main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Red Dwarf - Now Discussing Series XI

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT , Jul 25, 2011.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    My Family was funny, before Kris Marshall left and has been better since they reverted back to it being about the Harpers and not the sutpid extras. Still, it's not what it was in the beginning (still far funnier than BTE ever was).

2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    [image=http://www.indiestreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/1bodysnatchers.jpg]

3. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I find your lack of good comedy appreciation disturbing

4. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    ... says the person that laughs at My Family. ;)

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I used to laugh at it, just like I used to laugh at Red Dwarf.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I like My Family as well. It went through some bad patches (I hated that weird lodger, whatever his name was) but I got some good laughs from it.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah, once Nick left they tried to fill the void with idiotic characters who were just annoying. In the last couple of seires they have ditched all of them and gone back to it just being about the primary characters, but it lacks the originality it had in the early days.

This is the problem when shows go on too long and don't know when to quit, and I worry Red Dwarf will suffer from this (as the signs are already in place from BTE and the last two series)

The truely great comedies quit on top form, like Blackadder and Fawlty Towers.

8. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Well at least the new series will have a studio audience

http://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000652/studio_audience_red_dwarf_series_10_laughter/

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I wonder where they will record it. I believe quite a bit of the original series was done at Shepperton Studios, which is a few miles away from where I live.

10. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    New blog post from Robert Llewellyn. Doesn't say much that we don't already know or strongly suspect, though.

If you're interested in how to get tickets, I'd strongly advise following him on Twitter. News is bound to break first on there.

11. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I wonder if he'll break some embargo when he does it. He accidentaly revealed the production of Back to Earth before he was supposed to.[face_laugh]

12. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Hopefully he will be.

13. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
  14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    So Friday 11/11/11 at 11:30? (Had to type that a couple of times - too many 11s.)

15. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Ahead of tomorrow's announcement, Doug Naylor has revealed a few choice pieces of information about the recording dates. More specifically, he's revealed the recording dates (and location).

It'll be at Shepperton. He posted this:

16, 23, 7, 13, 20, 27

My guess would be that these are dates in November / December, or November / January.

16. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Got my applications in today. Fingers crossed.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I hope it is worth your time.

18. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    It won't matter. Seeing a show recorded is a treat in itself. Regardless of the content, it will be great to see exactly how it is done on the day.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I saw a taping of an episode of Absolutely up in London. This would have been early '90s. It was pretty interesting but they hit one spot where they just couldn't get it right and all the resets and retakes got boring after awhile.

20. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I am cautiously optimistic that I got in in time, as it seems the tickets were allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.

21. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Tickets in the bag. 23rd Dec. :cool:

22. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    By some freaky co-incidence I am also attending on the 23rd.

The question is, can I watch every episode of Red Dwarf before then...

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Maybe it's best not to go into this with the old show fresh in the mind, you may end up more disappointed that way if you compare the new stuff to the classic series.

24. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Interesting recent tweet from Doug Naylor:

"Retro Season 5 feel but probably best look ever - though not finished yet. Ingenious the way it fits together."

25. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Interesting.

Season 5 is "my" season. I'd seen a couple of season 4 episodes (cos my stepdad recorded them), and so season 5 was the first season I watched off my own back. And I loved it. I even recorded the episodes onto audiotape so I could listen to them on my walkman.

My wireless network is called "Flibble"