main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Redemption *Update 1/21/05*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Watcher_of_Dreams, Nov 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watcher_of_Dreams

Watcher_of_Dreams Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2004
    Title: Redemption
    Author: Watcher_of_Dreams
    Genre: AU

STAR WARS
    Redemption

POST ONE
    Gardens were a place of reflection, and it was no different on the sith homeworld of Kristmartch. Only the occupants were different. Sith-developed flowers bloomed in ornate transperisteel pots, fountains sprayed water of varying colors and patterns, and the creatures that flew around resembled smaller versions of Sith Dragons.

One of the human occupants sat quietly on a bench and blinked his large silver eyes in deep thought. He was a respected member of Sith society, and was older than he looked. He was the first Arayan, or long-lived sith, son of Onderon, founder of the sith order. His name was Flanor, and he was the current leader of the Sith Council.

Flanor whipped his head around sharply, startled by something, and he tried to figure out what it was. His stern aristocratic face broke into a smile when he saw his son Halan step toward him.

With sharp blue-silver eyes, blonde-brown hair, 6' 2" height and intimidating tenor, Halan looked the part of a high member of society. His career was the military leader for the Sith Starfleet, which had more than 200,000 ships, not including picket ships.The silver sith roses that held his midnight blue cloak at points near his shapely ears rustled as he sat next to his father.

"How is Aleema?" he asked, trying to keep his baritone voice down.

"Fine. The child was born earlier today."

"A girl?"

"Yes. Layana Aryssia."

"You sound troubled."

"My son was stolen by the Jedi."

"Is he the Chosen One the council speaks of?"

"Yes."

"What did you name him?"

"Anakin Skywalker."

"Fire child," Flanor Skywalker whispered fearfully, "All we can hope is that we find him."

"I hope we will, Father. Or I will have lost my only son," Halan said before leaving the gardens.

"I hope so also, son."

~ Post- ANH ~
    Lord Vader, also known as Anakin Skywalker, hissed through his breath mask in frustration. The Rebels were stubborn! He had hoped to have them by now.

"Sir," one of his men said, "we have found the Death Star's destroyer."

Finally , Vader added mentally.

He strode into his meditation chamber and said to his friend and trusted admiral Pellaeon, "Let's see who this is.

The admiral loaded the datadisk, glad this search was over. His friend had become obsessive with finding the pilot, and now he could kill him and calm down. That was not to be.

"The rebel pilot responsible for the Death Star's destruction is one young man named Luke Skywalker from the planet of Tatooine. He joined the Rebellion after Imperial troops killed his aunt and uncle on their search for the missing plans. He had two droids with him, one of which held the plans, and fled the planet aboard the smuggling frieghter the Milennium Falcon . He is eighteen years of age, 1.85 meters tall, and has sapphire eyes and sun-blonde hair. He is the son of the Jedi Anakin Skywalker and Queen and Senator Padme Amidala of Naboo, and possesses extreme Force-sensitivity."

"Loading holograph onto floor projector, full size."

An image of a young man with the previously stated features and an aristocratic eagle face loaded in a few seconds. His eyes were almond shaped and the deepest sapphire-silver, reflecting his emotions perfectly. He wore simple white Tatooine clothing with regal grace and dignity.

Lord Vader sat as still as marble, shocked beyond words at the appearance of a son he had presumed dead long ago with his wife.

Luke was so proud, it was a sight that Vader would remember for years to come. The first that he had seen of his son.

Later on, Vader sealed himself in his meditation chamber with an intent to try and heal his lungs. He closed his eyes, which had turned a piercing falcon yellow at his turning, and using his anger, focused himself in meditation.

Deep into the Force, he had no sense of time when he felt something tugging him toward a small area in him, pulling him with an irresistable tug as soft and yet as powerful as Palpatine

2. DreamOfKenobi

DreamOfKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2004
    Very original concept! I'll be following this story with great interest.

3. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Interesting.... I didn't notice this was new. It was posted 11/19/04! ;)

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks for the PM! It looks great so far! Can't wait for more! :D

5. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    I read like to read more also.

6. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Wow... this is rather creepy. Don't ask me how, but it has a dark kind of feel to it - not that that's a bad thing! It's an interesting AU concept you've got here. Those nasty baby-snatching Jedi... So what happened to Anakin's father? And what's Vader plotting now? Intriguing fic, it'll be interesting to see where you take it.

7. Watcher_of_Dreams

May 30, 2004
    DreamofKenobi : Thanks! I hope you do continue reading :D
    GreatOne: Glad to have you on board [face_laugh]
    Kynstar: You're welcome! Glad to se that you like it.
    Owphoenix: glad to see you again
    Knight_Aragorn: It is different, but I hope you will like it [face_plain]

All right, enough talking! Here's a post :D

~~Hoth~~POST TWO
    Luke Skywalker flinched when he felt the dark prescence of Lord Vader and instantly closed his mind. He scolded himself for letting his boundaries fall, and then scolding turned to worrying as he considered.

If Lord Vader had felt his prescence then he had to warn Leia of an invasion soon. Leia wouldn't be happy. Luke had found the base, and he had told the Alliance Council that it should be safe. Now he had to tell them that they had to pack up and leave.

He turned away from the main doors, and a voice said suddenly, wait, don't go just yet. Wait . He agreed. The Council would be angry with him, and he might as well delay the bad news until he was sure.

He returned to his quarters, passing many well-wishers and congratulatory young men and women who had only joined after the farmboy pilot had destroyed the Death Star at the Battle of Yavin.

Once he was in his roooms, Luke hooked Artoo-Detoo up to a power charger for a much needed rest. He changed out of his commander uniform and fingered the insignia proudly before putting on his night clothes and going to be, wishing for a full night's sleep.

~~Later~~
    Luke was jolted awake in the middle of the night by the sound of an alarm going off, bouncing the sound off of the walls of ice. It took him a second to recognize, but when he did, he cursed fluently in Huttese at himself.

It was the general alarm, which meant that the Imperials had found them. Luke knew that his logic had been off, and that he should have realized that Vader would know where they were, with how powerful the dark lord was.

He was running toward the main comand center when he abruptly changed directions and ran toward the starfighter bay.

His X-wing was docked there, ready to fly at a moment's notice. He jumped in and placed his flying helmet on, prepared at last to do what he did best. Fly.

~~Imperial Walkers~~
    Vader walked onto the battle bridge of the leading Imperial Walker after making sure that his TIE fighter was secured in the docking bay.

He preferred being there at the head of the fight to being in his quarters, restlessly pacing and waiting for the results. It was in his blood, and he had proudly learned that it was in Luke also.

His son was the commander and head of Rogue Squadron, the very best pilot group the Rebellion had to offer.

Vader was head of the 101st TIE division, the elite pilots also known as Death Squadron. He enjoyed leading a squadron rather than following another's orders.

Ending his mental comparison between him and his son, Vader strode onto the bridge and watched the rebel fighters. There was one in particular that he was watching, and he said to communications, "Get that starfighter's com signal."

The Imperial complied. At first there was silence, then static, and finally a distinguishable voice.

"Wedge," the first voice said, "get two of your men onto the Walker leading the second line."

"Getting on it now, commander," a different voice said.

"Luke, will our weapons pierce those things?" Wedge asked.

"It has to Wedge!"

"All right."

"Go! NOW!"

Several unsuccessful attempts ensued, before Luke said something that indicated that his brain was still ticking.

"Use your harpoons and tow cables, Rogues! Go for the legs!"

The starfighters looped around behind the Walkers, and the lead one that Vader had been watching looped away as one of the other pilots began circling around another Walker's legs.

After five turns the Walker toppled, and Vader made a decision.

"Keep going, commander. I am going to take my ship out along with part of Death Squadron and attack them on their level."

The c

8. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Uh oh. Poor Luke. :( *run Luke, run!*

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Uh oh! I sense a confrontation coming up! Hope Luke will keep his wits about him!

Great job :D can't wait for more! Thanks for the PM!

10. qtrhrs78

qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    This is a very interesting story. I'm curious to see how the beginning part with Anakin's father ties in.

11. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    I'm hooked! I can't wait for more!

12. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Oh dear. This could be bad. What's Vader up to...?

Great post, Watcher_of_Dreams!

13. Watcher_of_Dreams

May 30, 2004
    Thanks you guys! :D Glad to see that you guys like the posts. I will be posting when ever possible because my computer at home crashed. :mad:

14. Watcher_of_Dreams

May 30, 2004
    Next Post!

~~Rogue Squadron~~POST THREE
    Luke was spiraling around an Imperial Cruiser that had come into low orbit when he saw eight TIE fighters emerge from the bay of a Walker.

"Wedge," he asked worriedly, "is that Death Squadron? At least part of it?"

"Yes it is, Rogue leader."

"Lead the squadron until I come back."

"Okay Luke. Be careful."

Lord Vader watched as one of the x-wing fighters looped out of the group toward his squadron. It was a graceful fighter, piloted with ease and control, and he had a good idea who was piloting it.

He opened the Rebels com channel and kept it to Luke's frequency only.

"Skywalker," he rumbled smoothly and proudly.

"Lord Vader," Luke answered through clenched teeth.

"You are a good pilot. Too bad you were one of the only ones that survived Yavin."

"Because of you."

"Yes, I admit that I tend to get into fighting Rebels, but you seem to enjoy killing Imperial pilots."

"That's because the Imperial cause is wrong."

Luke cut the channel and lowered his guns so that they were practically point blank against Vader's TIE fighter.

Vader realized suddenly that Luke wasn't kidding, and he was going to fire in a few seconds.

"Luke, don't fire," he said calmly.

"Give me one good reason why," Luke snarled.

"Luke, I can't tell you over such a frequency! Do you know how easy these are to break into?"

"Yes I do. And I'm going to kill you for what you did to my life, Vader."

"Luke, please, don't! My men will fire on you if you try!" Vader was frantic now.

"At least I will have killed you first."

Luke was starting to fire, and Vader was trying to figure out what had gone wrong, when a beam caught both of their ships and shook them once, knocking them out. The huge dagger shaped ship drew them into its bay, a huge carnivore with tiny herbivore prey.

15. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    :eek: :eek:

Well, this is an interesting turn of events! What ship knocked them BOTH out, and is kidnapping them?? :eek:

16. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Oh, great story! I hope you will update this one again soon. [face_praying]

17. Watcher_of_Dreams

May 30, 2004
    Between Christmas and all the problems with my computer I lost where I was! Here are TWO posties as my apology. Your questions about Anakin's father are answered here!

~~The Ship~~POST FOUR
    Luke woke up a minute before his ship docked, and was able to see the huge size of the ship that he was on. At least he had Artoo with him, he conceded as he looked back at the little blue and white astromech droid.

He jumped out of the ship onto the docking bay floor, and looked around in awe and disbelief.

The docking bay was spread out in circles, each circle coming to the center where his ship sat. The ships were also docked on the walls, in stacks supported by metal beams and high-intensity wires. But what had shocked him were the ships themselves. The starfighters were small and sleek, pitch black in color with a high reflective surface and a gold sun with rays an inch from the sun on each wing. The cruisers were sleek and venomous looking, dark in color and highlighted with red, blue, silver or gold. The gold ones were the fanciest, the red simplest.

He was looking around when he registered that he wasn't alone. He whipped his head around and saw a small TIE fighter with hexagonal wings and dark solar panels. He ignited his blue saber with a hiss when he saw Lord Vader step out of the fighter.

Vader turned around and looked at his son, who stood in a defense stance near his x-wing fighter. He sighed and ignored him for the moment, more intrigued with the ships in the bay.

"Welcome to the Star Challenger. "

They turned around and stared. A woman stood before them. She had fiery red hair, dark emerald eyes, and a sharp tilt to her head that suggested power and intelligence. She wore a dark black gown that was cut in the front to below the shoulder blades and a black leather skirt that hugged her waist and stayed in place thanks to a gold belt that held an ornate lightsaber handle.

"My name is Lady Jade, but you two may call me Mara. I will lead you to the bridge and tell you about who we are."

She turned around and started to walk off, and Vader looked discreetly at Luke and decided to follow. Luke almost rejected, but his curiosity got the better of him and he followed grudgingly.

"You said you were Lady Jade. What are the levels here?"

"They are Darth, Spirit and Lord, and the female equivalents are Dari, Empress, and Lady, in that order from most common to elite."

"What is this society? The gold sun looks familiar, but I can't place it," Vader asked.

"The Sith. We are those that are part of the old sith, or the Sith Empire."

Luke dug in his heels and came to an abrupt stop facing Jade. He glowered at her for a second before walking again.

"You said your name was Mara Jade. You look familiar. What was your occupation before coming to the Sith Empire?"

"I was a private assassin for Palpatine called the Emperor's Hand. A pet project for secret agents."

"That's where I've seen you. I caught you on camera when you invaded Jabba the Hutt's Tatooine palace," Vader declared.

"I know. I deliberately let you catch me on camera. Palpatine told me to. He wanted to see your reaction."

Luke shot her a sharp glance. He'd recognized her from somewhere else, but he didn't say it.

POST FIVE
    They continued talking until they came to a huge conference room. Jade ordered them to sit, and proceeded to tell them an extraordinary story.

"Lord Vader, you are not who you think you are. Long ago, maybe 36 years ago, when you were three, you were in the possession of the Sith Order. You were their Chosen One, which is not a Jedi term, but the term that the Jedi Council used for the young man who would become the father of the next Sith Prince. Your mother, Shmi, was not actually your mother, but your father's sister. Your father's name is Halan, and he is responsible for putting you on Tatooine. It was a planet that he had razed into its present state after a war against the natives. Your mother is the now retired leader of the Empress Teta System, and was a military strategist

18. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Interesting posts, but I do have a question. Where is Leia? Does Luke know Leia at all in this story, since they just told him Leia was his sister?

19. cleveland1000

cleveland1000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2004
    really intresting story so far and cant wait for the next post. PM me when the next post comes.

20. Watcher_of_Dreams

May 30, 2004
    Cleveland 1000: Glad to have you here :D will add you to my PM list immediately.

GreatOne : Hey! first reply! :D Does this help your question? "How did they block my memory?" Luke said harshly.
    "When the Jedi took you from your mother, they placed walls in your mind to keep you from realizing who you are. Either your grandfather or your great-grandfather can remove them."
    "My sister?"
    "Still safely hidden. Amidala chose a better place to hide Leia than she did you."
    Luke did know about her. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

21. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I like this and its an original idea. nice way for Luke to learn of his father though.

can't wait for more

22. Watcher_of_Dreams

May 30, 2004
    Here is an Update. Read and Enjoy! (Hopefully [face_plain] )

~~The Chambers~~ POST SIX
    Anakin followed Jade into the chambers, and looked around in surprise. "Sit down," Jade said, letting her hand sweep to encompass a black leather chair facing a mirror.

He sat down and waited for her next command.

"Do you want me to remove the helmet, or would you prefer to?" Jade asked, waiting for him. She knew that this would be a shock.

"I would like it if you would remove it. I don't think my hands are steady enough right now," Vader said to her.

She disconnected the wires and the magnetic field that connected the helmet part to the facemask. Then she lifted the helmet off, exposing the skull-like black mask. Jade then disconnected the wires there and lifted it forward and up, off of his face.

Anakin found himself looking into a face he had thought lost forever. His blonde hair shimmered in the low lighting, the unruly curls disturbed by the lifting of the mask. His skin tone was healthy, if a little pale, his nose was still as straight and powerful as before, drawing down two well-arched eyebrows that framed aristocratic eyes that were oval shaped and brilliant eagle yellow in color.

"There is a shower in the next room if you wish to remove the armor and shower, and the clothes are sitting on the counter top of the bedroom armour."

He nodded, trying to hold in grateful tears. He had thought himself lost, but he was still here. If only Padme were still alive. He shut his eyes and turned away, ashamed of wishing for something else when he had been just allowed so much.

"Would you like me to wait and escort you to your father's rooms?"

"No, Lady. I will be able to find them," Anakin replied in a soft voice, grateful to her.

She nodded and slipped from the room without a sound.

Anakin showered, enjoying the smell of sith roses, and then stepped out of the shower into the dryer. These were a luxury, and Anakin enjoyed them. They dried you with heated fans all around and you could sit in a chair and enjoy the heat and massage. After a long time in the dryer, Anakin stepped out of it and walked to the armour. It was made of fine Alderaani Maplewood, and he liked the smooth feeling of it under his hands. He saw the clothes, and grinned. It consisted of a simple black top with a folded-down collar cut with a small v-neck, black leather pants and mid-calf length black military-standard boots. Last but not least was a smooth black velvet cape with the clasp a sith rose. He slipped on the black gloves with silver sith suns on them and buckled the silver utility belt before opening the doors to his temporary quarters.

~~ Halan's Quarters~~ POST SEVEN
    He found his grandfather, father and son in his father's quarters. Also in there were two women, one that looked pretty enough to have stepped from a catalog, and a younger one whose face was a feminine version of his father's.

The older woman smiled when he walked in, and stood up to come over to where he was. She wore brilliant turqouise blue gown that was layered with white, and a sheer white veil covered her face from forehead to the tip of her nose. Her eyes were a sparkling pale green-blue, and her hair was red and white streaked.

"It has been a long time, Anakin," she said, tears in her eyes.

"Anakin," Flanor said with a laugh, "the woman you are speaking to is your mother Aleema Keto, and the one sitting here is your younger sister Layana Aryssia."

"Hello Anakin," Layana said with a smile.

She had gray eyes with blue irises, thin black eyelashes, and her mother's black hair. Hers was black enough to cast a blue highlight, and she was around 5' 11". She wore a deep red gown and red eyeshade applied to a small degree on the top lashes. She was cool toward him, a little stiff, and he wondered how he had gotten her irritated already.

Layana's like that Anakin. She's been in a bad mood for around five months now, ever since she and your father had a good shouting match about who she is allied with. Aleema sent her son this, a

23. qtrhrs78

qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.