main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Red Dead Redemption -- Discussion for Rockstar's romp in the Wild West

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Vassago, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Red Dead Cabela's Big Game Redemption. :p

2. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    What about the fish? Won't somebody think of the fish?

3. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    There's been numerous reports of a multiplayer article floating around. Apparently some of the larger sites posted it, but had to pull it because it wasn't approved by the folks at Rockstar. This is pretty much hearsay at this point, but the details that slipped through (if they're to be believed) sound really great. I'll see if I can pull a list...

4. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Official Cover Art:

[image=http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs436.ash1/24101_427908880096_51752540096_5544954_2551329_n.jpg]

I like the previous version more, but it's still great.

5. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    I hate this new art. I thought the art, itself, was awesome when I saw it released but it looks bad on a cover. The one prior, of Marston aiming down the six-shooter was much better.

Maybe it's for the CE? But even still, that's only in the UK which makes no sense.

6. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
  7. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Multiplayer detailed in Dutch gaming mag

Looks like Gamer.nl Magazine has the scoop on the multiplayer mode in Red Dead Redemption, which Rockstar has promised to unveil on April 5.

According to the magazine, which has been out for about a week now, the multiplayer is without a lobby and instead starts out in free-roaming mode.
    Here?s a excerpt from the mag:

Read Dead Redemption has an extensive multiplayer mode. Instead of a lobby, it begins with a free-roaming multiplayer mode where players can run freely through the game world. They can form gangs with other players they meet there, and this transition can be computer controlled bandits.

Sounds awesome so far, right? Well according to the magazine, you and your gang can also do a bit of hunting or horse keeping as well.
    There is also a Gold Rush mode, where it?s every man for himself as players try to collect as many bags of gold as possible.
    A tradition deathmatch mode and a variant of Capture the Flag will also be included.
    As if we couldn?t wait enough for this already, now the wait until May will be even harder.

8. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    This is from another website, from a Playstation magazine; the bottom has descriptions of the pictures in the article.

"Seriously, who'd have thought that something as dry as a game lobby could be exciting? Leave it to Rockstar to prove us all wrong. The Grand Theft Auto developer recently unveiled the oft rumoured but never confirmed, multiplayer portion of its next open-world saga, Red Dead Redemption -- and the lobby might be the game's most exciting element. Why? Because it's practically a Wild West MMORPG.

The lobby is a fully playable version of the entire game world that's populated with both random CPU characters and live gamers -- though the numbers will never approach World of Warcraft levels. In our visit, we created a "posse" with friends and roamed freely about the map, engaging in activities from hunting wild animals to hunting other gamers. There are even ad hoc missions (like besieging a desert ranch filled with bandits) that feel a lot like raids. Whether running from the sheriff or shooting wildlife in the desert, everything we do can net us experience points which are used to customize our appearance and upgrade our horse, weapons, and "title". There are also new multiplayer modes to unlock like the standard 16-player deathmatch and a team-based "capture the bag" (both of which start with a spectacular face-to-face quick-draw duel). But. to be honest, we didn't spend a lot of time with those other modes, because we couldn't pry ourselves away from the lobby!"

Picture 1: Two players on a horse-drawn carriage. "The lobby is like a limit-free version of GTA IV's free roam mode set against a brilliantly atmospheric Wild West backdrop."

Picture 2: Player as Sheriff, points gun at camera; another player waits to shot him in the back. "Once we joined a party-- er, "posse" -- we were in constant communication with teammates."

Picture 3: 3 on 5 Gunfight near the wreckage of an abandoned church in the desert. "Anyone can travel to any point on the map (including building interiors), regardless of the location of lobby visitors.

If this all turns out to be true, easily, this will be amazing.

9. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
  10. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    This game does look incredible.

11. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
  12. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Good deal

On top of Amazon.com?s already lowered price of 56.99 on Red Dead Redemption, the world?s largest online retailer is also offering a $10 gift card with all pre-orders of the game. This isn?t Amazon?s normal $10 credit deal where a credit is applied to your account toward future video game purchases. Instead you?ll be given a $10 Amazon.com gift card within 10 business days after the game releases. This gift card isn?t restricted to video game purchases like the $10 credit is, you can use it on anything at Amazon.

If a low price and a $10 credit isn?t enough for you, there is one more part of this deal that makes it even sweeter. When you pre-order from Amazon, you will receive the ?Golden Guns Weapon Pack? DLC.

13. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    4 PLAYER CO-OP CONFIRMED!

Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., is proud to announce the 'Outlaws To The End' Co-Op multiplayer Mission Pack for Red Dead Redemption.
    Available FREE this June simultaneously for Xbox LIVE(R) and PlayStation(R) Network, this brand new co-op mode adds an entirely new dimension to Red Dead Redemption's game play.

"Multiplayer in Red Dead Redemption offers players a whole new way to encounter the massive open world we've created, but we felt the experience would not be complete without co-op game play," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "With these missions, we wanted to create new ways for players to share in the experience of engaging with this amazing landscape."

One of three downloadable content packs, the 'Outlaws To The End' Co-Op Mission Pack features six all-new multiplayer missions full of outlaws, epic gunfights, and revolution for 2-4 players. The 'Outlaws to the End' Co-Op Mission Pack offers additional multiplayer XP rewards and brand new Achievements and Trophies to unlock. These six explosive and epic missions will play out across the game world, including:

"Walton's Gold"

Walton's Gang have taken control of a mining camp rich with gold. Fight through the camp and load your mine cart with as much gold as you can carry and get out as fast as you can -- Walton's boys have rigged the place to blow.

"The River"

Ride a raft down river, taking out rebel encampments along the way until you reach the rebel stronghold of Nosalida and a final epic battle for the town's massive weapons caches. Watch out for Gatling gun-equipped
    enemy rafts.

"Ammunition"

The Mexican Army has the town of Tesoro Azul under siege. Storm the gates under heavy cannon, Gatling gun and sniper fire to destroy the Mexican artillery placements.

Go to www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption for more information. Stay tuned for news about two additional downloadable content updates for release later this summer.

Sweeeet.

14. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
  15. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    9.75 isn't a bad score, though I hold GI's scores very, very low on my "go to score guide".

Even if this game gets a 4, I'm still buying it. Looks utterly amazing.

16. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    Did anyone see the coverage of the game on Gametrailer's last night? The game looked fantastic.

17. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    I watched most of it. The cutscene they showed was just outstanding.

The only thing I have that I'm cringing at with this game is the kick from the gun, in Marston's arm, looks kind of odd to me. It's not going to ruin the game for me, and maybe it's just the spots I've seen. Overall, the game will be a masterpiece. I can't believe we're less than two weeks away.

18. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    One week to go! [face_cowboy]

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

19. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    This week is killing me. [face_plain]

Not only do I not get the time off from work that I had hoped for (for RDR), but I just blew through most of the achievements in Conviction so I have nothing to do. Maybe I'll go finish The Ballad of Gay Tony, it was actually pretty fun. :-B

20. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    Finally, now that most preorders are already made, we hear about tangible, material goodies available with preorders.

In my best Skywalker-ish whine "Why couldn't GS've gotten these?!"

RDR Playing Cards from Best Buy

Edit: Correction - not sure if this is for preorders, or just giveaways for folks attending the midnight releases in this little list of select cities. Either way, no deck of cards to set in front of my Ezio statue and Fallout lunchbox.

21. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    After all of R*'s statements that there would be no content difference between PS3 and 360 versions...

Exclusive content for PS3

22. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    I still pre-ordered the Xbox version, even before selling my PS3. :p

I've never been a big western fan, but hell, the game looks good.

23. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    [image=http://media.rockstargames.com/products/rockstar/screenshot%20gallery/reddeadredemption/whs/1280/4.jpg]

Shhh...be vewy vewy quiet...I'm hunting woostahs.

24. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    If you think about it, that's just the most ridiculous screen shot in the history of gaming.

Usually, in a rooster+man picture, the rooster is the one who looks confused.

25. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    QFT. That's why I had to post it, made me rofl when I saw it. Reminds me of Beverly Hills Ninja, Chris Rock's ninja training [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.