main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Redemption (Obi/Xan/baby Luke; set around Ep. III ~(complete)~)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obaona, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    RebelScum77: Thank you. :) And aye - a lot can happen in twenty years that we could all be utterly clueless about. Picture it - 'The Intertrilogy Adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi'. :p Really, though, one wonders what Obi-Wan did - how often can you meditate and practicing swinging a sword? ;)

Very emotionally involved? :p I'll take that as a compliment! :D

POST 200!!!

2. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Aww...a beautiful ending, most certainly! Well done, oba. :D

3. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Do you mean the end of the post or the end of the story? [face_mischief] Thank you, Burkie. :p [face_love]

I think people are thinking it's the end when it is not. :p There's one more post left, people. ;)

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I came prepared with hankie ;)

5. KatarnLead

Oct 5, 2002
    End of the post! What did you think I meant?? :p

6. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Sequel, sequel, sequel.

I think i did that once before here but i'll do it again just in case i didn't.

Sequel, sequel, sequel.

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    What a bittersweet moment. :( I loved that Xan has in some ways become a lot like Qui-Gon.

8. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    *solemnly takes sword*

*places it over thread*

I dub thee the Never Ending Story. [face_plain]

(There's an epilogue . . . and maybe an epilogue to the epilogue.)

PadawanKitara: Good! :p

Burkie: Oh, I don't know . . . :p

jacen200015: You have done it before. ;) And at least wait until it's done! :eek: :p And thanks [face_blush] .

obi_ew: Yes, very. I got a tight throat writing that part. I don't know why Xan became like Qui-Gon - it just seemed highly appropriate. And considering the epilogue, it becomes even more appropriate. :p

9. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    The Neverending story. DOes it come complete with a big fluffy white doggy thing for me to play with? 8-}

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was so sad. At least Ben had the companionship of Xan for all those years. Good job with this.

11. Darth_Pixel

Darth_Pixel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    So it's not over? Good, because that's far too sad an ending to leave it on *swipes cookies*

12. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Obi-Wan darted forward, grabbed a lock of Xanatos? graying hair, yanked, and leapt back.

A shriek. Xanatos whirled, grabbing his shoulder-length hair protectively.

?Pada ?? Obi-Wan started.

Xanatos began to reach for him, and Obi-Wan gave it up, turning tail.

?You are so dead!? Xanatos called after him, to the sound of Obi-Wan?s laughter.

I like Obi-Wan being silly! :D

Owen attempted to keep them as far as Luke as possible, and often snapped at them when they were in town. Neither Obi-Wan nor Xanatos felt any anger at him, though ? they both sensed the fierce love and fear in Owen?s mind. Beru was more accepting of the boy?s basic nature, and gave the two of them regular updates, even holo-images.

That's exactly how I always saw it. Owen was far from a bad guy. He loved Luke as much as Beru did, and was afraid of what might become of him if he knew his true heritage. Can't blame him for that, seeing what Luke's father became.

?Keep your hood up. And be careful. You can?t be seen,? Obi-Wan said quietly.

?I know, Mother.?

Obi-Wan smiled faintly.

Xanatos? smile faded. ?Goodbye, little brother,? he whispered. ?I wish Qui-Gon could have seen us.?

?So do I,? Obi-Wan whispered

And my favorite dramatic moment. I don't even know Xanatos outside this story, and I wish Qui-Gon could have seen them. But why is Xanatos going to the Rebellion now? *ponders*

13. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    PadawanKitara: LMAO. :p I can't do that, but how about my psychopathic toy size dog? 8-}

dianethx: Thanks! :) And aye, it's sad. :p Not as sad as the OT is originally, though! [face_mischief]

Darth_Pixel: *runs off* :p

Gabri: I like silly Obi-Wan, too. :D And yes - I never saw Owen as a bad guy either. (Well, obviously.) Some people even have him as being abusive, but I don't think he would have been - harsh, maybe, but more likely just strict. :) And someone else asked the same question - why the Rebellion, and why now? ;) To answer that, I urge you to look at the OT and consider what happens originally. ;)

Despite it being Christmas Eve - I'm updating. :p The epilogue won't be posted yet, but keep in mind that it is coming, and probably a few vignettes (posted here in the story thread) after that! :p

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

*hands out hankies*

*~*~*

Luke is eighteen.

It was early morning when Obi-Wan sensed the Tusken Raiders. They were unusually close to his home ? he and Xanatos had often scared them off with tricks, and the Tuskens believed them to be dangerous wizards ? and he sensed they were on the hunt. They must have found someone they believed they could snatch, kill, or steal from, and followed him. It was really the only explanation.

Obi-Wan put on his tattered and worn robe, and threw up the hood to protect himself from the sun. His muscles ached slightly from his morning meditation ? sitting on the floor ? but the heat quickly soothed it. As he put on his robe, he briefly looked at his hands. Weathered and old, like the rest of him.

Obi-Wan snorted at himself, shook his head, and headed out.

When he sensed he was quickly approaching the traveler and the Tusken Raiders ? also sensing time was of the essence ? he stopped for a moment. He took a deep breath, and with the skill of a Jedi, he gave the call of kryat dragon. It was loud and booming, and had an odd, screeching quality that instinctively sent a chill up a person?s spine. Then he moved on again, and after a time, gave the call again, just to be certain.

He arrived in time to see the Tuskens run away. An astromech droid was present and he quickly reassured it with a few words in a cheery tone.

Then he got a good look at the traveler, who lay unconscious. Blond hair, bleached by the sun, tan skin and white, ill-fitting work clothing.

The boy?s eyes were closed, but Obi-Wan knew they would be blue.

As Obi-Wan knelt over Luke to wake him before the Tuskens returned, he paused momentarily and looked the boy over. Grown. Luke was nearly an adult, by most standards. And yet so young, so vulnerable. In his mind, he so often thought of Luke as that innocent infant he had so briefly been given the gift of taking care of, and even now, he saw shades of that child.

Both Obi-Wan?s mental and physical touches were gentle as he woke Luke with the Force, momentarily touching the boy?s forehead to strengthen the mental contact.

Luke opened his eyes; they were blue.

*~*~*

Luke sat at the first table he found, feeling a deep exhaustion and ache he felt all the way down to his bones.

His life had changed so much, so rapidly . . . he felt like he could hardly catch up. The Rebellion prepared around and in front of him for the battle they knew was coming. That everyone knew was coming. Even here, in the mess hall ? who knows what it was used for before the Rebellion came and found it ? preparations were being made. Soon, he would part of them, he knew. The Rebellion needed all the pilots it could get, and Luke would be one of them. And Leia was in the Rebellion, too, he thought with a very brief flare of happiness.

The brief fight in Han?s ship against the TIE fighters? flashed into his mind every time he blinked. It was all images, moments and impressions. He could remember the thrill, could still feel it quietly waiting to be unleashed in his chest, and the fear and grief that had been so rudely shoved down, ou

14. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002

The older man had a pain-filled smile. He wasn?t looking at Luke, but at Ben. As Luke watched, he took a length of his long hair that lay over his shoulder and tugged it.

Ben smiled.

*takes hankie and sniffles*

15. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was wonderful. I loved the shift from Luke's rescue to the appearance of Xan at Yavin. I could just picture it very well. Great job. I look forward to the epilog...

16. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Wow, once again. I like the shifted viewpoint as well. You bridged the gap from the end of Eppy III to the end of Eppy IV. Is there a sequel in mind, like thru ROTJ?

17. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Very nice.

18. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Gabri: *huggies*

dianethx: Thank you. :) I'm glad you liked the shift - I didn't want to recount ANH, and I thought it would be more powerful unsaid that sacrifice that Obi-Wan gave. :) The epilogue should be probably be up tomorrow.

Laine_Snowtrekker: Indeed I did! :eek: I didn't really realize how much time I covered. :p No, there's no sequel in mind. I will, however, have a few vignettes here and there set in the universe of this story. It's just too much fun to stop writing entirely. :) And thank you. [face_blush]

RebelMom: Thank you. :)

19. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Simply lovely. :)

20. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    That was a nice twist to the ending having Xan with Luke etc.

I look forward to more of your work.

21. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    That was really wonderful. I loved how you ended Obi-Wan's POV with Luke's eyes and then shifted immediately to after his death. Lovely transition. I knew Xan would find Luke somehow, can't wait for the epilogue :D

22. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    I've followed this fic from the beginning and have loved every bit of it. The brotherly relationship that Xan and Obi built over the years, and that Obi was Xan's Master in leading and teaching him about the Light side again was wonderful.

Xan relationship with Luke and the bond they share was touching. The way that Xan cared for him and was protective of him. But it was sad that Obi didn't have that - all he had were his memories of Luke as a baby.

The ending was perfect - the way Xan had grown to become so much like Qui-Gon.

Any chance of a sequel?

Wonderful obaona! :)

~Bek

23. KatarnLead

Oct 5, 2002
  24. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    obi_ew: Thank you. :)

CrystalKenobi: Thank you - I've known I was going to do it that way for a while, but I wasn't sure what I was going to do with Obi-Wan. :p And aye, I'll write something ... soon ... :p

RebelScum77: Thank you! :) I'm glad you liked the transition - the ending came to my head all at once, and I think it turned out better for it. :p As for the epilogue - I'm trying to decide if I should post it today. I'm trying to keep ff.n and here even in posts, but I got behind with ff.n and just updated today. :p

Bekah_K: Thank you. [face_blush] Aye, most of the story was just about the two of them getting beyond their pasts and becoming good friends. That Obi-Wan sort of became Xan's master was an interesting twist, I think - considering his first apprentice, and Obi and Xan's relationship with each other. 8-}

Aye, it was sweet - and sad for Obi-Wan. But Obi-Wan really was mostly happy on Tatooine. Luke was safe, and he had Xan. And he was patiently waiting for things to happen, as they knew they would - and he was right. :) I thought it'd be interesting to have Xanatos become more like Qui-Gon than Obi-Wan ever did - as for a sequel, well . . . 8-}

Burkie: Aye! 8-}

A/N: So, I have this really crazy AU idea where Obi-Wan and Xan (the older ones of this story) are pushed into the past (and into their younger bodies) to when Obi-Wan is about 14, and Xanatos is fighting Qui-Gon in the Temple. And I have a scene in my head where Xan realizes how much smaller and weaker Obi-Wan is now, and picks the poor guy up while teasing him about his size while the Council/Qui-Gon look on in bafflement . . . Aye, I am crazy! 8-}

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Aye, I am crazy! If it involves Xan/Obi then I encourage your insanity! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.