main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reflections: A Vignette Collection (FINALLY UPDATED: HOBBIE KLIVIAN "The Other Guy") 04/29

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Daughter_of_Yubyub, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Wow. Thanks everyone.

Wraith_Leader Thank you for all the support.

CptCorranHorn Well, it helps that Wes has been living in my head lately.

InryiForge Thank you for that glowing praise. [face_blush]

Ysanne_Isard Yes, there are more coming. I know I'm going to do Leia during Dark Journey, and Winter shortly before the Jedi Academy Trilogy.

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Thank you.

Macewindu77815 [face_blush]

Leah-Beth Thanks. The first monologue I ever wrote was actually for the express purpose of getting into a character's head to alleviate writer's block.

Gabri-Jade Thank you. I hope you enjoy future posts as well.

Jade_Max Wes is one of my favorite characters to work with. I'm glad you think I'm getting him right.

Rogue_Fan Really? Thanks! I knew I couldn't do Wes without those things, but I wanted there to be something more. I'll remember to keep mentioning what book it's based in when I'm setting the scene.

Xaara Thank you. I've always thought that people frequently overlook Wes's very real serious side, so I wanted to explore that facet of his character.

2. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    I can't believe I never saw this before.

Anikan's was good........

Wedges' was better...........

Wes' was PRICELESS!!!!!

3. FurBallTheSithEwok

FurBallTheSithEwok Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2002
    hey CW i got a request how about an Ewoks thoughts just before going into battle against the Empire

4. Rogue_Fan

Rogue_Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    I've finished Rebel Stand last night, so now I dared to read Wedge's thoughts without fear of being spoiled.

Though I still like Wes best of Anakin/Wedge/Wes I thought this was very good. Especially when I read the last part, about standing alone, I really saw Wedge in his X-Wing going back to save the YT 2400.

Dare I hope for more? :)

5. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Now that my essay is done, I'll hopefully be able to get Leia's monologue up.

Furball I'll see what I can do after I finish with Leia and Winter.

6. FurBallTheSithEwok

Dec 5, 2002
    it'll make a good intro for the Ewok Companion i'm writing. which is taking me long than i thought. no one seems to intrested in them. (and those are that are it's almost always "Death To Ewoks").

7. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    :_| :_| :_|

I just read all three of those . . . beautiful, but so sad!

8. FurBallTheSithEwok

Dec 5, 2002
    which is why CW is gonna make it as a writer

9. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Sorry this took so long. Bloody MLA essay. Anyway, I'm getting a lot of mileage out of Anakin's death. This is Leia's thoughts in Dark Journey.

The Last Time

I held my son for the last time today. One last time, I smoothed his curly hair and stroked his soft cheek. Perhaps it was only natural that I remembered the first time I ever held him. Those were dark times too, when we fought the Emperor. But Anakin gave us that little glimmer of light that we needed. Gazing down on his tiny face, I saw countless possibilities. I remember looking up and saying, ?New life, new generations of Jedi, that?s the hope for the future.? But Anakin?s life is ended and the Jedi are hunted again. That future I saw was cut cruelly short. And hope? Sometimes I wonder about hope.

All these years, when I put duties ahead of spending time with my children, I always knew that I was really doing it for their sake. I wanted to leave them a galaxy far better than the one I grew up in. When we at last made peace with the Empire, I thought I had finally achieved that goal. Then the Vong came and destroyed everything that my generation fought and suffered for. Now it?s not enough for them to destroy what I have built. Now they destroy the very people I built everything for.

Here I am at a funeral no mother should ever attend. Anakin was many things to many people. But for me, he was always my son, my baby. Such a sweet, innocent child. I fed him when he was hungry and played with him when he was bored. I washed his dirty face and bandaged his skinned knees. I sang to him when he couldn?t sleep, and comforted him when he was afraid. I tried to protect him from those who sought to hurt him, but children grow up. My son had to grow up far to fast. Before long he was the one going out to protect others, even though it put his own life in danger. I thought that he would always come back to me. I never imagined that the last time I said goodbye to him it would be forever.

Seventeen. He was seventeen. He should have still been in school, not fighting a war. Being a Jedi is a heavy burden for one so young. No one can deny that he made full use of the gifts he was given. I?m certain that he would have been a great Jedi Master. Of course, now we?ll never know. Some people talk about the waste of potential. That?s not what bothers me, I can?t even really see that. All I know is that my boy is gone.

?Anakin Solo saved my life,? they all say. The words sound strange to me. I can?t imagine saying them. Anakin Solo didn?t save my life. Anakin Solo was part of my life. A part that can?t ever be replaced or forgotten. Over twenty-five years ago, I saw my world destroyed. A month ago, it happened all over again. History may very well call Anakin a hero. However, I will always simply call him my son.

10. The_Standmaiden

Jul 28, 2002
    :_| :_| :_|

That's so sad!

?New life, new generations of Jedi, that?s the hope for the future.?
    I remember you talking about the irony of that when you were reading it after knowing Anakin was going to die.

Seventeen. He was seventeen. He should have still been in school, not fighting a war.
    :_|

Great job showing the feelings of a survivor! No parent should have to go to their child's funeral.

11. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Thanks!

Unless Winter has other ideas, the next one should be happier.

12. The_Standmaiden

Jul 28, 2002
    UP! :D

Wow . . . OPPM really does hate you. :p

13. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Well, I did manage to do one not about death, yay! This is Winter shortly before the Jedi Academy Trilogy.

While the World Sleeps

Some nights, I like to just sit here and watch the children sleep. There?s really not all that much else to do here. Right now, I find it infinitely preferable to stay here with the little ones rather than watch some old holodrama for the millionth time. Especially since I remember exactly how every holo I?ve ever seen goes, but the children are always doing something new.

They?re such dear little children. The twins are getting so big! They want to explore absolutely everything. I can tell they?ll enjoy Coruscant when they finally go home next month.

I?m going to miss them when they?re gone. It will be so quiet here with just me, the baby and TDL. I?ve grown accustomed to constantly answering questions from Jacen and Jaina. I know they really need to be with their parents, and that Leia will do a wonderful job taking care of them, but they?ve just been such a central component of my life. I just wish that Jedi children didn?t need to be so sheltered for their first two years.

I can handle this for another year and a half. Before I know it, Anakin will be walking and talking. And not long after that, he will be ready to leave this place behind as well. They just grow up so fast.

No matter what Luke says, the danger only really begins when they reach that magic age of two. He thinks too much about Jedi and Sith sometimes, when the real danger comes from far more mundane sources. Growing up with the Alderaanian royal family I learned all too well the dangers faced by the children of politically powerful parents.

But don?t you worry about that, baby. You have all kinds of people looking out for you. Your mommy and daddy want nothing more than for you and your brother and sister to be safe. Your uncle will watch over you too, keep you safe from the powers of the Dark Side. And I?m here to take care of you right now. Sleep, child. I will protect you.

It?s strange, knowing that I?m the only person awake on the entire planet. It can get pretty lonely sometimes. I wish that Tycho were here with me. If only he wasn?t a member of Rogue Squadron. As it stands, he?s just too high profile to disappear for a couple years. There is something to be said for obscurity. I miss him. It?s been six months, two weeks and four days since we last saw each other.

Maybe we?ll have our chance when baby Anakin is older. It?s bound to be easier to steal time together once I?m living on a planet that appears on a standard chart. Someday, I?d like for us to get married. Even have children of our own. But for now, I have these three to care for, with all the joy and grief that brings. Jacen. Jaina. Anakin.

14. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    That was very touching Yub. Winter is such a good character.

15. The_Standmaiden

Jul 28, 2002
    [face_laugh] It's not about death, but the Anakin parts are so sad! :p

And silly Winter, actually thinking she'll get time with Tycho! She should know that authors seem to love keeping them apart. :p

Seriously, though. Great job. :)

16. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Hey, I missed Leia! Well, I'm caught up now. Good job again, both with the tragedy of Leia's and the relative ordinariness of Winter's. And I mean that last in a nice way--I don't think we ever get to see enough ordinary moments in the lives of these poor characters. Nicely done! :)

17. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    CptCorranHorn Thanks! I've always been rather fond of Winter.

TSM Hence my thinly veiled yelling at the authors in there! :p And Wicket is next!

Gabri_Jade Thanks! I love just the ordinary little moments.

18. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    I liked the reflections of these characters and was glad you remembered Tycho in your Winter one.

19. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    How could I forget him immediately after reading the comic where they first got together? :p

20. Angel_9

Angel_9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    simply amazing Yub Yub...I only wish i could get into character so easily as you do. As anyone can attest to (ie Jade Max) I'm just really good at doing action, you know making stuff explode.

Anyway enough of my lamenting. Keep up the great work. I can't wait to read the next one. But i do have on request, if possible could you do an R2-D2 or maybe a C-3P0 one.

I just think it would be so cool to see inside their thoughts, not to mention a little fun.

Peace love and Jolt Cola

Angel 9

21. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    R2 is a definite possibility. The next three I have planned are Wickett, Jaina and Han.

22. Angel_9

Angel_9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    *pokes Yub Yub*

you there?

mmmmm no new post...i'm getting antsy.

23. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    New post soon, I promise! DRL attacked! (Finals followed by a long term power failure)

Wickett is written, so I'm going to type it while theoretically in bed tonight.

24. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    I know, I know, I've been the most horribly slow writer of late, but I'm really sorry. Fortunately, DRL seems to have finally calmed down, so the next post won't take a month. Anyways, here's Wickett W. Warrick during RotJ.

Freedom, Power and Glory

Today, we fight. Those humans seem to think that they can just come, cut down the trees, build their fortress and fight their wars. These? ?Imperials?, the Golden One calls them, really believe that they can get away with it.

They don?t realize that the Ewoks are strong. A lot of humans don?t. I can see it in the way that they look at us. They want our help. They need our help. They just aren?t sure just how much help we can really give them.

They?ll find out today just how much help we can be. Just because we?re smaller than they are doesn?t mean we don?t know how to fight. We are warriors, and this is our home. We will defend it, and the Imperials are going to wish that they had never come here. They don?t stand a chance against us. These forests are a part of every Ewok. We know them better than these others ever could. They don?t know how to move, or how to vanish in the woods or how to see us doing the same. They will leave our forest alone after this.

Maybe our weapons don?t shoot fire. Maybe we don?t have any armor. Maybe we have no ships to fly to the stars. But we don?t need those to win today. It doesn?t matter what their weapons shoot if they can?t hit us. Their armor does them more damage than help in the woods. We can see and hear them coming for a long time. And I want to see how the machines like tree trunks. We don?t cut down trees lightly, but they were willing to make a sacrifice to help win this battle.

Our weapons are strong. A rock and a spear are all that we need. Of course, we aren?t just depending on that. This is too important for us not to try everything we possibly can. We have more planned for the Imperials than just the basics of war. I guarantee we?re going to surprise them. We?re going to surprise everybody. Our enemies, our allies? and maybe even ourselves.

We?ve never tried anything this big before. We didn?t tell the humans, but we had to gather warriors from all the nearby villages. Anyone who could hear our horns or be reached by our messengers has come to fight the Imperials. Even the ones who we don?t like have come because of what the Golden One said. Together, we will all be victorious.

When the day is done, and the battle is over, we will all celebrate together. And what a celebration it will be! We will celebrate freedom, power and glory. And we will celebrate love.

Coatee cha tu yub nub
    Coatee cha tu yahwah
    Coatee cha tu glowah
    Allay loo ta nuv

25. The_Standmaiden

Jul 28, 2002
    Awww! That was so sweet! The Ewoks are so simple, and yet they seem to know more than the humans do. :)

Another great installment! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.