main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Redemption of the Exiles - Concluded 5/2/08 - OCs, pilots, smugglers pre-NJO

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lane_Winree, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I love your new OC already. Love having someone else that kind of understands Darvix.

Great update!

2. Angel_9

Angel_9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Interesting post, love the background you are filling in on all your OCs.

Keep it up, cant wait to see what happens on Tarsis.

3. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    Like I've said in the past, this fic is largely influenced by the Sherlock Holmes stories. Vik Kelrune is to Dap as Watson was to Holmes.

Well, it's been a long time coming, but here's the next post:

Chapter Eleven - Enigma
    Post One

Taris had once been known as the ?Coruscant of the Outer Rim.? Situated on a hyperspace hub, it had been a point of commerce for countless beings across the Galaxy. It was a world of urban sprawl, where enormous cities covered the planet?s surface. This history logs had indicated that it was an extremely polarized world. For the human population, many had the chance to live in luxury on the upper portions of the planet?s cities. For the unfortunate beings who had been born as a non-human, they were doomed to live life in the undercities: a desolate wasteland filled with plague.

Nearly four-thousand years ago, everything would change for its inhabitants. The feared Sith Lord Darth Malak laid waste to the planet, ordering his flagship to rain down turbolaser fire upon the helpless beings below. It was unclear why Malak had ordered the attack, for the records had been lost in the great Jedi Purge initiated by the Galactic Empire. As a result, it would take thousands of years for the planet to rebuild itself. It wasn?t until approximately three years before the Battle of Yavin that Taris returned to an urban state.

?Question,? Kasari Lisae said as she looked through the forward viewport. ?Why did you choose this planet? If you?re going to drag us into Imperial Space, I thought you?d at least choose an interesting destination.?

?What, you?ve never wanted to take a vacation in this sector?? Darvix replied. ?What?s not to like? I mean, you have your ruins of a civilization destroyed thousands of years earlier, a wonderful view of urban chaos, not to mention a native population comprised of complete bigots.?

It always amused Darvix to notice that history had a disgusting tendency to repeat itself. From the intelligence reports he had read over before arriving, he had noted that the cities on the planet?s surface had become divided by social status. It was much like Coruscant before it had fallen away from the Empire. Upper class citizens lived towards the city surfaces, while middle and lower class citizens toiled away in the significantly dirtier lower sectors. As for the non-humans and their sympathizers, they were cast off into the bowels of the planet, forced to fend for themselves. In short, Taris had completely reverted to the way it once was.

?You?ll have to forgive my ignorance,? Vik started.

?Which I?ve had to do for years,? Darvix said in turn.

Vik shot a glare at Darvix before continuing, ?What?s so important about this ?Revan? character??

?Darth Revan,? Darvix said, gazing through the viewport. ?He was an extremely promising Jedi at the time of the great Mandalorian War nearly four-thousand years ago. Some say he was well on his way to becoming a Jedi Master, for his ability to call upon the Force was unparalleled.?

?What went wrong??

?When the Old Republic begged the Jedi Council for assistance, the Council refused. The old Masters felt that negotiations and patience should be practiced, despite the fact that the Old Republic was loosing worlds and systems to the Mandalorian Empire faster than a Hutt devouring a bantha?well, maybe I need a better analogy, but you get the picture.?

?So Revan decided to take matters into his own hands, I assume?? Kasari asked.

?Precisely,? Darvix confirmed with a nod, crossing his arms over his chest. ?Revan appealed to all the Jedi who would listen to him, pleading with them to turn away from the Council and assist the Old Republic. A large number of padawans, Jedi, and even Masters turned their back on the council and followed Revan to war. It was a turning point, soon the Mandalorians were on the run, and the Old Republic managed to put an end to the war. However, shortly after the Mandalorians conceded defeat, Revan vanished.

?Several years later, Revan returned to the Galaxy,? Darvix c

4. Matt-Darklighter

Matt-Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2005
    i am lovin this story, big fan of kotor series, cant wait to see what dap finds out, please add me to pm list, thanks

Matt

5. Angel_9

Oct 25, 2002
    Great story elements coming into play now. The love angle between them will be quite interesting to read.

Please keep it up...and faster...I need stuff distract me while I'm at work! LOL just kidding take as long as you need.

Oh and you might want to edit your post, the second half is in there twice.

6. Lane_Winree

Mar 30, 2006
    Okay, an explanation is owed as to why I haven't updated in over a month.

I'm in my senior year in high school, and life is especially busy right now. Between balancing my courseload, marching band, and a job, I've had no time to write. Now, this isn't going to stay true forever.

Marching season ends on November 11th, so I'll get a rather substantial portion of my life back. I should be back to an update a week after that point.

Thanks for being patient, guys. In the meantime, I encourage you guys to go read the works of Inyri and Astronut.

Peace out
    ~Lane

7. Lane_Winree

Mar 30, 2006
    Well, I'm back, sort of. I'm working on a buffer right now, so to tide you over, I've got a guest post done by Astronut, author of X-Wing: Arms of Alderaan. Enjoy, and thanks, Nut!

Post Two

Dap looked down. It was amazing how impossibly dirty one could become just by walking the so-called streets of the Lower City. While his pleasant new aroma of eau-de-garbage would be sure to endear him to crewmates, the state of his clothing offered a particularly challenging conundrum: where does one find a blast furnace hot enough to vaporize this mess?

He waved an arm, fascinated by the murky cloud of dirt and filth-stained sand that emitted from the cloth. Places like the Lower City were never clean; sparkling white walls would have destroyed their reputations as black hives of scum and villainy. Dap had grown up on Nar Shaddaa, one of the filthiest pits of the galaxy, and tended not to mind a bit of dirt, but the thick blanket of dirt dropping from his self onto the floor and furniture disgusted him. After all, if everything was black already, how could you see the black filth of people's idiotic tendencies in order to point them out with vicious rejoinders and sarcastic witticisms?

Scratching at a patch of particularly annoying dirt that had somehow migrated underneath his tunic, he looked up to see another annoyance.

"It's about time you got back." Lisae stood in the small doorway, sharp eyes studying the rather dirty scene.

"Oh, I wasn't aware I had a curfew," he shot as he patted his clothing, raising a dark cloud. "Unlike most people, my brain is big enough that I don't have to worry about it getting lost whenever it plays outside." The dirt settled on the floor, coating it like ash.

She took a few steps into the room to better glare at him. He could feel in the Force the effort she was making not to hold her nose against the smell in an undignified manner. "You should have told us you were going to the ruins by yourself," she continued.

"Ruins, what ruins?" Dap gestured to encompass the room, "I am simply slowly recreating a desert hermitage once ounce of dirt at a time in which to live out the rest of my life devoted to meditation, of the Sith variety of course. Sadly, the rent's a bit steep on Tatooine so I thought this hovel of an apartment would do. So, you think the charred bones should go by the closet or by the bed." He paused, as if thinking hard. "Closet. They might scare the ladies out of the bed. Besides, I just went on a casual little jaunt through the city."

"Still, you could have been hurt," she barked. "Some street thugs or something! We should have gone together, as a team." Her hands clenched into fists, but Dap could sense less anger than he could worry.

While he knew he should have felt touched at her concern, the only emotion he could find was irritation. "Team implies there is no 'I'. Having known what it is to live with out eyes, I tend to hoard them. This is my mission, I?ll operate as I see fit."

"So what am I? The window dressing? Your babysitter?"

"My throw pillow. On the bed you go."

Her eyes cooled, but she persisted despite his attempt at a cutting remark. "Why are you acting like this? I thought you trusted me? What's the matter, didn't find your daily fix?"

His hand went automatically to his pocket, which was depressingly empty. He with drew his hand and noted that it had somehow managed to get dirtier. Clearly, it would be unhygienic to engage in any recreational pursuits until he had his shower. And to have a shower, he would have to chase off Lisae.

"Hourly, get it straight Lisae," he said sourly, glancing towards the enticing open door to the refresher. "And as a matter of policy, I don't trust anyone. Either get on the bed or we'll have to see how throw pillows got their name."

Dap turned his back to her, expecting her to leave while he located any clothing that had managed to avoid contamination. Instead, he felt a strong tug at the back of his tunic that caused him to pivot. Before he could respond further, soft, warm lips

8. voxynking

voxynking Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    Nice update. I'm looking forward to the next one.

9. JediLiberator

JediLiberator Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2004
    awesome story. keep up the good work!

10. Lane_Winree

Mar 30, 2006
    Thanks for reading, guys.

It's kind of hard to get readers for this fic, and it's always nice to see someone new pop in. If you know anyone on this board who enjoys pilot fics, I would love to have them read my first series in the Dap Zorvan saga, the X-Wing: Rise of a Rogue trilogy. I'm really in need of some new readers so I can get more input as to what people want to see in this fic. I greatly appreciate the feedback/comments/criticism that I get. The more input that shows up on my doorstep, the better the fic is going to be.

Thanks again, guys. I'll have a post up on Friday. In the meantime, if you're bored, I strongly encourage you to read November's story of the month, 8 Degrees of Garik Loran by Talkingbananna. That is by and far the most creative fic I have ever read, and is well worth your time.

Peace
    ~Lane

11. princess_of_naboo

Nov 9, 2000
    It seems I missed your September update too. That's what college will do to you, steal all your free time. :p

I'm very interested in finding out what Dap will learn on Taris. The dust cloud thing was hilarious.

I'd comment further, but I've got to get to class. Thanks so much for the PM. I would have missed the story otherwise. I pretty much only read stories I get PM reminders for now, as I don't have time to look and see what's been updated.

12. Angel_9

Oct 25, 2002
    Hey I am back as well. I have always liked reading your stuff Lane keep it up.

Quick question: ?Don?t know and don?t care. Footprints are pretty useless at leading to somewhere, but leading from somewhere, that?s another story. Especially when the footprints include a catastrophic cataclysm. The game?s a foot, dear Vik, and I only hope I have money after spice and taxes to make a large enough bet.? is this praphrased from an actual Holmes story?

Other than that...I also just wanted to appologize for not keeping up with your story. I have been in the process of trying to finish a story of my own. But now that you are back to a semi-regular schedual I will be sure to follow a lot more closely.

13. Astronut

Astronut Jedi Master star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    Guess I should probably chirp in.

?There is no branch of detective science which is so important and so much neglected as the art of tracing footsteps.?
    -Sherlock Holmes, A Study in Scarlet

That's the only Holmes quote in the post. Well, that and the infamous 'The game's a foot'. So no, that part is not paraphrasing, it's just me blathering.

Sorry, forgot to have Lane credit the quote. That one's my fault.

14. Yoda-i_am

Yoda-i_am Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 10, 2006
    plops down on the floor and waits patiently for the next update.

Sorry I have been gone for so long DRL and I have an ongiong battle got enough time to read up on this though and I have to say this is as good as the Rise of a Rogue seires.

Cant wait for more.

YODA

15. Lane_Winree

Mar 30, 2006
    Thanks for the responses, everyone!

Sorry this is late.

Post Three

?He?s gay,? Kasari said bluntly as she glowered at Darvix?s back. ?There?s no other explanation.?

?Do you say that about every man who?s turned you down?? Vik asked.

?Look at his shoes,? Kasari said, glancing over at Vik.

?He?s always worn those,? Vik said as he looked at the bright colored athletic shoes on Darvix?s feet.

?Who wears those with a tunic?? Kasari asked. ?It all adds up. No girlfriend, always hanging out with Skywalker, and his obsession with those shoes.?

?Well I?m impressed you can determine his sexual orientation based only on his choice of footwear,? Vik said with a slight grin.

?The shoes never lie.?

Darvix was far enough ahead of Vik and Kasari as to not hear their conversation concerning him. The last thing Kasari needed was more of Darvix?s ?wit.? She still couldn?t believe what she had done only hours earlier. Kasari had seen Darvix truly angry only once before, when she had disobeyed his direct order and followed him off into a snubfighter skirmish. Only then, that anger had been a fiery tirade that made his intentions clear. This time, Kasari couldn?t see what was bothering him. She knew he was upset at her, but under that were layers she couldn?t hope to penetrate.

That hadn?t been normal Darvix behavior. The kiss hadn?t touched a nerve; it had applied an electric shock to a nerve.

?He?s not gay,? Vik said. ?Perhaps he switch hits, I don?t know, but he?s not gay.?

?And you know this how?? Kasari asked, casting an amused look at Vik.

?We?ve?had a chance to catch up,? Vik responded carefully.

Kasari shook her head and stepped over a large rock. At one point in time, there had been a large city where she now walked. Now all that stood was broken duracrete that had long since been taken over by plant life. As far as she was concerned, there was nothing to be found, but Darvix seemed to be convinced that something could be found in these ruins. She doubted any substantial clues could have survived five thousand years soil erosion and plant growth. She seriously doubted any clues could have possibly survived the precursor Sith bombardment that laid waste to the planet?s surface. Just as Kasari was about to sigh in frustration, she looked up just as she bumped into Darvix.

?Didn?t your mothers ever tell you that it isn?t nice to talk about someone?s sexual preferences behind their backs?? Darvix asked.

?Obviously yours didn?t,? Kasari replied. ?Didn?t anyone ever tell you that it?s considered rude in most cultures to eavesdrop on someone else?s conversation with the Force??

?I?ve been naughty,? Darvix replied. ?I think you need to spank me.?

?You had your chance,? Kasari said, pushing past the two men.

?She sure told you,? Vik noted. ?I always had the feeling you were into-?

?My sexual fantasies are not up for discussion right now,? Darvix replied.

Darvix had slipped out of sight shortly after the group stopped to rest. They had left behind the landspeeder hours earlier, and the sun was at its highest point in the sky. Kasari took a long drink from her canteen and rubbed the sweat off her brow with the sleeve of her shirt. She couldn?t help but feel that they were following a cold trail. From the data Darvix had given her, there was a good chance that Darth Revan had never set foot on Taris. If that was the case, there wouldn?t be any clues to be found, and they would wind up at square one again.

?Just how much has Zorvan told you about his life before joining the Jedi Academy?? Vik asked from atop a boulder in front of her.

?Not much, as you can expect,? Kasari replied. ?I know he?s from Nar Shaddaa and was in Rogue Squadron for a little under a year, but other than that, I don?t know a great deal.?

Vik nodded and jumped to the ground below him, dusting off his jacket, ?I suppose that?s why you have no qualms with trying to get into Zorvan?s pants.?

?Oh, Vader?s Bones,? Kasari groaned. ?He is gay, isn

16. princess_of_naboo

Nov 9, 2000
    Whoa, interesting ending there. Loved the update!

17. Angel_9

Oct 25, 2002
    Thanks for the PM...another great post.

Nice end as well. I am really looking forward to the next update.

18. voxynking

Apr 12, 2005
    hmm so the undercity. Very nice how he "opened" the entrance. Looking forward to the next update. Should be very interesting.

19. Matt-Darklighter

Matt-Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2005
    UBER UPNESS!!!! no post for ages, im gettin withdrawals wors than dap, MUST HAVE POSTS

Matt

20. Lane_Winree

Mar 30, 2006
    First off, I apologize. Life has been extraordinarily hectic for me the last few months. I can say, I'm back now, and I'm writing. My time right now is split between two projects, this, as well as an original piece of fiction that I'm working on. If I can find a place to post it (or if you can recommend one) I'll make it available to all of you.

Without further ado, Dap is Back.

Post Four

Vik Kelrune stared at the plate of food in front of him, a grimace on his face. It had been Kasari?s idea to eat at this sullustan restaurant. He wasn?t quite sure what it was. He wasn?t quite sure why it was an extremely unnatural color, or more importantly, why it was still moving. All he knew was that he suddenly found his appetite was missing in action. As he glanced over at Kasari, he saw that, to no surprise, she seemed to have lost the desire to eat as well.

?I said we should go to the café two blocks behind us, but no, you insisted we try this,? Vik chided. ? ?Where?s your sense of adventure?? you said. I tried to talk you out of it, but no, you just ?had- to eat here. I knew this would be bad. If Sullustan food was as offensive as Sullustan music, we were going to be in for a world of hurt. No, we could have just-?

?Okay,? Kasari said, exasperated, ?I get it. You were right.?

With that, Kasari stood and picked up the bag beside her, walking out of the Resteraunt, leaving a few credits on the table behind her. Vik followed in tow, thankful that he didn?t have to stare at his meal any longer. The two stepped back onto the main drag of the shopping district. Night had long since fallen over the capitol of Taris, but the streets were still full of people either shopping for goods or trying to find some form of entertainment.

?I think we?re good on supplies,? Kasari said, glancing into her bag. ?Pair these with the rations we brought, we should be good for a few days away from civilization.?

?Not quite yet,? Vik replied. ?I still need to pick up something.?

Kasari raised a brow as she fell into step with Vik. At first glance, there wasn?t anything truly remarkable about the man. He was slightly shorter than average height, typical for a man who used to have to fit himself into the tight confines of a military snubfighter. His wiry, brown hair was cropped short, indicative of his military background.

?What, did I forget something?? Kasari asked, genuinely concerned.

?No, no,? Vik replied. ?Zorvan didn?t tell us to pick these up.?

She followed Kelrune into a small, somewhat smoky shop. As her eyes adjusted to the dim light, she realized where she was: a weapons outfitter., vibroblades, hand blasters, blaster rifles, and other weapons of combat. She frowned slightly. Each one of the weapons before her were so crude, so unrefined. They were just mass-produced killing tools that could be wielded by the untrained to do indescribable damage.

Vik approached the back counter and the Rodian standing behind it, ?I need a Solo special,? he said bluntly.

?I?m sorry,? the Rodian replied in crude basic. ?That weapon has been outlawed in Imperial territory.?

?I know you have one,? Vik said, glaring at the alien. ?Either show me what you have, or I tell the authorities that your weapons license hanging on your wall is forged.?

Vik gestured to a display on the wall behind the Rodian. Kasari wasn?t sure whether Vik had just bluffed, or if he really knew the license was faked. As she stretched out with the Force, she could feel the Rodian tense with both fear and uncertainty. Without saying a word, the alien disappeared into a back room, returning with two cases, setting them on the counter top.

Vik smiled tightly and opened the cases, beckoning Kasari to come forward, ?Two BlasTech DL44 heavy hand-blasters, also known as the Han Solo special. These things have been outlawed since the beginning of the Galactic Civil war, turns out they?re pretty effective at piercing Stormtrooper armor... Had mine confiscated a while back, bout time I replace it.?

?Lovely,? Kasari said. ?Buy it f

21. voxynking

Apr 12, 2005
    Hate to take this from you but it's so perfect. "Dap is back." This is great. Of course it comes at a time when I have two four projects and three test but hey. I gotta read the update.

22. Lane_Winree

Mar 30, 2006
    I must apologize again for the space between updates. Right now, I'm actually working on two pieces. This, as well as an original piece I'm working on that you can read here:
    http://z10.invisionfree.com/LiteraryHaven/index.php?showtopic=56&st=0&#last

I should have another post up by the end of the week!

23. voxynking

Apr 12, 2005
    Looking forward to the update.

24. Lane_Winree

Mar 30, 2006
    Post Five

Darvix squinted into the darkness as he adjusted the pulley attached to the harness he was wearing. As he alleviated the tension on the pulley, the duracord he had dropped into the elevator shaft began moving through it faster, quickening his rate of descent into the depths of the Old Taris ruins. As he looked above him, he noticed that the sunlight was becoming dimmer and dimmer as he descended lower. He assumed that he had passed the Middle City a few hundred meters ago, meaning he was still a few hundred meters away from the Undercity.

?Explain to me,? Vik said from below Darvix, ?what?s the importance of this location??

Darvix reached up to his head, turning on the headlamp he had pulled out of a survival kit. As he turned it on, he looked down at Vik, who was forced to shield his eyes from the bright intrusion.

?I think this may have been one of Revan?s stopping points during his excursion on Taris,? Darvix replied as he continued to feed duracord through the harness.

?What gives you that indication?? Kasari asked from above him.

?Two things,? Darvix replied. ?First were a set of Old Republic travel logs that survived the Purge. There was a Jedi by the name of Bastila Shan who apparently was a central figure of the Jedi Civil War approximately four thousand years ago. Based on bits and pieces of data from the Jedi Archives and the history databanks on Coruscant, it appears that the Old Jedi Council appointed her to lead a taskforce to either capture or kill Darth Revan.

?Now, historically the last reported sightings of Darth Revan occurred somewhere in this system. It isn?t far to believe that Bastila wouldn?t be far behind him. According to the travel logs, she was on board the Endar Spire, a military transport that was destroyed over Taris approximately the same time the reports of Darth Revan?s appearances surfaced. The Jedi Archives indicated that Bastila survived and wound up on Taris? surface.?

Darvix glanced down again, still waiting to spot the ground below, ?Now, the second reason we?re coming down into this cozy little spot is a matter of logistics, so to speak. I got a hold of the schematics of the area Bastila reportedly wound up at. Old Taris was divided up into the portions, the upper city, the lower city, and the undercity. The entire planet was razed by Darth Malak, meaning that both the upper and lower cities were probably obliterated. Now, based on the design structure, it?s highly probable that the undercity survived the onslaught based on its location. If there are any clues to be found, it would be there.?

?So we?re investigating a lead that was formed by spotty evidence and really is mostly conjecture?? Vik asked. ?Can?t say I?m overwhelmed by confidence right now, Dap.?

?Does it help if I tell you I?ve got a good feeling about this?? Darvix teased.

?That?s just the spice talking,? Kasari replied.

Darvix released the duracord from his harness and stepped away from the mangled elevator shaft. Pulling his backpack off his shoulders, he reached in and retrieved the lantern he had brought. As he flipped on the light source, he was taken aback by what he saw

?Sweet mother of kriff,? Vik said. ?I can?t believe this stuff is still standing after four thousand years.?

All around them were makeshift huts, long since abandoned, but remarkalbly, still standing. The earth below them had begun taking over the shelters, but it was still apparent what had once been here. The Outcasts of Taris had been here at some point, and had likely survived the bombardment of the planet all those years ago. He was right that the undercity survived the bombardment, and if he was correct about a subsequent theory, than Darvix felt confident he would be on the fast track to discovering what happened to Darth Revan.

?What happens now?? Vik asked.

?We set up camp for the night,? Darvix said quietly, ?I need some time to think.?

Darvix returned to his backpack and began to set up a survival tent, which he quickly retreated into. Prior to lea

25. Lane_Winree

Mar 30, 2006
    And the next post:

?I can?t believe she almost took his head off,? Kasari said as he looked over at Darvix and the newcomer.

?I can?t believe she missed,? Vik mused. ?Do you have any idea who that is??

Kasari shrugged, ?How should I know??

?I don?t know,? Vik responded. ?I suppose that if you?ve been hiding in a cave with your fingers shoved up your ears screaming the Vader Bantha Steak theme song at the top of your lungs, you wouldn?t know. That?s Mirax Terrik Horn, daughter of the great Booster Terrik.?

?Kriff,? Kasari groaned. ?What is it with Zorvan and finding smugglers everywhere we go??

?Smugglers make everything more entertaining,? Vik mused. ?They?re like the drunken houseguest at a party.?

?I?d find that to be rather rude and annoying.?

?See, this is why no one thinks you?re any fun,? Vik said.

?Who says I?m not any fun?? Kasari asked.

?Myself, Zorvan, and most of the known Galaxy.?

On the other side of the makeshift campfire the party had set up, Darvix was glancing over a datapad he had brought with him, all the while idly chatting with Mirax. Darvix had first met her on his first assignment with Rogue Squadron. She had smuggled the Rogues into the Imperial controlled planet Telos, where they then stole one of the last remaining Phantom-D34 class TIE Fighters. It proved to be a rather traumatic ride, filled with all the clichés that could possibly be found in a B-Grade Coruscant holodrama. Ultimately, it culminated in him losing his left arm from the elbow down. At least now he could claim he was in the hallowed ?Prosthetic Limb Society? within the New Republic military. Hell, he could probably be president of that society when he coupled that with his old cybernetic eyes.

No, Darvix mused to himself. That would involve me getting into more accidents than Hobbie. I don?t want that.

?So what brings you out to this backwater, Rhakgoul infested wasteland?? Mirax asked.

?Visions of grand adventure, noble deeds, and saving damsels in distress,? Darvix replied.

?Delusions of grandeur??

?Nah, that?s just the spice talking,? Darvix said. ?What about you??

?Officially, I?m gathering information for a client,? Mirax said. ?Unofficially, I?m treasure hunting.?

?Treasure hunting?? Darvix asked. ?Seems a little juvenile, don?t you think??

?What can I say?? Mirax said. ?I?m just a child in heart, I suppose.?

?Well, you?re child-like innocence confirms that,? Darvix joked as his eyes glanced from her face to her chest, ?but that rack says you?re all woman, baby.?

Mirax frowned at Darvix, sitting more upright, ?You know, if I were like most other women, I would have either slapped you or poured my hot caf all over you.?

?But you?re not like most other women,? Darvix mused. ?Come on, dump that prude Corran. You could do so much better with me.?

?Eh, you?re right,? Mirax admitted. ?I?m not like most other women. I?m considering castrating you where you sit.?

Darvix grinned, ?I bet I can figure out who?s the dominant one in your marriage.?

?Damn straight,? Mirax ?Corran?s whipped.?

Darvix laughed and shook his head, ?So, you?re on a treasure hunt. What is this treasure you?re looking for??

?Not sure,? Mirax confessed. ?I stumbled across some rather archaic information in Karrde?s library a few months ago. It?s written in rather primitive Basic, but from what I gather, it?s speaking of a ?promised land? hidden somewhere on this planet.?

Darvix?s head shot up, ?Do you have this information on you right now??

?Sure,? Mirax said, raising a brow, ?but it?ll cost you.?

?Fine, fine,? Darvix said. ?My tent, 0200 hours. Would you like it gentle and sensual or hot, steamy, and rough??

?None of the above, thank you,? Mirax said, brushing off Darvix?s crude mock-advances. ?Ten thousand credits.?

?Done,? Darvix said. ?The Jedi Academy will cover it.?

Mirax stared at Darvix in silence for a few moments, ?Damn, should have asked for fifteen thousand.?

How Mirax ended up with the information that now rested in Darvix?s hands was far bey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.