Red Tails - is the movie any good?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by JediMasterKeno, Feb 25, 2013.

1. EternalHero Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Why are you posting in a George Lucas fan forum? Confused.

[face_dunno]
    Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  2. Darth_Nub Saga, Classic Trilogy and Film Music Manager

Manager
    star 4
    GL didn't direct it, either.
    Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  3. Leoluca Randisi Jedi Master

star 2
    George Lucas produced it. I believe Anthony Hemingway Directed it, Hemingway is African American and from the same place a lot of the pilots came from "Louisiana" or the South. Hemingway also produced one of my Favorite HBO TV shows Treme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    EternalHero likes this.
  4. EternalHero Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    The HBO movie is also good but it's very over-the-top and theatrical, the aerial dogfights are terrible (they used stock footage - interesting but not very exciting to watch cut into a movie) and the writing is terribly "on the nose" much of the time. Red Tails looks better and has a vastly superior visual style.
  5. Leoluca Randisi Jedi Master

star 2
    EternalHero,
    I don't know if you thought I meant Hemingway Directed the HBO movie but I actually meant Hemingway Directed Red Tails and George Lucas Produced Red Tails. the reason I brought up HBO is because Hemingway Produced one of my favorite HBO shows "TREME" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!