Lit Redundant, Counter-Productive Speculation Time Is Over: "The Star Wars" Announced

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Feb 11, 2013.

1. BoromirsFan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    so star wars 2013 will have a new issue every month? I thought DH was doing series of mini series now?
  2. BoromirsFan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    On the dark horse forums someone posted a rumor that their big announcement may be something related to TCW ending.

Randy wrote something about "anyone can start rumors" or something. He said he isn't sure if the announcement is this week or next week I believe.

After reading people's posts on the TCW threads, and seeing that the team got disbanded I really feel sad about the whole thing. It would be amazing if DH could end the series but I don't mind if their big announcement is something else but equally good.
  3. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Dark Horse to finish the story? [face_laugh] [face_rofl]

[IMG]
  4. BoromirsFan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  5. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Let's just say that I seriously doubt this particular announcement has anything to do with TCW. I don't see the TCW cancellation as information that would been been free knowledge before the announcement. Dark Horse may do something with that, who knows, but not this time.

If I'm wrong, feel free to burn my house down.
  6. BoromirsFan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Yeah good points. I am just trying to think of something "big" that would fit DH. Legacy 2.0 was already announced....what could it beeeeeee?
  7. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, it doesn't necessarily have to be connected to anything. Could be something unexpected or new. Would be a nice counter balance to a refinement of the old (the Brian Wood series, just a Star Wars series set in the familiar Rebellion era), and the resurrection of a favorite (Legacy).
  8. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    KotOR Volume 2? Reenlistment of Baron Fel? Comic adaptations of Hand of Thrawn? Xim?
  9. BoromirsFan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    As much as I love KotOR, would you guys really want to see it relaunched with a new character?
  10. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Yes.

I mean, I'd prefer Zayne & Co, but even without them I'd still like to see the overall Mandalorian War narrative "catch up" to the games.
    Last edited by CooperTFN, Mar 20, 2013
    BoromirsFan and Zorrixor like this.
  11. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    I'd love to see practically anything in that area of the timeline. I think it would be great to star a high ranking general, Jedi or not, in the war. That way you could tell individual stories, battles from the war and stories of a more personal nature, and also feature Revan and Malak from an outsider viewpoint.

Yes, I still think Revan is cool [face_not_talking][face_beatup] Just don't feature the Exile, we'd have to call her Meetra Surik.
    Last edited by instantdeath, Mar 20, 2013
  12. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    I'd not necessarily mind if it was a directly Mandalorian War story about a new character who fought under the command of General Surik. WAR showed people weren't overly keen on Zayne as a soldier, but a chance to see the Exile close up and the effect of the machinations of Revan and Malak would definitely be fun, even if that meant through a new character's eyes.

And, in a way, that could be exciting, as it could have the same thrill of "Is Zayne Nihilus???" but with a new character and us wondering if they will be Atton Rand or something.

And if this time JJM did make it turn out to be the case, even when we would this time be much more cynical about the chances than we were when we were all so convincded about Zayne, that'd be awesome.
    Last edited by Zorrixor, Mar 20, 2013
  13. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    At this point I've had it with teases and surprises. Everything has been bad, clone wars cancelled, aotc and rots 3-d cancelled, detours postponed (we all know what that means) Whats next? Marvel taking over star wars from dark horse?
  14. Lugija Force Ghost

star 4
    Will this new character become Darth Sion? Or Nihilus? When will we see Revan?
    I'm just tickling your nostalgia nerve.

The battle of Malachor should at least be shown somewhere, it's so big an event. Revan vs Mandalore and The Exile pushes the button.
  15. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Somehow I don't think Randy'd be the one announcing that.
    BoromirsFan likes this.
  16. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    But what if it turned out the female protagonist of KOTOR Vol. 2 was the Exile, and "Meetra Surik" was just the alias she adopted to hide from the Jedi after Malachor. ]-}

...and now that I've just gone and said that, that story needs to happen, like right now.

@JohnJacksonMiller please make it so!!! [face_praying]
  17. Lugija Force Ghost

star 4
    It's The Exile. The is the first name.
    Zorrixor likes this.
  18. BoromirsFan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I wonder where exactly they would make this "big" announcement? The forums? Their website?
  19. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    They'll most likely write it in the sky. Location to be determined.
    MistrX likes this.
  20. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Well, if she was called The Exile, that'd kinda give away whether she was going to turn out to be the Jedi Exile. :p

Of course, if it was written by JJM, a character named The Exile wouldn't turn out to be the Exile. :p
  21. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Maybe it keeps getting delayed because they're waiting for a solar eclipse.

Of course, if they don't get it out there by April 1st I might need to have a little fun.
  22. Lugija Force Ghost

star 4
    This reminded me of something...
  23. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Note to self: be wary of Lugija's forthcoming posts.
  24. Lugija Force Ghost

star 4
    Just to mess with you, I will link to the big announcement.
  25. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Can't be anything worse than Mon Calamari vaginas.