main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive redtenko's gallery - sketches and cartoons, updated 1-15-08

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by redtenko, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redtenko

redtenko Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    I decided that I like drawing sw characters enough that I might as well get a thread here.

First post: Luke and Mara are Just Getting Comfortable

Drew this a while back, but I still like it.

Post for 1-15-08: Luke and Mara are Completely Mature

So I suppose I made them look like teenagers, oh well! I just happen to draw cartoony most of the time.

More to come! you know, eventually...

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome to Fan Art, redtenko!

Really nice Luke and Mara drawing! It's different from anything I've seen before and I really like your approach and the style you're going for. I hope you plan to stick around so we can see more of your work! :D

3. redtenko

Nov 7, 2006
    HanSolo29 -
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad you like my drawing, hopefully I'll have more up soon :)

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice colouring and a nice scene.

5. JediPrimePA

JediPrimePA Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2007
    Wow...very nice drawing. Shows good skills. Can't wait to see more of your work.

6. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ah, and here Luke shows some of his non-dopey side. Exciting!

7. redtenko

Nov 7, 2006
    Kecen - I love dopey Luke, non-dopey luke, Luke in general....

JediPrimePA - thank you :D! I have a small stockpile of sketches that I'll eventually post, so more work is to come

earlybird-obi-wan - thank you! I'm a total earthtone hog in my coloring, so I'm glad people are going for it

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great update!

I take it you're a big Luke/Mara fan(I guess that's a stupid question :p )? I really like the expressions on their faces and how they're back to back to each other. It's almost as if they're not sure of their feelings. Nice job! :)

9. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Love your update. Very nice style you got there. :D

10. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    GAK!! :oops: I can't believe I missed commenting in here!! So sorry for that oversight! I LOVE your style, and of course, the subject! :D There's a wonderful, unique feel to your lineart--very cool, and so well suited to these two! I love the way you capture an expression! "Getting comfortable" in particular really appeals to me that way--both their faces! [face_love] Your colored piece is terrific, too--is that watercolors...? Very pretty color in Mara's beautiful hair, and the overall warm tone is lovely! Very very nice work, and I can't wait for more (especially if it includes these two! [face_batting] :D )! =D=

FF

11. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    I love both of these drawings! they have such character to them that just make them so much fun to look at!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.