main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Red Dead Redemption-- Spoiler Discussion Thread (**Spoilers**...duh)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Vassago, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yup, that's exactly what I did. Went to Don Julio's, waited around for a bit and I saw one flying. One Dead-Eye moment followed by one shot later and...Achievement Unlocked! :D

2. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    The patch didn't fix my glitch. That's wonderful; I don't even want to play the game anymore.

Add to this the patch nixed the amount of points earned for Gang Hideouts and this patch is 100% useless. I'm glad I hit level 50 when I had the chance. :)

3. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Hit 100% a little while ago. As Asterix pointed out a few posts above, for some reason you do stop getting credits for bounties down in Mexico if doing them from Escalera or Chuparosa. So I'm stuck at 99.9%. I then go to El Presidio to see if bounties are posted there. To my dismay a bounty's posted for some ? hiding out at this place called Rancho Polvo. I thought I wouldn't get credit for that one either since 15 or so the previous bounties were picked up or taken out at that same place. So I grab the bounty, head back to Chuparosa, collect the bounty and the autosave followed by the "Redeemed 100G" bleeps bloops on my screen.

Darth-Vassago: I take it this glitch of yours doesn't allow you to pick any more bounties? As distasteful as the notion may seem, don't you have save games prior to when that happened so that you can pickup from there?

4. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I thought they only did that for the exclusive gang hideout that came with the PS3 version?

5. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    having a blast with the game, but all of a sudden when i go to dead eye mode i can aim for the shooter's hand to drop their pistol. it goes for multiple kiiling shots right away. how do i aim for the hands to disarm? seems like when i started the game i could disarm fine.

6. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I'm guessing you're on level 2 of Dead Eye? It's kind of a pain since it automatically targets an enemy if you roll over him, and doesn't let you select what part of his body you want to shoot. My only suggestion would be to aim to the side of the enemy, activate Dead Eye, and slowly move the reticle over his gun while being careful not to target anything else if you're going for the disarm.

7. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Yeah, Dead Eye 2 is the worst of the 3 for me, if I wanted to spam bullets I could do it myself. And I think Reynar is correct about that patch just being for the Solomon's Folly hideout on PS3 (which, might I add, is nothing to write home about. Least favourite hideout in the singleplayer for me)

8. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    It would make sense, but no. I was doing bounties then got sidetracked, so when I noticed it I was pretty far in and had no prior game saves. In the future, I'll be sure to do such a thing but, to be honest, I don't feel like this glitch should happen at all. I also love Rockstar's support system. [face_plain]

Haven't checked but I've heard it's all gang hideouts.

9. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    I can confirm it's all gang hideouts that have the XP cut; I just ran through Pike's Basin twice (just to be sure) and got 1900. I normally get about 2200-2400 per run.

Stupid.

10. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

11. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Yep, basically. I go into my inventory and where the bandanna and bandoleer and campsite are listed, there's a Wanted Poster. If I click on it, like you can if you're on an active bounty, Jack will unfold it and take a look at it; the details are too obscure to know where it is or what's going on (and it's a question mark...) from this point, the game world is still active but Jack is frozen. If I pause to load the game, the game crashes.

As far as the game is concerned, there's an active hunt going on so no bounties are being posted anywhere--but no markers are appearing on my map. I wish I could say I knew where it was from and who it was for, but I just flat out don't remember--I imagine it was from Manzati Post (or whatever that little camp near Tall Trees is). I'd like to say it's up in the Tall Trees area, maybe near the cave/mountain but I've been up there and seen nothing. I'd love to just randomly get ambushed by the bounty so I could smoke them and be on my way. As it is, though, it's nothing.

Also of note, I finished the stranger quest where you blackmail the politician ages ago, but the photos are still in my inventory...did this happen to anyone else?

12. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Yeah, they never left my inventory either and I haven't found a way to get rid of them.

13. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I think they just stay in your inventory forever. Peruse them at your leisure.

14. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    why would they create dead eye 2 to be that way? you should have the choice. here is hoping i can get dead eye 3 soon. until then i might just lasso people i care to save.

15. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Why not? It's not that bad. It has an advantage over dead-eye 1 because you can't miss as easily. You just have to use it more carefully.

16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I've been trying to get the "Heading south on a white bronco" 'cheevo for quite a while now, but nothing happens after escaping the many posses that come after me. I loaded up a game save with John and massacred people across McFarlane ranch and Armadillo, racking up a bounty of about $5k in order to get the "Friends in high places" cheevo as well. Unfortunately, I didn't have a white horse in my inventory right then and there.

So I went down to Mexico, roped one and was able to purchase it later on. However, no matter how many murders I have John commit or how many posses I escape, the 'cheevo never pops up. I know I have to evade US Marshalls, but what sort of heinous crime must I commit in order for them to pop up? And how do I know I've gotten Marshalls on my case? Do I have to let the possé catch up to me so I can confirm their blue uniforms without getting killed in the attempt??

17. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Why not? It's not that bad. It has an advantage over dead-eye 1 because you can't miss as easily. You just have to use it more carefully.

i was not missing as it was

18. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Seems we should've just gone spoilers-free on the other thread. :p

I felt bad for Ross's widow, having to find him after I shot him 6 times in the face with a High Power Pistol...my father's weapon, given to him by Ross. Delicious irony.

19. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    The notice on the top left actually says "The US Marshals have picked up your trail," however I have the same issue. I've rode around with huge bounties for hours with no Marshals. I've only had them on me once and I was on a brown horse at the time--shouldn't be as hard as it is, in my opinion. Maybe your fame/honor plays a role?

20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Got it last night. It's not how much of a bounty you got on: it's how many lawmen you've killed in one instance. I went into another killing spree at Armadillo and killed 20 lawmen. Then I hightailed it outta town. Went to the camp at Plainview and saved the game. I then summoned the white horse (my honor was so low at that point everytime I whistled for a horse I got a black one instead; also, every remark made by John when hitting the B button is a rude/snarky one). Then I fast-travelled to Armadillo to see what would happen. As soon as I got there the wanted level flared to red and an advisory about a group of Marshalls having picked up my trail flashed in the upper left corner of the screen, so I hightailed it outta town again. I kept riding until I lost the stars in my minimap and the wanted level faded. Bleep-bloop, an easy 5G.

21. VIII

VIII Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2005
    Uh, does anyone know if the patch actually fixed the Deadly Assassin Outfit glitch? Because if it has I have not noticed it.

22. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Don't know about 360, but on PS3 I can confirm it has worked.

Also, back to the Unnatural Selection trophy. Remember how I was hunting ducks and seagulls and still wasn't getting this? The animal I hadn't killed was.... a wild horse. You can imagine how annoyed I was at the amount of time I spent searching for something that you can find EVERYWHERE :p

23. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    ^^ I lol'd.

As for the glitch fix, I've read across numerous boards it is fixed.

I also heard back from RDR Rockstar support regarding my problem. Apparently it's something "wide spread" and that they're "working on".

At least it's not just me... :p

24. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I shot a wild horse in the head while I was riding past just after I made it to Great Plains. John mused 'What the hell is wrong with me?!'. I laughed.

25. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, don't feel bad dude. After all, THEY (R*) were the ones to release the buggy ass game. As full of win as it is it's almost unforgivable they didn't alpha or beta-test the $#!+ outta it before launching it.

I don't know if many of you are having trouble with the Most Wanted achievement but it's really sooo easy to get it if you put some thought into it. First of all, find a mostly empty Free Roam session, if only to decrease the chances of some moron trying to rain on your parade. I had been using the strategy of barricading myself in the Armadillo saloon but doing so gets you killed most of the time when trying to escape. It's just easier to just get on a horse, start your killing spree on horseback, being wary of all stars coming your way on the minimap and mowing them down. As soon as I had racked up enough kills to get the most wanted status, I hightailed it outta Armadillo toward's MacFarlane's ranch. When you lose all pursuers and the wanted status fades away, just hang back for 10 minutes, and eventually the 'cheevo will pop-up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.