main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Red Tails Fan Art and Banners

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Now that we have a trailer and photos of the cast I though it would be a good idea to start a fan art thread. I'm currently working on a banner and I'd like to get your thoughts on this work in progress.

Red Tails Banner WIP

Personally I think it's just about done but I would like some comments and 2nd opinions.

2. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    This looks good for starters. The key is that at least SOMETHING Red Tails related gets up on the board since it is the next Lucasfilm project. I'm not a banner making expert, but if I was good at photoshop, I'd probably want to see a banner that used all of those still photos of the main characters collaged together. It's a pretty big cast and to see them all in a row on the banner would be kind of cool.

edit: nah, you know what....I like your banner just fine. Just make sure Ne-Yo is on the banner somewhere cause he is the PIMP!!!

3. Sword_Of_Goliath

Sword_Of_Goliath Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2010
    It looks good, just put it up!

4. shanerjedi

shanerjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2010
    Looks great Gobi-1. Let LAJ Fett or some admin know so they can load it in the banner section and I will throw it up ASAP.

:cool:

Also if anyone else wants to make one feel free as we could always rotate them.

5. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    So. Are we ever going to see some "Red Tails" banners, or will we have to wait until Lucas' "small, personal art films" to see the "Crystal Skull" stuff go away? I'd be happy if we saw some of his shorts get turned into banners, at this point. How about "anyone lived in a pretty how town"?

6. Sword_Of_Goliath

Sword_Of_Goliath Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2010
    YES!!
    Also: we need to bet BEHIND this movie as Lucasfans. The black community did their part opening weekend, now it's our turn to do ours.
    Throw up a Red Tails banner, get some main page coverage, spread the word!!
    All Lucasfans need to see this movie. It's wonderful, exciting, heart warming & very well done. Trust me, it's way better than any of the other crap that's opening this month. Forget the critics, they were wrong abt almost every movie he's ever made. Let's get together & show The Maker some serious love & support this movie!!

7. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    Could we use it in the amphiteatre?

8. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I know I was suppose to finish my banner but my computer crashed a while back and I lost the files. Sorry.