main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reflections: A Vignette Collection (FINALLY UPDATED: HOBBIE KLIVIAN "The Other Guy") 04/29

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Daughter_of_Yubyub, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Well, lately I keep getting inspired to write monologues for various characters. Rather than clutter the board, I decided to post them all together

This first one is Anakin Solo's thoughts immediately following his death.

To Those I Leave Behind

If it weren?t for the people I left behind, I wouldn?t have any regrets at all. I did what had to be done, but I didn?t want to hurt the people I love. There?s so much I wish that I could tell them.

Jaina. My big sister. You always tried to take care of me, right up until the end. That?s why I had to place myself out of your hands. I know you would have freely given your life for mine, but I couldn?t let you do that. The mission was my responsibility. Cling to the light, Jaya. For me? Never forget, you?re stronger than the darkness.

Jacen, brother, I know we didn?t always quite see eye to eye. I wish philosophy hadn?t come between us so often. Maybe neither of us was right. Don?t let anyone tell you that everything you believe is wrong. Everything Vergere tells you may well be a lie, but know this much to be true: You have a family that loves you unconditionally. You?re abilities are a gift, and it is your duty to use them to help those who cannot help themselves. You still have the light inside you. Don?t forsake it.

Mom, don?t worry about me. I?m at peace, it doesn?t hurt anymore. I know you will try to be the rock for the rest of the family, but don?t let it break you. You?re allowed to feel pain, you don?t have to fool everyone. It?s okay to cry, Mama.

Dad, it?s not fair for all the pressure to be on Mom. This time, you have to be the one strong enough to let you both carry on. Don?t abandon her again. And don?t dwell on all the things you said after Chewie died. I know that you weren?t yourself then. I forgive you. I just wish I could have told you that.

Winter. I knew you all my life, and you protected me when I was still small and helpless. I always felt safe when you were around. I realize that I?ve given you more painful memories that will haunt you forever, and I?m sorry for that. I know you can?t forget, but I hope that you can focus on the happy times.

Tahiri, I love you. I never dreamed I would be lucky enough to fall in love with my best friend. In another time, I know we could have lasted. Don?t turn our love into hatred. No matter how justified hating the Vong might seem, that way leads to the Dark Side.

Uncle Luke, don?t you dare try to blame this on yourself. I chose to go on that mission. Everyone agreed that it had to be done. We all knew it would be a miracle if any of us survived at all. It?s no one?s fault but the Vong?s.

Aunt Mara, you have to make them all understand. Tell Uncle Luke that the Jedi Order is still strong. He?ll listen to you. They all will. Help Jaina stay in the light.

Ben. Little one. I hope you never become I great Jedi warrior. I want you to become a Jedi in a galaxy that has no need for wars. I didn?t get that chance, but maybe this time it will be different. Maybe you will get to see a lasting peace. I?ll miss being there to watch you grow up.

Never give up. No matter how insurmountable the odds, no matter how powerful the foe, always continue on. Don?t give in to the darkness. The fight is over for me, but it?s not over for the galaxy. Don?t let it end for you until it ends for all.

2. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Should I continue these or stop? Someone say something, please.

3. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I like the idea, since it's getting into a character's head... and you're good at it. It's strange to see you write something other than humor, but thus far I think it's very good.

4. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Don't tell me I've been typecast already! [face_shocked]

Thanks for the input!

5. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    I want a wes monolouge!!!! ;)

pretty good yub!

but i agree it is sorta strange to see you not write humor!

but dont let that get you down it was cool!

6. WRAITH_LEADER

WRAITH_LEADER Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    Yub, You have a great talent and this is a way of showing your diverse ability. A great writter can make you laugh and cry. If you write more I will read it. This was out standing.

Wraith

7. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Okay, I have a Wedge monologue that I just need to type up and it's ready to go. I'm planning on doing a Wes one, don't you worry. After the downer that was Anakin, I need to get out of that particular mindset.

8. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    *chuckle* Sounds interesting, I can't wait!

9. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Well, here's Wedge. It's some thoughts during Rebel Stand.

Stand

This whole war, we?ve been conforming to the plans of others. Don?t fight, cover the retreat, appease the invaders. Maybe the problem will go away on its own, without ruffling any feathers. But this should never have been about politics. Freedom is bigger than that. Well, I?ve had enough. The time has come to fight. Fight like we used to, back in the Rebellion, back when we still remembered what we were fighting for.

I refuse to believe that is dead. Too many people died for it to let anyone take it away. The time has come to stand our ground. We will defend this world by our rules, not theirs. Pwoe will not tell us how to wage this war. And when this place falls, it will be on our terms, no one else?s. The Vong have decided the path of this war long enough.

It?s like Leia said. We have to fight until we can fight no more. And when we run, we have to exhaust the enemy. Then we have to turn around and fight again. It?s time to beat the enemy, old school style. The truth is, too few of our number fought in the war with the Empire. They have to learn what it?s like to fight a seemingly undefeatable enemy. When we fought the Remnant, it was clear that they were a dying order. Not so the Vong. They may be nothing like the Empire, but we must become like the force that was victorious in that war. Because in some ways, they are exactly the same. They are big. They are powerful. They will lose.

So who?s with me? Who will make a stand? I?ve always been a direct man, and this is no time for deception. This is dangerous business. By choosing this path, we aren?t just opposing the Vong. It?s our own government too. A government too corrupt to remember what it?s supposed to stand for. They?ve forgotten the ideals that so many of my friends died for. That is why so many others must die today. They aren?t the government that so many sacrificed their lives for. I won?t pretend this isn?t mutiny. But I?ve rebelled once, and the time has come to rebel again. I know that a lot of people are going to die if we take on the Vong. If we make a stand here, it could easily be our last.

We don?t have another choice. My life for the lives of others. If we allow the evil to continue, we are no better than the enemy. We should have started fighting back years ago. I?m not asking anyone to follow me if they don?t want to. But I will hold my ground. I will stand firm.

Even if I stand alone.

10. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Wow!!!

*speechless*

I liked, really liked the way you got into Wedges head.

11. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
  12. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Ack! I can't believe I missed that! That was incredible, you really get inside the character's head! wow!

13. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Wes is up next, just so you know.

14. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Well, we're going to leave the NJO behind for this post. Here's Wes Janson, caught in a semi-serious moment some time after the Wraith Squadron books.

Laughter and Tears

Sometimes, people ask me why I?m always goofing around. I just laugh, and ask them why they never goof off. After all, they don?t really want to know why I do those things. They just want me to stop, and that?s one thing I simply cannot do.

I seem to have developed a reputation as someone who just never grew up. I want to set the record straight here and now that this reputation is completely undeserved. I grew up the day I joined the Rebellion. I gave the Alliance my youth, and I was the lucky one. Most of my friends gave their lives. When I act like I?m a kid again, it?s because I?m trying to get back what I lost. And you know what? Adulthood isn?t like death. You can go back. By the same token, I know that death is permanent. When someone could die if I don?t act like an adult, I play that role. Better that I sacrifice I day of my reclaimed childhood than rest of someone else?s life.

But when the situation isn?t life or death, it?s my time. I want to be sure that I?m still alive. I know pilots that like to feel pain, just to remind themselves that they aren?t dead yet. Personally, I find my solution to be infinitely preferable. Laughter makes me feel full of life. Those who need pain as a reminder have forgotten how to laugh. In some ways, they are already dead. Maybe their bodies are functioning, but something has been killed inside them. There?s more to life than breathing. As long as I can laugh, I know that the enemy hasn?t crushed my spirit. After all, if your spirit has been crushed, what?s the point of living?

Through it all, I could have just given up at any time. I could have just broken down. I?m not saying I never shed a tear, but I learned not to dwell on it. To my way of thinking, there are two ways of going through life. Either you can cry about it, or you can laugh about it. Some people can find something to be depressed about in any situation. I?m telling you, there?s also something to be happy about. There are things that just aren?t funny, but there?s always something to brighten a situation. In our darkest hour, we met the Ewoks.

Ah, Ewoks. It?s not just about their funny name, or the way that they look, you know. We can all learn something from those little guys. It doesn?t matter to them that they don?t have the resources, they?re still willing to put their all into it. Ewoks have heart, I can?t help but admire that.

Plus, they drive Wedge crazy.

Trust me, with my past, I could be morose with the best of them. People would say I had every reason to be moping about. But I don?t want to dress in black and sigh and look solemn all the time. If you can?t laugh, you might as well be dead. In many ways, you are dead. If your spirit has been killed, there isn?t really anything left. All my life, one undeniable fact has remained true.

You can?t look dignified when you?re having fun.

15. WRAITH_LEADER

WRAITH_LEADER Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    [face_speechless] Good job Yub.

16. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    Wes couldn't have said it better himself. Incredible!! Great job Yub.

17. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Yub yub! That was so great! I love this line: After all, if your spirit has been crushed, what?s the point of living? That's great! Wonderful wonderful wonderful awesome awesome incredible story.

~Inyri

18. Ysanne_Isard

Ysanne_Isard Jedi Master star 5

Oct 27, 2002
    :_| these are so great, DoY!! you do them so well. *sniffs* i really liked the Anakin, and the Wedge one, and the Wes one, and.. [face_blush] i guess i really liked all of them. please write more :D [face_very_very_hopeful]

19. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Bravo Yub-Yub

20. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    [mouth_that_has_dropped_to_the_ground_in_ speechlessness] :) [face_love] GREAT JOB!!! :D

21. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I just stumbled onto this and all I have to say is: Wow. You do such a wonderful job in portraying the characters, Yubyub. I love how you can get into their heads so convincingly. Great job!!

22. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Excellent job! These are very convincing. I'd love to read more. :)

23. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Excellent portrayal of Wes, and very plausible... exceedingly well written. Great job!

24. Rogue_Fan

Rogue_Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    Very good writing! I think I came closer to crying reading this than I was when reading Star by Star.

Wes was also great. Serious and thoughtfull, and yet you managed to include the Ewoks and harssing Wedge without letting it overpower the serious stuff.

I also like how you wrote with bold letters when the monolouge is taking place, that way I could avoid Wedge for the moment (I still have a few pages to go before Rebel Dream is finished).

Keep up the good work!

25. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    If your spirit has been killed, there isn?t really anything left. All my life, one undeniable fact has remained true.

You can?t look dignified when you?re having fun.

That was incredible, Yubyub. Wes was so... believeable! What a glimpse into the mind of a man who many dismiss as an aimless prankster. And the last several lines were absolutely classic!

I really enjoyed reading you vignettes. Can I dare hope that more are on the way? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.