General Red Dwarf - Now Discussing Series X

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT, Jul 25, 2011.

1. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    My Family was funny, before Kris Marshall left and has been better since they reverted back to it being about the Harpers and not the sutpid extras. Still, it's not what it was in the beginning (still far funnier than BTE ever was).
  2. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    [image=http://www.indiestreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/1bodysnatchers.jpg]
  3. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I find your lack of good comedy appreciation disturbing
  4. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    ... says the person that laughs at My Family. ;)
  5. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I used to laugh at it, just like I used to laugh at Red Dwarf.
  6. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I like My Family as well. It went through some bad patches (I hated that weird lodger, whatever his name was) but I got some good laughs from it.
  7. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Yeah, once Nick left they tried to fill the void with idiotic characters who were just annoying. In the last couple of seires they have ditched all of them and gone back to it just being about the primary characters, but it lacks the originality it had in the early days.

This is the problem when shows go on too long and don't know when to quit, and I worry Red Dwarf will suffer from this (as the signs are already in place from BTE and the last two series)

The truely great comedies quit on top form, like Blackadder and Fawlty Towers.
  8. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Well at least the new series will have a studio audience

http://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000652/studio_audience_red_dwarf_series_10_laughter/

9. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I wonder where they will record it. I believe quite a bit of the original series was done at Shepperton Studios, which is a few miles away from where I live.
  10. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    New blog post from Robert Llewellyn. Doesn't say much that we don't already know or strongly suspect, though.

If you're interested in how to get tickets, I'd strongly advise following him on Twitter. News is bound to break first on there.
  11. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    I wonder if he'll break some embargo when he does it. He accidentaly revealed the production of Back to Earth before he was supposed to.[face_laugh]
  12. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Hopefully he will be.
  13. Everton Chosen One

star 10
  14. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    So Friday 11/11/11 at 11:30? (Had to type that a couple of times - too many 11s.)
  15. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Ahead of tomorrow's announcement, Doug Naylor has revealed a few choice pieces of information about the recording dates. More specifically, he's revealed the recording dates (and location).

It'll be at Shepperton. He posted this:

16, 23, 7, 13, 20, 27

My guess would be that these are dates in November / December, or November / January.
  16. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Got my applications in today. Fingers crossed.
  17. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I hope it is worth your time.
  18. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    It won't matter. Seeing a show recorded is a treat in itself. Regardless of the content, it will be great to see exactly how it is done on the day.
  19. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I saw a taping of an episode of Absolutely up in London. This would have been early '90s. It was pretty interesting but they hit one spot where they just couldn't get it right and all the resets and retakes got boring after awhile.
  20. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    I am cautiously optimistic that I got in in time, as it seems the tickets were allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
  21. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Tickets in the bag. 23rd Dec. :cool:
  22. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    By some freaky co-incidence I am also attending on the 23rd.

The question is, can I watch every episode of Red Dwarf before then...
  23. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Maybe it's best not to go into this with the old show fresh in the mind, you may end up more disappointed that way if you compare the new stuff to the classic series.
  24. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Interesting recent tweet from Doug Naylor:

"Retro Season 5 feel but probably best look ever - though not finished yet. Ingenious the way it fits together."
  25. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Interesting.

Season 5 is "my" season. I'd seen a couple of season 4 episodes (cos my stepdad recorded them), and so season 5 was the first season I watched off my own back. And I loved it. I even recorded the episodes onto audiotape so I could listen to them on my walkman.

My wireless network is called "Flibble"