main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive Redundency rule question...

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by The Great No One, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    Is it still in effect? I thought that the original reason it was put into place was not wanting to clutter the RPF with non-Star Wars games, but seeing as we now have a non-Star Wars forum, should it really still exist since the reason for it no longer exists? It doesn't make much since to limit things to only one game per fandom now. I'm not precisely saying do away with any limit, but considering that there's a whole forum for that purpose only one seems a bit... strict.

Thoughts?

:snoopy

[color=darkblue][b]I_H Edit:[/b] I'm going to lock this for the time being. See Saintheart's post for the provisional answer to this question. I will repeat his point that a rules discussion thread is coming for the RPFs and will be here in the RPR. It could be as soon as tonight (if I feel so inclined), or it could come as late as next weekend (since I will be away from the internet Tues - Thursday). Its coming. Keep the ideas in your minds (or PM them to we Mods if you'd wish). And within a week, we'll have a full bodied discussion on it.

-I_H[/color]

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Well, I understand the rule..

Because it would be kinda silly to have say..4 Xmen games open up at the same time. Most games barely have enough players to actively keep one game going..

Splitting up players, and trying to run 4 of basically the same game, is not very healthy for any game.

Sure we might run similar senarios of Star wars games, and such, but they are diffrent. But with games like Batman, or Xmen, they are pretty much the same.

Not too long ago, there were 2 batman games running at same time. They didnt get too far along.

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    The current rule is: one game per user per forum, to a maximum of two. Two NSWRPG games in a given "universe" at any time - hence, two Batman games running at once was acceptable.

The primary reason these days for the two-game limit is, paraphrasing Ktala, player dilution: better to have one or two well-populated games in a given universe than half a dozen with one player each.

I might add we're going to have a debate about some of the current RPF rules in the very near future and whether they should remain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.