main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Redundant Programs?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Darth_Madness, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Madness

Darth_Madness Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
    Let me first start and say that I am coming to CIII and can't wait. I went to CII and had a blast and that is why I am coming to CIII. But is it just me or is having 3 Star Wars type "plays" at one convention a little bit of overkill or redundant. I mean you have the One Man Star Wars, the Star Wars Musical and now they just announced that Star Wars in 30 minutes is coming back. This to me is a little redundant. I loved Star Wars in 30 minutes and I plan on seeing the One Man Star Wars but do we really need all 3. Maybe it's just me. Just wanted to see if anyone else was feeling the same way.

2. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I've never to been to any Star Wars celebration, but I'm going to this one. I really want to see SW in 30 minutes. The others sound interesting, but I also want to attend some actor panels.

3. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    Being from Australia, the chance to see any of these shows over here is fairly slim, so having the chance to see them at C3 will be good for me.

4. obi-going_to_cel_III

obi-going_to_cel_III Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    I plan on seeing all of them. And I mean its not like you HAVE to see it :p

5. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    I missed out on SW in 30 minutes during C2, so I'm glad it's back for the second time. The others I would love to see, if time permit.

I'm just plain happy for the opportunity to attend those shows and others while in Indy for C3...it's a once in a blue moon for me. Therefore, the programs are not redundant for me. :)

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Luke be a Jedi tonight! [face_dancing]
    Just be a Jedi tonight! [face_dancing]
    Do it for Yoda while we serve our guests a soda! [face_dancing]
    And do it for Chewie and the Ewoks, and all the other puppets [face_dancing]
    Luke, be a Jedi tonight! [face_dancing]

Sounds like fun to me!

7. Darth_Madness

Darth_Madness Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
    I wasn't sure if anyone else had the feelings I did and I guess not. I know they aren't done making announcements but I was hoping for more variety and not a bunch of plays. As I said earlier though I loved Star Wars in 30 minutes. It was great. So if you do get the chance to see that I would recommend it.

8. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I was hoping for around the clock showings of the entire film trilogy, save for ROTS. Isn't that why we're all here in the first place?

9. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    Here is the thing, only a few hundred people will be able to see each of these "Redundant" shows at a time. So the more shows and showings you can have, the better. As long as they have space, they should have as many things as possible. Mind you, you don't HAVE to go to any of them.

Personally, I'd rather have them err on the side of having too many things then not enough and I think most other attendee's would too.

We all have certain things that we want to see more than others and so when we see a bunch of events that we personally don't care that much about announced, then we are bound to feel we are not being served by the offerings. But look at that list of announcements on the official site http://www.starwars.com/c3/. And I'd venture to say there will be somewhere between 20 - 40 more announcements between now and the start of C3. So I think we sometimes need to take a step back and look at the big picture

Doc

10. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I really think I'm gonna pass on the SW musicals. As if there werent enough musicals in this world as it is. :p

But the other two sound cool...

11. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    I'm excited for these shows. Saw SW in 30 minutes at CII and it was a highlight. I'm really trying to fit the other two into my schedule but will wait and see what else is offered. I love all the choices!!

12. Darth_Larsen

Darth_Larsen Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    i think they will be great.

its a star wars con..not a sci fi con.. they gotta fell the space with something.

Im very glad that SW30 has so many spots (as of now anyway)

13. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    So SW in 30 min is cool? I don't know about the one-man thing. Any of us can (and probably have) done that ourselves...

14. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    trust me on this one KoB, the one man star wars show is totally worth seeing.

15. kenobi7777

kenobi7777 Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2003
    No, I'm excited to see all 3 programs, for sure. I guess it just depends on what your own personal interests are. By night I'm a professional actor (currently not working though, hehe) so I'm all about it. Plus I didn't attend C2 so I'm happy that I can catch all three acts in one place.

"So SW in 30 min is cool? I don't know about the one-man thing. Any of us can (and probably have) done that ourselves..."
    - It's probably harder than you think KoB, give the guy some credit...well, when you actually do see the show :)

16. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    By night I'm a professional actor (currently not working though, hehe) so I'm all about it.<<<
    Same here, kenobi7777, though I'm a writer also and been doing loads ofmthat lately, and getting published. But I want to see all three, including SW in 30 Minutes as I worked C2 and missed a lot of things. I already warned my husband, working the con he'll miss a lot of things, but doing it anyway. I asked if he can make not working Saturday so may do these 3 shows then to share with him.
    JMD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.