main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Redemption of Shadows: Xan/Obi AU 2/17 Author's Note

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Seraphena, Dec 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    To answer you both, no (or rather not yet since we all have seen Rayn have to pull her brother out of the fire more than once). Let just leave at the fact that we all ready know one person who was suppose to be on that ship don't we?

2. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    *eyes widen.* Bruck?

Of course if i'm wrong then i'm certainly confused again.

*sighs.*

3. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    OH YEAH! bruck was on the ship that made it..... duhhhh forgot about him 8-}

4. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    moving nicely.

Liked this......Her golden skin washed out her entire body blurred as if the captian was no longer total of the physical plan. A faint nimbus of blue light surrounding the ivy eyed woman, pulsing in a slow even rhythm.

5. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    And the suspense builds - great post! :)

~Bek

6. Seraphena

Jul 20, 2003
    obi_ew:Glad to see you are enjoying this :D
    Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl: I?m sure when he finds out he is going to have a few words to say. :D
    jacen200015: you are not wrong and not confused. :)
    Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl: a lot of people did.
    Keeper_of_Swords: Thanks.

Quick Note in case you haven't figured it out, I've paralleled Ancient Alderaan to be a mirror of Ancient Greece, I'm sure the mythology will seem simuliar with a few adjustments.

Adventure, excitement, A Jedi craves not these thing. Obi mimicked Master Yoda?s words in his mind. Didn?t think that Master Yoda was warning me that missions were going to be this boring.

Some part of him whispered that he had little to complain about. He was with his master. Stealing a glance up at the taller Jedi a small smile lingered.

It was just this mission. They had spent the last few weeks talking, or rather his master had talked. Obi-wan had been the epitome of a Jedi apprentice. Obedient, dutiful, and most of all quiet.

He felt the affectionate mind touch from his master and smiled. The first night when Obi-wan had been so quiet and attentive his Master had checked him for a fever. He would not embarrass his master.

The last several days had been spent a Republic outpost trying to get all ?victims? of these raids to talk if not to each other then to the Jedi.

Glancing around the room he ticked off the names and faces he already knew. Master was talking with Commander Dorian Pela. A rather stogy man who had taken one look at the apprentice walking in his master?s shadow and dismissed him from importance. Stupid.

The Shipping Guild representative was a little better, but Obi-wan had little information. Avali Tsu, a local man from what the reports said who had worked from the bottom to his current rank. The man was about as tall as Master Jinn, but heavier. Currently Guildsman Tsu was involved in a conversation half-way across the room. His face still had that same serious half glare, but he was nodding seemingly accepting or just listening to what he was being told. Obi-wan couldn?t understand why the man was here at all. Of all the representative this one had listened to the others, listened to what Master De?Crion had to say, but had never said anything. Watching Tsu now Obi-wan could well imagine some heavy burden resting on those very broad shoulders.

/Attention padawan/ Obi-wan blushed at the soft reprimand. Looking back, he saw the Commander had left already. Sapphire eyes looked down at him with a mixture of amusement and concern. Evidently his Master had called for him several times.

/What has you thinking so hard Padawan?/
    /Guildsman Tsu Master./

/Ahh./
    was the enigmatic response.

They walked through the halls back to their quarters quiet. They enjoyed the silence as must as the conversation neither needing to hear the sound of their own voice to be content.

Their assigned quarters were exceptional by their standards with the three rooms and a small kitchenette. The balcony overlooked the large hydroponics garden giving a sea of color in the middle of space.

?Tea?? Obi-wan asked heading for the kitchen.

?Yes please.? His master was already seated at the com console checking for messages.

Quickly enough he placed a steaming cup of the aromatic brew next to his master?s elbow.

?If you don?t mind master I?d like to spend some time meditating.?

He felt the gentle brush of his master?s mind seeking some clue.

/Of course you can my suddenly obedient padawan. As soon as I figure out who you are and what you did with my real apprentice./

Laughing Obi-wan moved out to the balcony and sat down drifting slowly into a meditative trance.

?Are you sure?? he heard someone whisper.

?I was there Tomas, when the message came in.? he felt the horror behind those words and wondered what could be the problem.

?Both ships?? Disbelief tinged the words. ?Republic heavy cruisers??

?Yes, but

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    DUMMM DUMMM DUMMMMM BUT I HAVE A FEELING BRUCK ISN'T DEAD.....

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Hummmm... if Bruck is not dead, where is he? And what do the Kindly ones have to do with him and the Republic cruisers? More please...

9. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    Did Rayn wipe away the memory of 'Alecto' from Obi-Wan's mind? He heard the name when he was at the controls aboard the ship he, Dev, and Rayn used to rescue Xan right?

~Bek

10. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Hum. Very curious! You really have me guessing here! :D

11. Seraphena

Jul 20, 2003
    Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl: trust your feelings. :D
    dianethx: answers are forthcoming.
    Bekah_K: no, just a little touch not to talk about it. In ancient times to speak of someone or something was to summon them, sort of an idea behind where we get the phrase. ?speak of the devil? when you have been talking about someone and they show up.
    obi_ew: an here I was thinking I was being obvious. *evil grin*

Notes: On the good note Happy new Year everyone. Like Obi-wan on his birthday, I got a rock tonight (not for my birthday). But it was from my fiancée, he asked me to marry him tonight. So a bit on cloud nine right now.

A little bit to tide you over since I will more than likely be away from the computer for a day or two depending on schedule.

This is an attempt at stream of consciousness, let me know how it goes.

He woke to a sensation of floating. Struggling to open his eyes he couldn?t see anything but a sea of pink. Timeless suspension and a feeling of drifting. A comfort really, no one berating him, no one looking down at him. Just himself no expectations, no limitations.

It would be a blessing to stay here, and never leave. Maybe he would just stay like this floating and drifting. His mind wandered further drifting along the currents and eddies.

No one here. No one screaming. He could smell the fear as it was building in the room. No one bleeding. The sharp smell of blood and the sound of hoarse wheezing. Pain thundered along once quiet nerves. He struggled trying to get away from it all.

/Memories. Nothing more./ A voice whispered to him. Surprisingly he didn?t recognize it, but the peace in that voice, the serenity and calm, was like a thousand of his meditations compressed into a single sound.

/Relax. You are safe now/ Tears trickled down his cheeks unnoticed to mix in the gel.

Safe how could he be safe. Like everything else they would leave him too. Nightmares lurked in the corners of his mind creeping ever closer. They will devour me. He cried.

/They will NOT. I will protect you./ There was steel in this voice as well.

He was unfit, unclean, never good enough, or too bad for anyone ever to protect him, to help him. The darkness was in him and he could feel it spreading, couldn?t she see it? She would leave, they all left.

/Calmly little one./ the voice soothed him again and there was a measure of amusement and self depreciation in that voice. /Come here/ She commanded and he could but only obey.

His mind reached and was met half way he felt the Force flow between them. She felt of summer storms and lavender. She felt of home and safety. She would be his protector.

?Are you insane.? Jax bellowed. Rayn just ignored him and concentrated on watching the tank.

?Or a genius who can tell.? Her attempt at humor fell short.

?He?s a Jedi initiate. He has to go back.?

?He was sent away by the very Order that was suppose to help him.?

?He?s trouble.? They had both read the Council reports on this boy.

?No.? she said pulling her knees up close to her chest. ?Just hurting.?

?You can?t be serious.? He wanted to scream but he knew it wouldn?t do any good. Evidently Rayn had made up her mind. ?Why??

Soulful violet eyes looked up at him filled with tears. ?Because he deserves a chance. So he?s got problems. Don?t we all. The Jedi are not equipped to deal with them. We can.?

?I thought you were a Jedi.? He crossed his arms and just waited. Yes the decision had been made, but she might have a point.

?Only on my bad days.? That sad smile flittered across her lips. ? There is no emotion there is only peace. There is no passion there is serenity.? She softly quoted the Jedi Code. Jax was familiar with it. ?They don?t look at things the way others do. Emotional things are to be hidden for the most part. They are shunned, not helped.?

The man sighed. How could an Order so in contact with the Force be so s

12. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Two other good posts!

I've paralleled Ancient Alderaan to be a mirror of Ancient Greece, I'm sure the mythology will seem simuliar with a few adjustments....good idea.

Great paragraph....

No one here. No one screaming. He could smell the fear as it was building in the room. No one bleeding. The sharp smell of blood and the sound of hoarse wheezing. Pain thundered along once quiet nerves. He struggled trying to get away from it all.

13. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    So Rayn will help Bruck become someone other than filled with darkness. Good. He needs a second chance but will he become a Jedi? I loved the How could an Order so in contact with the Force be so stupid about reality. That's how I feel about the whole detachment issue but I won't go there...LOL.

Good job.

14. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    I'm so glad Bruck is getting someone in his corner. :) Can't wait to see how this all unfolds.

15. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    I hope you are worth this child. I hope for many things, but maybe you will be the one to remind her it okay to feel again.

Perhaps Bruck and Rayn will help heal each other - emotionally. :)

~Bek

16. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Hmmmmmmm ~ wonders who the 2 jedi are~ ;)

17. Seraphena

Jul 20, 2003
    Keeper_of_Swords:thank you
    dianethx: been going there for a while.
    obi_ew: Thanks
    Bekah_K: That?s hopefully the plan
    Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl: Yeah I wonder. ;)

Xanatos didn?t know how much more he could take of this. Of all the missions he had ever done, it was the waiting that still bored him. Conversation swirled around him, but nothing useful ever came of it. The Station commander was still in his little snit and as a result no one wanted to discuss anything with the Republic official.
    Not that I blame them.

Rubbing at his aching temples he sighed softly. He looked over at his apprentice and smiled tiredly.

/Are you okay Master?/ They preferred telepathy to spoken speech. It could not be overheard, but there was more than just that. It was an intimacy and affection that both found comfort in.

/Just frustrated. What are your impressions?/ Obi-wan had been watching the intricate dance from the side lines, Xanatos had found that for one so young his apprentice could come up with the most startling of insights.

The lull in activity had prompted a call for a recess until tomorrow. Slowly the delegates filed out of the meeting room. Xanatos waited for his apprentice?s answer and was encourage to feel the slight shimmer in the force that meant the boy was looking at all possibilities. He also was encouraged by the number of people that lingered speaking in small groups to each other or to the other factions.

Of course the Commander left first. Once again Xanatos had to wonder why the man had been assigned out here.

/Waiting. We?re waiting for something to happen./ Was his apprentice?s eventual response.

/I?ve felt the same./

The door opened and two people pushed around the small knot leaving. Xanatos?s eyes narrowed at the way some of the aides and such trying to leave flinched away from the new comers. As if fearing to touch them.

The man was an interesting study. Dark brown hair was pulled back into a silver ring and brown eyes quickly surveyed the room. Almost as tall as Xanatos himself, he looked to be more muscular. Dressed in simple spacer garb. The Jedi could find nothing really alarming about him.

The woman who followed was a different matter. Wheat blond hair flowed down to her waist. Tied in a multitude of tiny braid the light glittered off the copper and bronze pieces braided in. Her eyes were hidden behind a pair of sunglasses. The dark browns of her clothing accentuated her pale white skin. It was the way she moved however that set off alarms in Xanatos?s mind. Dancer lean she walked with a grace that spoke of nothing but deadly power.

Both had to be young, just coming into their prime. They moved purposefully through the room the small groups melting where they tread. As they stood before the Guildsman?s group all conversation paused. Several of the others involuntarily stepped back, but the old man stood his ground.

Interesting. As a Jedi he had been taught to read others reactions in their body language, it was a skill he was good at. Right now Guildsman Avali was surprised and afraid.

The men spoke, while those covered eyes scanned the room. Xanatos met the glance full on, he didn?t know who they were or what they were here for until then he would be cautious.

Looking over at his apprentice he noticed Obi-wan?s stillness, his silence.

/What is it?/ he asked concerned.
    /I can?t sense him?/

Slightly alarmed Xanatos reached out with the force to get an idea of who or what they were dealing with. The probe skittered off titanium shields.

Brown eyes looked up from the conversation for a split second and Xanatos held his breath. It was one thing to sense someone touching your shields. Anyone could do it. To be able to trace it spoke of more training then Xanatos felt comfortable with an unknown having.

A few more minutes and Xanatos watched the three walk from the room. The two men talked, while the woman guarded interesting.

Xanatos

18. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    Intriguing!

/What are your impressions of the woman?/

Obi-wan looked away for a moment. /I don?t really have one Master./

Does that mean Obi has no impressions, or he has many? :confused:

~Bek

19. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    I think Obi has many impressions of the lady. Perhaps she seems familiar somehow? hum? :p

20. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    DUMMMMMMMMM DUMMMMMMMMMMMM DUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! 8-}

21. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I don't have one??? Interesting choice of words for Obi-wan. And Xan, leaving his vulnerable apprentice behind might be a bad idea...

Looking forward to more...

22. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
  23. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ~grabs obiwan and runs~

24. Seraphena

Jul 20, 2003
    Bekah_K: umm, many?
    obi_ew: Maybe
    Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl: :)
    dianethx: maybe
    Keeper_of_Swords: thanks
    Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl: Get your own!!!

Not the same.

Obi-wan sat down into a meditative position, but found that that sweet serenity was currently beyond him. He could not settle his mind enough to center properly.

Ice. Tisiphone, Rayn, all the same person? He knew that Rayn sometimes went by the name Ice, or at least that was what he had overheard. When that woman had first walked into the meeting room he had been surprised. He would forget the face no more than he would forget his own master. The only reason he had a master.

But it hadn?t felt like her at all. The force sense that he could feel was similar, but not the same as that warm comfort he was use to. Something was different her. This woman?s aura spoke of hidden depths and deep scars, not of springtime and of joy that he had memorized in Rayn?s.

He knew he would have to tell his master something. Laying back on the floor Obi-wan considered the alternatives. He could lie and say that he had not had enough information to make an impression. Or that his attention had been so wrapped up in watching the interaction between the Guildsman and Captain Mercy that he just didn?t have time.

It wouldn?t work. His master knew his student?s powers of observation and relied on them. Of all the things he wouldn?t do Obi-wan would not harm the relationship he had with his master just to spare his own feelings to hide is own doubt.

With that decision the jumbled knot of emotions relaxed enough for him to meditate.

Restless he moved from his room to the common room and made some tea. In the shiny chrome surface of the teapot he saw his reflection. He smiled slightly at the image. Gone was the shock white hair. Dyed an unremarkable brown it now hung down to his shoulders. Like hers it was done in a multitude of braids. Yellow eyes blinked back at him. He wasn?t used to the color changes yet, but she had explained the necessity more than once.

*/ She sat by his bedside guarding his dreams. When he opened his eyes she was the first thing he saw.

?Thank you.? He said wearily. For all the aches and pain he felt better, calmer than he had ever had.

She smiled at him, Bruck noticed her eyes faded to a soft lavender.

?You are welcome.? Her voice lyrical and closing his eyes he felt the warmth and comfort.

--
    ?You have a choice young Bruck.? She leaned against the common room table sipping at a cup of tea. Several days since he had been released from the medical bay, each day he found more and more comfort in her presence.

?What would that be?? He kept his voice light.

?You are a Jedi initiate, you can return home.?

Coldness infused him. Return to a place that didn?t want him? Did she want him to go? Panic seized him.

A gentle touch to his cheek ripped him away from the spiraling thoughts.

?Or you can stay here and learn from me??

There had been no evidence that she was a Jedi. Force sensitive in the extreme yes. Jedi, no.

Would that be a bad thing? Part of his mind whispered. Staying here, I?d never be a Jedi, but what is that in comparison to a place where someone accepts me.

What if she is of the Dark?

/See for yourself./ Shields fells away and Bruck extended his senses. There were shadows, like the ones he had seen often in himself, but no darkness. Not evil.

?I will stay.? He said finally.

?I?m glad. But, we must all make sacrifices to make certain you are not recognized by a casual observer.? Her grin was pure mischief. He soon found himself in another of her crew?s hands. Hair color and eyes color were discussed and comments that he didn?t quite understand tossed around.

?So what should I call you?? he asked as the color was setting.

?Privately, Rayn. Otherwise it?s

25. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    I guess Bruck is finding his place. Rayn has a good heart to take him in like she did.

~Bek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.